Universal Minesweeper Genius (by Mother Gaia Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 17, 2018.

1. Felipe MGaia

Felipe MGaia Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Oh and last but not least... thank you all for the kind words! :)

The game is having a great reception by almost everyone, we weren't expecting so much love for our little game.

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #42 y2kmp3, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Thank you for the detailed explanation, Felipe MGaia.

Just to clarify more, when you refer to "safe" tile, is a special tile (like an arrow tile) considered a "safe" tile? Or are you referring only to previously veiled tile (which I presume)?

It is very interesting to know the intended constraint about the "1 and only 1 safe tile" rule. Until I read your post, I was not certain of it (though I suspected it). This is an important admission, as I have been solving the levels WITHOUT using this constraint. That is, even after finding a safe tile, I would leverage other clues from the board to "conclusively" prove that any veiled tiles that have not been uncovered to be safe tiles are actually bomb tiles. Solving it this way is FAR MORE INTENSIVE, as it frequently requires mapping out on paper different scenarios of tile assignments and then checking for inconsistency to rule out incorrect ones.

Knowing this "1 and only 1 safe tile" rule", the search is now much more simplified. In hindsight, I think that I was overthinking and over-complicated the intended game mechanics.

3. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Thank you for taking the time to answer. This is only one data point, but having landscape is the difference between buying the game or not for me. I’d be perfectly happy with the “easy” version, though, as I wouldn’t be switching back and forth.

4. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Finally finished.

I think towards the end it was maybe completionism that was driving me rather than the joy of it but it’s satisfying.

Good game; recommended.

5. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    If you like simple & neat puzzle games, pay attention to this game. The cute graphics & attractive music are added, so it is easy for anyone to play this game. It is the most interesting of the recent minesweepers. :>

Localization to 9 languages: EN, FR, IT, DE, ES, PT, RU, ZH, JA

*Minesweeper Genius (by Mother Gaia Studio)
    App Store : https://apple.co/2IriIiZ
    Google Play : https://bit.ly/2IU0GW2

6. Felipe MGaia

Aug 7, 2013
    Hey peeps,

Just letting you know that we'll have a Xmas sale, 50% off, from Dec 20th to Jan 3rd. If you were thinking about grabbing it, just wait a bit more! :D

Cheers and happy holidays everyone!

djstout likes this.
  7. gamecoder

gamecoder Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    USA
    Great game for anyone who hasn’t picked it up yet.

I’ve already beaten all the levels, would love to see more maybe with some new mechanics.

8. Felipe MGaia

Aug 7, 2013
    It's on, everyone!
    Minesweeper Genius for .99 until next year.

And about this:

The news I have is that we'll be releasing the game on the Switch and other consoles Q1 next year, and it comes with a new "Custom Level" mode where you can just set your configs (grid size, number of bombs, number of specials...) and generate a random level for you to beat. Kinda like classic Minesweeper. Not sure when yet, but some time later we'll update the mobile game with this feature, too.

MetaGonzo and gamecoder like this.
  9. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Random level generator? Oh yes please!

Not really a console game for me but this would mean it never left my phone.