Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. OzzY

OzzY Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Student
    Serbia
    #2241 OzzY, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
    Well, I have the GC account, but as I said in some of my previous posts, I don't "have" the Game Center. As I said, at some point it stopped showing my games under Games section so I decided to delete it along with other GC associated files and binaries from the device (to free a little space). Of course I could restore iOS to factory settings but I'm jailbroken so reconfiguring device after clean installation isn't as easy as clicking "restore from backup" button.
    But all of the games requiring GC work on my device without crashing, although there was one game which did but it had big "Game Center" button in main menu which when clicked caused crash, but all others work just fine. Maybe Minigore is trying to communicate with GC and it crashes because of that which is OK (cause my device doesn't meet Minigore's requirements in some sense) but Real Racing 3, for example, and many others work just fine no matter GC is absent on my device...

Also, I tried playing it with access to the internet and the same thing happens. I'm pretty sure absence of GC on my device is cause of the problem but the game shouldn't be requiring GC for playing arena (at least in my opinion).

2. Karmington

Karmington Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    That could be it, we do a request for opponents immediately on launching the arena, and the nonexistent gamecenter probably returns something we haven't covered, game keeps going forwards until it's time to draw the score.

3. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Lol how much space could you free by deleting GC?

4. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    I just noticed something that might be a bug.
    Maybe I've been wrong all this time, but I was under the impression that when you kill a bunch of enemies in a chain, you get increasingly more coins (or souls). I thought this because as you kill enemies, the number above their heads goes up, sort of like a multiplier rewarding large chains of kills. Is this not the case? Because I've noticed that as the number of coins goes up while I'm killing chains of enemies, I'm actually only earning the normal amount. So, for regular zombies, even if I kill a few dozen and the multiplier goes up into the hundreds, if I look at my tally at the top of the screen, it's still only going up by 4 coins at a time. Does this make sense? Was it always like this? Is this a bug?
    For the record, I've been playing with a maxed out furry, with hardcore mode on. Been chasing challenges, so I haven't noticed this happening in the arena.
    Has anyone else noticed this?

5. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Not a bug, you misunderstood it.

6. InkyTheGhost

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    If I've misunderstood this, then can someone explain it to me?
    When you kill a chain of enemies, a coin icon and a number appears above their heads. This seems to me to clearly imply that the number of coins you earn increases as the chain of kills increases.
    If this is not the case, then why would it show a coin icon and an increasing number above the heads of enemies you've killed? What's the purpose of that?
    What do those numbers mean, if not coins earned?

7. rebelliusnigglet

rebelliusnigglet Active Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Basically it is a chain. You're chaining kills so it just adds to the coin count. You're not earning MORE coins. You're earning the same amount of coins, but they're in such a close time frame that it counts them in one lump sum.

8. InkyTheGhost

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Oooooohhhhhh, is that what's going on?
    Guess I'm an idiot.

Also, anyone know where to find the enraged Evan? Thought he was on Monstrosity, but I haven't seen him there in about 2 dozen tries.

9. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Which one, Even Hsu or Sensei Even? Hsu is in Sunny Lake of Reaper, not sure where enraged Sensei is though. He'sdefinitely not in Sunny Lake or Graveyard of Domovoi.

10. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Alright, this is really starting to get on my nerves with these bunnies. It is getting to the point where I am going to stop playing the arena. I die in the same spot every time due to being swarmed. Karmington, can you PLEASE put this on a to do list for your next update?

11. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Save a grenade launcher for them. That kills the whole bunch from a safe distance.

12. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    The score thing, yeah it's just to prevent the screen from getting spammed with lots of score messages so we stack them together.

Bunnies and grenades do go well together...

13. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Hey Karmington, in the next update can you keep the upgrade bar and description for maxed out weapons? A weapon list with only "MAXED OUT" repeated looks boring. I haven't fully upgraded all of my babies yet, but I'm sure many have and they should share my thought as well :D

Speaking of which, what will the next update be like? No detail is fine, I'm just curious :)

14. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Haha... OK! Let me go outside and pull a fresh 100 dollar bill off my money tree too.

15. PedroCst

PedroCst Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    I usually go for the cloves or for the Dual M60s (which are too rare on the arena IMO).

16. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Whats the fastest way to get a lot of coins? Arena?

17. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    Night forest, I easily get like 100k there

18. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I find Night Forest a bit harder than the Arena, due to Metusalem spamming poison -_-

19. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    People are pretty wrapped up in getting the next game presentable for GDC, so we might just do the reboot of the Leaderboard in the update, and try to come up with something juicier for the next one. Not nailed down yet though.

20. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Hmmmm. Well since the bunny tweak seems to be off the table, how about the arena crash? Any word on if that will be fixed?