MiniDrivers - Formula 1 arcade game (March 13th) By Ivanovich Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ivanovich, Mar 8, 2015.

1. ivanovich

ivanovich Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The craziest races are now on your hand with MiniDrivers! The animated serie which is loved by millions of people around the world has a new main character: You. Create your own stores or change the rules becoming World Champion.

IS TIME TO RACE!
    If something is peculiar with MiniDrivers is their way to see the sport. Who said races are boring? Surprises will be in every corner with the power-ups that you’ve seen on the animated series. Freeze your rivals with the Freeze-o-Kimi, throw a boomerang as the Australian drivers or smash your rivals as the most “shocking” driver does in real life.

Enjoy three different game modes, like the Tournament that will make you show that you’re the best driver. The season mode will allow you become the 2015 MiniDrivers World Champion and the online tournament that will allow you to show everyone that you’re the best driver with the weekly challenges against your friends around the world. Also you can enjoy the chapter of your favorite cartoons and see all the chapters from our app.

A SEASON TO REMEMBER
    Race on the 20 most known tracks of the series full of details and surprises that will shock you with the full grid for this 2015 season of MiniDrivers. Will you be able to beat Minicedes with your favorite driver? Now you can do it! Change the story and specially… Change the rules!

MINIDRIVERS AS YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE
    Realistic graphics adapted to the retina display of your awesome iPhone and iPad. Also you will be able to change the amount of detail. You will see everything!

BECOME AN ENGINEER
    Realistic physics for the most exigent drivers with an arcade handling for the little ones. All the people can race at MiniDrivers the videogame! But don’t forget to upgrade your car if you want to be on top and beat your rivals.

COMPLETELY FREE
    To enjoy as much as you can the game we offer the game completely free with inApp purchases that are optional. Put your seatbelt and press the acceleration because the championship has started!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Availiblity: 13-march-2015
    Download iOS: HERE
    Download Android : HERE
    Windows phone version is coming really soon.

More info? Private message ;)

2. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Looks great, but any idea what the IAP will be like? To unlock possibly?

3. ivanovich

The game include for free all the cars and all the tracks with no timers.

You can buy coins or sponsors if do you want to unlock new cars faster and of course if do you want help to the developers :rolleyes:

4. ivanovich

5. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    It seems all the codes have been used and once again no one has posted that they have taken them. Thank you for sharing anyway.

This game looks great, will definitely give it a go when it is released.

6. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    No more codes... gutted #
    Would love to give this game a red hot go!

7. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Downloading now :).

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    took the second one. will give it a try later. the video is showing some great gameplay but im not sure how the controls work. combat racing is always a fun genre for me.

9. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    #9 fabianb, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    Alright some impressions.

It's actually a Mario kart racer in F1 style. The power ups are actually really annoying. I'll explain why after I tell you which ones are available.

You have boomerangs for hitting other drivers, as well as some gun. The loose tyre you can shoot in front is the same idea. You also have a shield and some sort of turbo. I also got shot with some gun that transforms you in a big ball of ice. The annoying thing is (for me), when you get hit by one of these powerups, you lose all control for more than a couple of seconds. It just feels too long. It should be like: Pow! "Ah damn I got hit" and you can race further after reset". But it's now like: Pow! ............ car still not controllable...... Ah now I can race again. Also it usually doesnt teleport you back when you are against the wall as result of the powerup. You then have to reverse by braking. Well, really annoying as you can never win anymore.

Enough about the powerups. The graphics itself are just like you see on the screenshots. But the track actually looks pretty good ingame (nice texture?). I don't like the user interface though. It's a bit too much basic. You can try to make it more simple: like buttons without the borders so that they are flat and simple. My opinion, but it will look more clean and less complex.

The driving itself is just like Mario kart. Very simple. The speed could be a bit higher but maby that comes with better cars.

Not sure what to tell more. And not sure if I can really recommend it. It's a good game but the annoying power ups (in it's current state) are destroying the fun. Also the user interface could be better. Maby not the feedback what you wanted but at least you can do something useful with it :). I believe people can still get some fun out of this game ;)

10. ivanovich

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes. Our intention was to create the best "Mario-kart" game possible for mobile devices and create it for free with totally optional in-App's, good graphics and include all the tracks and cars used in the MiniDrivers serie.

About power-ups: We've played tons of hours and we find them very well balanced. But of course that by definition you can find it annoying if you're hit by your opponents but... in other hand... it's very funny when you use this same power-ups hitting your opponents.

PS: If do you want one "teleport" to one secure place you can keep stopped 1 second and that's it!

11. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Another suggestion: if another driver touches you from behind, you get in a uncontrolable spin and can only recover after several seconds. The physics between cars is not really smooth so to say :p.

12. ivanovich

@fabianb: Thanks for your suggestions.

We're using realistic physics based in the awesome EDIS physic motor and the advanced iRDS intelligent Artificial.

This mix create a great realistic environment and this is controlled by a 100% arcade game with power-ups. YES! This is not a typical "solution" because the arcade games normally use non-realistic physics. But we've played tons of hours to MiniDrivers and we love the final result like they it's now.

In any case... We are improving some specific situations doing little changes to the physics for the first update. (some situations like you described) ;)

13. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Got a code and I must thank the Devs! Your typical Ivanovich game, highly polished, with solid controls, and tons of fun. Early impressions since I just completed the tutorial.

What is nice is the weather effects, totally impressive! From what I have played so far, I am liking the game, even if its FTP. IAP is to purchase coins and packs, range from free (watching a video) to $99.99. Not sure if there is a pay-wall, but based on other games from Ivanovich, doesn't seem likely, not 100% sure though.

The game reminds me of Mario Kart, but with F1 skins and attributes, lol. Graphically nice to look at and play, controls, like I stated earlier, solid and responsive. If I crash, my fault or the damn sneaky AI racers, lol.

Highly recommended, once you boot it up, gives you that, "wow" impressions, then you play, it like "damn I'm impressed", lol.

Great job, and if I may suggest, implementing a "coin doubler".

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  15. ivanovich

@redribbon: Thanks for the video.

The idea behind the SPONSOR is exactly the "coin doubler". Do you want more coins? Get sponsors and you have a x10 coin.

1- You can race "normal" and get your x1 prize.
    2- You can watch a video and get 3 free sponsor --> 3 races with x10 coins
    3- You can buy sponsors (100 sponsor = $1) --> 100 races with x10 coins
    4- You can buy infinite sponsors (pay only once $5.99) --> All races x10 coins