Universal Mini Metro (By Dinosaur Polo Club)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Oct 17, 2016.

1. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #61 mzinn, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Great idea that most players would understand without having to explain. Heck. You could place an X in the middle of the dashed line if you felt you needed something for confirmation. Touch it & that line is removed.

Really looking forward to the update with a delete the entire line feature. I'd rather dump it all at once than have to manually do it. This is where I end up losing most games. While I'm trying to reconstruct, something else is being neglected. This feature would allow me to adjust & keep a good game going.

Nevertheless this is a serious blast. Hard to put down.

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    To clarify I do pause and zoom in (or vice versa) before I edit the line and move the locomotive. Instruction/help should have been somewhere in the game, but I figure these out myself -- but may be I am using iPad Mini 2 the screen is too small to work better. I am looking forward to big iPad Pro revamp... :)

3. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #63 MetaGonzo, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    How about touching the coloured line circle to select?
    If you wanted to delete the whole line you could swipe the line circle off the screen to the right, it then pops back with an X in the circle which you touch to delete.
    Built in confirmation to delete and it would be in keeping with iOS style.

4. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    +1 good stuff

5. BroonBottle

BroonBottle Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I'm slightly ashamed to say that I've been playing for 4 days and only after reading this thread realised that you even could pause the game and move stuff around while paused *embarassed smiley* Other than that I'd say I've got used to the controls and can move stuff around fairly reliably. Really enjoying the game

6. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I live near DC and am constantly traveling via bus or train and I have to say, they must have played this game because I swear the metro system in DC is just as chaotic and nonsensical as this game play is LoL.

Great game!

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Took me a few days play to cotton on to that as well....

8. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    I can't see to move any carriages or locomotives between lines. I select it (either live or paused) and move it to the new line. It comes over, sits on the new line and turns a new colour and then nothing happens. Am I missing something?

9. philodygmn

philodygmn Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Evidently you're missing the patience to unpause and see that after a minor delay penalty they activate on that line.

I wish cars could be slidden along a line rather than dropped just once, to combat the touchscreen's imprecision.

10. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #70 GregB, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    Daily Challenge

Am wondering why the Daily Challenge isn't available sometimes, especially it seems in the first hours after it starts. I can usually play it once, then it is grayed out for hours. Is it supposed to work this way?

Brilliant game by the way. Love it and if this had been a launch title with the iPad, I bet people would've bought an iPad just to play this game.

11. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Nope. I have the patience, I waited kept trying it and it just didn't work at all.
    Finished that game tried it again on a new game and it worked perfectly every time doing exactly what I was doing the first time round so not sure if I found a bug or something

12. kaywib

kaywib Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Just purchased the game. Played 1 hour. Really enjoying it so far. Would have liked a better guide on how to reroute a line. But figured it out after a while. Great work by the developers!!!

13. Mike Wagstaff

Mike Wagstaff Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Awesome game!

14. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    I'm still kind of iffy on the mechanics. The tutorial isn't really all that helpful.

Random questions:

-What does it mean when a station changes shape from a circle, square, or triangle to like a plus or one of the other shapes that pop up?

-What's the difference between a train and another transit car?

-So the interchange stations speed up drop-off/pick-up?

At first I kind of regretted not getting Concrete Jungle, but I kept playing and feel like this will end up having much more replayability. Plus it kind of reminds me of Eufloria, which was one of my first iOS games.

15. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I've been trying to decide if I would like this game or not. The concept is very interesting to me... seems like the steam version has more modes?

16. Joycastle

Joycastle Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Awesome game

Been play this game for 3 days now, totally worth the 4 bucks, but do wish the tutorial in the beginning can explain the rules clear :)

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    - it's just how the unique stations appear, another station has to turn into them. e.g. if it turns into a cross now only cross passengers will want to go there.

- the carriages have to be attached to a train, so if you want something you can put on a new route then chose the train.

- yes and it has higher capacity i.e. more people can wait there without ending the game.

18. the2ndc0m1ng

the2ndc0m1ng New Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Great game. Very addictive and worth the $$$. Thanks devs for a super cool game.

19. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just got a score of 763 in London, it's no were near the top but it's okay for me.

I like this game more on my Ipad Pro than I did on my Imac, on Imac I thought naaah not for me, but I gave it a second chance and loving it now, it's great when you discover new strategies and so on, and it's great playing the game on a stand so you got your hands free.

20. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    You blew my mind on trains/carriages. For some reason I thought they were both separate vehicles like a train is faster and the other one is a bit slower, like a trolley car or something. I guess my status as a suburbanite living in a land of sprawl is showing quite a bit. :)

Also didn't realize that the depot increases load capacity before causing a game over.

Thanks for clarifying these points for me. Next time I play I should be able to do much better now that I won't be just flailing in the dark.