Universal Mini Racing Adventures (by Minimo Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by MinimoStudio, Apr 22, 2015.

1. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I had my impressions in the other thread so I figured I would post them here too;

After playing for a bit I have some feedback; games plays GREAT! I think it can easily gain as much popularity as hill climb racing. The multiplayer makes it easily more fun and is a great incentive to making more coins. I haven't been able to connect with anyone online yet though, but that's alright. The only requests I have so far are icloud support across devices (so I can play on my phone during the day and keep my progress) and extending the input for the pedals all the way up the screen. They added that into hill climb if you wanted to see what I mean, although I don't want to keep comparing your game to hill climb. Really really fun and glad to see supportive devs in the forums! I will definitely be buying a pack of coins soon :)

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Single and the Funny Footpath track is what I've been doing. Oh, and running it with the quad or motorcycle. With all the jumps, you can make quite a bit on each run. You figure you hit a decent jump and thow a backflip into the mix and you make over 100 coins on that jump alone. Some of the other tracks are fun just for the rock crawling, but yea. I'd LOVE to see GameCenter implemented better to where I can see how far you guys have gone or racing your ghosts. The game is a blast as is, but I wanna see how I'm panning out against you guys.......or maybe I don't wanna know. Lol

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Thanks for the tips, NOEN. I say this about a lot of games, but MRA would REALLY benefit from Game Center leaderboards. I think it would make matchmaking a heck of a lot easier too.

4. MinimoStudio

MinimoStudio Active Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Thanks for the input :) Actually this game also available in Android and also on Steam soon, so we prefer to have a unified leaderboard. But it also not a mandatory issue, we will use the GameCenter leaderboards if we cannot find any other alternative. In multiplayer you race with other on the same stage. But at this time, we didn't have a big enough user base yet, so you might have to wait until you meet someone to race.

Thanks for your support :)
    Okay, it seems you guys really like to see that feature, I think we can forget to find out the alternative and implement the individual platform leaderboard.
    Yeah, hopefully we can get better exposure, so we can work on updates.

Thanks for considering to do a video about the game :) Yeah we also hope so, we are having not enough exposure now.
    Glad to know that this game really can entertain you

Sorry for the inconvenience, we have to release the game before all of the feature done to support our living. Sure, we will working on that feature.
    Hmm, i guess it's a white can obstacle? Yeah, it will be hard to pass with such small tire, you have to make a jump to pass with it.
    Haha, thats a lot of coins, that level really need to be balanced a little bit.

You won't encounter an enemy with Play with Friend mode. It's designed as a private room for you and your friend. You may encounter enemy in Live Multiplayer mode, but since we don't have so much player playing now, it might takes a while to meet enemy online.
    If you can keep your position at 1st place, the ghost/battle will give you additional coins each 500m. Haha sorry for those confusing setup

Thanks for the feedback :) Yeah, the problem is we are not having a large user base yet, so it will be hard to meet someone online. Hopefully it gains more downloads so you can easily meet enemy. Okay, since a lot of people request that feature, I will prioritize it for update. Sure, thats a good point, we can add it for the update. We also glad to see supportive users like you guys, we really appreciate it :)

Yeah, we also curious on how far you guys can reach. FYI, I am able to reach 8000m+ on that level :cool: Since the only programmer is me, it will takes time to add it so please be patient :)

How the Game Center benefits to the matchmaking? I don't get it. At this time, you will be matched to other player waiting on the same level across iOS and Android within a same server on your region. Yeah, it will be our priority for next update :)

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Wow! That's dedication! The developer taking time to reply to each and every comment!

6. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I neeeeeed a cloud or Facebook save feature so I can delete this soft release version (and not lose my progress) then re download it from the UK store and buy the iap to remove ads :D

7. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Sexy Pirate, or, until the cloud or facebook is implemented (and you're still running iOS 8.2 or lower), you can use CopyTrans or iExplorer to save your progress, download the game from UK store and import your old save game so you can be sure to continue at the same point where you stopped;)

8. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    And taking everything into consideration! I guess for now we could just post our farthest records and see who is currently the farthest? I don't even have a fully upgraded vehicle yet but I am just as curious to see how far people are getting. We could also set a dedicated room name to try and set up races against each other?

9. MinimoStudio

Sep 26, 2014
    We are also very thankful to you guys, we have thousands of download but only you guys want to take your time and give us your idea to improve the game. You deserve it guys :)

Please be patient SexyPirate, we started working on cloud save feature. Then we encounter another problem, we don't have 2 Apple device to test the synchronization haha. I'll find someone to borrow, and get it work asap.

Thanks for the tips! :)

We should, we can't tell what you guys want from the game without these suggestions here :)
    Unfortunately I lost my records when replacing the game with newer build, but I can show some record from the enemy I recorded for the ghosting :

Level 3
    #6 RockBuggy 4693m
    #7 Buggy 5763m
    #8 Bajabug 7044m

Unfortunately the server spread within 5 regions all over the world, you can only meet to people who connect to best connection server to you. I'm connected to Asia server, so I cannot meet you if you are connected to Europe server :( Maybe I should put in an option to choose the preferred server.

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Baja Bug is awesome, I'm currently putting all available resources to fully upgrade this sweet ride;) Making backlips, even a frontflips is the easiest thing to do. It's a bit hard to control in the beginning, but it's a matter of practice I guess. I'm still making more money with quad bike though. I expected to earn some more bonus coins for double flips, but it's not happening. Even when I do triple flip (oh yes, with Baja Bug anything's possible LOL), it's still just counts as three flips instead of some crazy bonus for doing such a stunt. It's not a big deal, I'm just saying... Are there any other tricks we can learn? Can you share some secret hints?;)

11. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Yeah I expected the retro racer to handle more that way, but after discovering the nimbleness of the bug I'm using it a lot more. My next goal is to get a flip in the mini mog :)

12. MinimoStudio

Sep 26, 2014
    Glad to know you like it :) Yeah he is more agile and also small.
    Yeah, I don't programmed it to give more bonus, but that's a good idea I'll add that but not in high priority for now.
    Hmm, let me see you pass through 5000m on any level, then I'll give you a hint. ;)

Yeah, he is more nimble for more experienced player. And he deserve it for its price tag :p
    Hahaha I don't know if the minimog could do flip, we designed it for safe player. Even I'm having a hard time to make him crash haha
    It's a good idea as Game Center Achievement, I'll add it later :D

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I'm 4500+ on stage 2, does that count?:D

14. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    I've made it past 5000 on stage 2!

Attached Files:

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Finally picked up the Baja Bug. It was my last vehicle to get and its my favorite vehicle by far!.....well at least for stage 2. That's one thing that's cool about this game is trying to find the perfect vehicle for each track. Now that everything is unlocked, it's time to start breaking some records. We NEED leaderboards or something! I want to see how I stack up against everybody..... Oh, Id like to see some sort of cloud save so I can delete this soft launched version and download it on my US account so I can throw some money at the developer. I feel so guilty having this much fun for free. Lol

This game definitly deserves more attention. It seems like only a handful of people have found this game.

16. MinimoStudio

Sep 26, 2014
    Sorry, it doesn't count, but since Baldeagle made it past, I'll share the tips. You gotta thank him :D

Congrats bro! You must be struggling to pass that mark, but still there is a long way ahead :D

So here is the tips :
    At level 3 sewer, you will much easier using small, low car such as Dune Buggy and Baja Bug. And you can flip in each climb there to dodge the ceiling while keeping your speed, without hit the brake :D At most time, it will be my wheel that hit the ceiling instead of my head and crashing

[​IMG]

So you know how to overcome the low ceiling, I challenge you to beat the Baja Bug enemy I recorded as 8th enemy at 7044m mark. I'll announce you as the furthest player all over the world on our Facebook and Twitter :D

Glad to know you finally found your favorite one, congrats! You seems have a good eye of it, and that's true. You can enjoy motorcycle in level 2, but you will hit the ceiling easily on level 3. Haha yeah, we will working on that feature after the cloud save feature done, so please be patient :D Our dowloads now still low, you must be at high rank if it was exist.
    Lol, no need to feel guilty bro, enjoy the ride! :)
    Yeah, as the download and user build up, we will getting revenue to support the development, so don't worry.

17. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    My fav vehicle is the monster truck. I've got it pretty upgraded and it's great. :D

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Even with Trials Frontier fixed, I'm still playing the heck out of this game.

19. MinimoStudio

Sep 26, 2014
    Sorry, I've been busy these days :D

Interesting, I never found someone like that vehicle before. For me its to slippery and easy to tilt, so I often flipped and crash. Glad to know you like :)

Hahaha are you serious? Don't make me blushing :p
    A friend of mine refer me to that game and compared our game as inferior to that. Glad to know you like our game better :D

20. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.