Universal Mini Metro (By Dinosaur Polo Club)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Oct 17, 2016.

1. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    This is the game's way of letting you move trains and lines without magically teleporting passengers.

If you move a train that has passengers on it, the train will continue to the next station, drop the passengers off, then switch to the new line where you dropped it. The different colour you noticed is the "ghost train" to indicate where it's going to jump to when it's ready.

You can see the same effect more obviously if you move a part of a line while a train is on it, as the old line turns darker until that train has made it to the next station, then everything vanishes and the new line takes over.

This does mean you need to pick carefully when you need to move things in an emergency, because it's not just about finding any train, but any train that's either empty or close to a station, so it can get to the overflowing station quicker.

2. MoHeyNow

MoHeyNow Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Is this endless play? Can you actually reach an end or does it just keep going until you finally get overcrowded at a station?

3. philodygmn

philodygmn Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Yes. Also, although it is procedural, each city has its districts and a scripted sequence of significant milestones. Procedural to me just amounts to frustration over wasted runs b/c the wrong upgrades were offered at the wrong time for how the most efficient lines lay for the particular positions and extemporaneous station identities in a given run. Had I known it would play like an IAP-free freemium, I'd probably have abstained, TBH.

4. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Honestly, it sounds like you purchased the game with pre-conceived expectations that it would be a sim, and not the game it is. It's been out on Steam for some time, and comparing it to an IAP-free F2P game does it a disservice.

It achieves exactly what it sets out to do, next time do a little research.

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hey Appunwrapper I saw your video and in the New York level you were wondering why trains didn't pick up the square blocks, that was because you were not connected to a square station.

One more tip you can pick a line in the middle and connect it to a station, the game is great fun but you have to figure lots of stuff out on your own, but that is why I like it so much.

Great video as always, keep it up.

6. kapsberger

kapsberger Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Melbourne Hook Turn achievement?

Anybody else try and/or have trouble with the Hook Turn achievement (1000 passengers in Melbourne and at least one station has all lines go through it)? I've done it twice, once with well over 2000 passengers, but no achievement is registered. Maybe I'm fundamentally misunderstanding the challenge and/or English? Or a bug?

7. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Also can someone tell me, do you HAVE to go the shortest distance between to points ? There is a circle and triangle kind of next to each other but in the middle is a river, can go around the river as to not use a tunnel but it MAKEs me take straight path through the river.... So no matter what you can only connect two points right ? Not actually design the path ?

8. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Not really; you sometimes get a slightly different route when re-routing but not by much.

9. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Got a new highscore on the London Metro 2051 wowsie ha ha, I am now number 3158 on that leaderboard.

10. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Are they not going to update this game at all ?

So what's the easiest way to delete a whole track

11. Tucker

Tucker Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I stopped playing because of the randomness of the stations that popped up. Anyway, to delete a track I'd pause the game first. Find the little "T" end and touch and hold when the track highlights. While holding, move your finger to the nearest station and you will see it deselect that station, and continue holding as you follow the track backward through each station until all that's left is the "T", don't think you get rid of that, but you can place the same color line wherever after that. (It will look like the line is still there - faded - because the trains have to finish their run, then disappear).

Would've been nice to just click the color track and have an option to do that, wouldn't it?

12. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I have now more than 1000 passengers on all cities except Auckland, loving the game more and more and would even say one of the best games evah ha ha.

13. graison

graison Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Updated on Dec. 16 but not really sure what the "adjustments" are.

14. Ha I just saw this. I guess my issue is that people are waiting for a train when they know there's no way to get to their destination from that stop? It's not logical. :p

15. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
  16. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    Addictive
    Cool Gameplay
    Awesome game to shorten some free time while you are waiting bus or tram ...

5 star rating here...

17. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Although I'm a big railway and metro fanatic using metro and trains almost every day (even owning a model railroad), and despite being iOS gamer since day one (owning more than 8,000 iOS games) I didn't get the hang of this game Mini Metro. There should be some tutorial.

Can't recommend, sorry. Maybe I'll read the new TA review (when I got some spare time) and change my opinion then. But in this state I'm always dying in a short time not even knowing what I could do against that. Frustrating. Wasted money on my partÂ…

18. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I like it but admit it's more an abstract high score chasing puzzler than any "realistic" portrayal of a metro system.

19. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I think the daily challenges must show your position on the leaderboard compared to how many played in total, otherwise it's quite meaningless.

20. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Mini Metro is fantabulous.