Universal Minigore 2: Zombies - (by Mountain Sheep)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Karmington

Karmington Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    #2181 Karmington, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    Re: iTunes password request, what a pita, I´m pretty sure that was thought to be fixed up but obviously not. Extremely annoying, and will be on the top of our list of critical fixings...

Also we will bring to the pattern designers attention to take a good long look at some of these pattern issues.

As far as I recall weapon drops are not affected by weapon level as such, but i may be wrong as i don´t have the code in front of me at the moment to check.

iCloud save could be implemented but it would seem we would have to just brutally look at the timestamp, and accept the latest timestamped save to be valid - resulting in possible uncomfortable situations where some progress and/or shopping would be rolled back unintentionally. For the moment we recommend using your techsavvy and copying saves over with some tools like iFunBox, iPhone Explorer etc.

2. killwhitey

killwhitey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    that's good to hear. thanks so much!

3. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    What ever happened to the new enemy greedy that was meant to be in the update?

4. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    We got FURRIES! I'm satisfied :D

5. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #2185 SumoSplash, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    Karmington,

Yeah, it would be great to explore the patterns a little bit. There are simply too many times where I feel I am being swarmed with absolutely no escape route, or an appropriate weapon to deal with the situation. I mentioned this about 100 pages back or so, but I am wondering if maybe the characters need to be slightly faster than the speed they move at now (without speed boost). And when I say slight, I mean about 5%.

Here are my stats using John: Machine Gun, level 10; Single Cannon, Level 10; Dual Machine Gun, level 10; Dual Shotgun, Dual Grenades and Dual Cannon, all at level 8; Dual Super Shotgun, level 3. Now, just from my observations, the standard Single Machine Gun drops at a much higher/consistent rate than any other weapon crate. The Single Cannon, Dual Machine Gun, Dual Shotgun, Dual Grenades and Dual Cannon are all relatively the same in terms of drops, and the Dual Shotgun I barely get at all. I am just using deductive reasoning to say that the level your weapons are equipped at affects their drop rate, but I obviously have no way to prove this.

If the level of the weapon does not determine the drop rate, then what does?

6. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    #2186 Karmington, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    Greedy is the Arena boss. You may note some similarity to the shopkeeper...

Weapon drops are written into the level patterns, with a system in which if you havent got the specified weapon unlocked it will look downwards through your weapon set until it finds something to give, defaulting to the single MG. We might encourage the level designer to take a pass through the pattern files with a search for the various weapons and get some hard data on their frequency, so as to balance out the drops a bit more. At the moment they are pretty much made by seat of the pants feeling. The patterns were tweaked for the last update, but could perhaps still use a little attention.

7. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Hmm, I can find neither Uncle Jerry nor green sheep. The latter seems to be extremely rare :/

8. Cause007

Cause007 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    I had good luck getting rare sheep on Metusalem. For the life of me, I can't find a Blue Moose still (no colored moose show up on Lvl 1, where they're most prevalent).

9. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I found uncle Jerry on the first graveyard level while looking for blue pork Druid
    It will take a few trys to find him as he does not spawn every night
    I am still stuck on finding a green sheep I know sheeps are in night forest

10. PyroLord

PyroLord Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Still no Easter bunnies there, know what, this sucks

11. Jazzzed

Jazzzed Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    #2191 Jazzzed, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    Are you looking for a flaming one or something? I get the Easter Bunnies in night 1 of the first map (Dead Jester)... towards the end of the night, when the large Zombie Grandma and large Zombie Grandpa spawn. I play as regular John Gore, and have hardcore mode on... Seem to always spawn for me... But theyre not flaming or anything usually.

12. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    #2192 Karmington, Feb 28, 2013
    Beaster Bunny tip: Sunny Lake 2. EDIT : Hmm it should be seen on every pass in Sunny Lake 1, but in a non-flaming beast mode. If the challenge is not completing there, it may be the sign of a bug.

Looking at the Leaderboards and starting to feel like we definitely need to make a sanitizer for it and make a new one. First legit score at position 57. Naughty naughty people...

13. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Got all the iAP now every weapon/character is maximized!!

14. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    #2194 Karmington, Feb 28, 2013
    Thanks for the support Trysis3!

One way to keep the leaderboard fairly clean would be : to not save the arena mode game at all. Pausing would be enabled, but no saving. Then the save could not be tampered with, and leaderboards would likely be a lot cleaner. Any opinions on this?

15. PedroCst

PedroCst Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    Boring...

16. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    #2196 Karmington, Feb 28, 2013
    I know it may seem a shortcut to take the iap, but on the other hand those little financial boosts help us make more games... So don't diss it! It's hard to make the iappers subtle and rewarding, the coin doubler seems to be considered 'fair'... Maybe the full unlocks should also be behind a mode switch like Hardcore mode, so you could turn them on and off to prove your worth without them, and allow you to do the 'natural progress thing' as well...

17. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    But what's the point of unlocking everything so quickly? Coin doubler is great though:)
    Hopefully more characters and levels will keep coming

18. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    I doubt he actually paid for them so your thanks is probably misplaced. He recently boasted about how he "got" $200 worth of IAP for Real Racing 3 and when someone questioned his financial sense he was very clear he had said he "got" $200 worth of IAP, not that he "paid" for $200 worth of IAP.

19. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Well I bought the game day one as well as the coin doubler ,I just wanted stop the grind!

20. Karmington

Dec 19, 2012
    #2200 Karmington, Feb 28, 2013
    Back to the Arena not saving - I think that could be the way to go if we want the leaderboard to stay clean. It's sort of messy since it would act differently from all the other levels though... Perhaps "No items, No saves" would be clear enough in the text.