Out Now Mini Motorways (by Dinosaur Polo Club)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 17, 2019.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    6FE4D5E7-B496-4EBD-91F2-7ED58334F398.png New highscore in the game, on Dubai, for me the game is now better and more fun than Mini Metro, also love the look of the game more than Mini Metro.

MetaGonzo likes this.
  2. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    I also love the game but this post pains me somewhat… Dubai is the last city that I don’t have over 3 figures!

How these very high scores are achieved I will never know. My current best on Dubai is 996; I have to be 7 times better to catch up with Roger? Inconceivable! :D

Luckily I love the process rather than the end result (mostly…)

ROGER-NL likes this.
  3. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Sorry ha ha, I also like the beginning of the game more than when the city is crowded, I never speed up the game, I play 3 weeks and then I make a pause for half an hour or so and after that I play another 2 or 3 weeks depending on how much I need to change the roads.
    It begins so relaxing and ends up stressfull ha ha.

MetaGonzo likes this.
  4. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    That’s it in a nutshell really.
    I always start off thinking “Oh yes; I do love this game.” and by the time it’s about to fail I’m screaming how unfair it is to put those houses all the way over there and swearing I’ll never play again (and of course, I always do.) :D

ROGER-NL likes this.
  5. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well I feel you need a bit of luck when you get enough highway’s you can get a big score, sometimes I only get 4 in one run but with my highscores I got 9 of them, and they are crucial I think.

MetaGonzo likes this.
  6. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Oh yes. A great deal of it is luck of course, the rewards random.

I’d hate to think what sort of algorithm would be required to send a bit of situation appropriate help but not too much help.

In my head it’s the opposite; “Wow this guy really needs a bridge… have some traffic lights!”

On that note, did traffic lights ever get fixed into some form of usefulness?
    I avoided them like the plague from just after launch onwards. Tried them again the other day and they still seemed redundant.

ROGER-NL likes this.
  7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah never use traffic lights either.

MetaGonzo likes this.
  8. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Update with new content. Train stations are now a building with connecting rail lines to impede traffic flow.
    London has been updated to include rail and Mumbai and New York are added (with rail).
    Seems like a good addition; however if traffic is backed up across the rail line the train just carries on over the traffic with no ill effects! Bit odd perhaps.

Mini Metro also has an update with new maps.