Universal Mines of Mars Zero (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I had this game on my to buy list since it first came up (not a fan of the brick destroying games but I like the setting) so this gave me the opportunity to try it...and I'm liking a lot the atmosphere (I assume there is some sort of story down there) even if I find the brick breaking thing super slow and not my thing.

But before I buy the full version (the other one)...how the hell am I supposed to craft items?
    I must be dumb....I have the items required (blue check) but no button to press...nothing....
    Also, at least on iPad Air, the text is misaligned in the craft session. (description and requirements are overlapped...not sure if there is supposed to be a button).

Thanks!

2. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    #22 CalinR, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Ditto to both complaints. Not sure why there's no craft button, text is screwed up on ipad3. I'm going to go read the thread for the paid game but this sort of killed it for me...

I assume this has to be either a bug or the least intuitive tactile input method ever, can't find anything on the other forums. I've swiped and pushed everything I could.

Oh man, and it doesn't auto save on app exit. Sorry crescent moon, y'all almost had me...

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY

Can you send me a screenshot? We got rid of auto save because it was causing save data loss.

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    If you meant the crafting thing....this is what I see, no idea on how to do it.

[​IMG]

5. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ya, seems your scaling is a bit off.

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    crap - retina iPad - update coming...

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    So there is a missing button to craft?
    Or is it just the text?
    If so...how am I supposed to craft that damn pick?

To be honest I'm still interested in the game (the full no ads one) but if this was supposed to let people try and decide...this isn't working really well, especially for a showcase of a not so recent game now.

8. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    which iPad is that?

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Ipad Air, last OS (9.something).

10. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I have same issue and same device.

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I'll try on iPhone 6 if there is the same problem....I'm now damn curious about that pick...hoping it speeds up a bit the picking thing.

12. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    K I'm going to send out a build to see if someone with an iPad Air and iOS 9 can try it.

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks for looking into this.

As I re read my messages, I didn't want to sound that harsh (was on iPhone in hurry)...but I was all set up to buy the premium version when that happened and my hype was vanished! :)
    So I wanted to let you know asap thinking this version was meant to renew the franchise, having people buy the premium one and looking forwards the next just announced game.

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Crescent is the best developer. Literally my top five favorite game. They have made me like almost every genre because of the spin they put on them

15. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    #35 CalinR, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Josh, thanks for the answer. I'm not seeing a craft button either on an iPad 3, OS 9.0.2. I've bought games from y'all before, I'm happy with the company, and while I hope you don't perceive this as rude, this looked like a terraria-lite when it came out, which is actually better for my schedule now than when it was released, but I didn't want less of the same game without being sure of the purchase. I'm old school and appreciate demos conceptually, so when I saw one came out I gave it a try. I'm especially appreciative of good customer service, and I remember seeing your posts now in the shadowlands thread I think, so I'm deff willing to give this one a go. Now it makes sense why the company name sounded familiar.

The auto save isn't a huge thing, nor is the text which is the same as the pics, I've talked to other devs who indicated Retina display does that frequently. But not having a craft button was a bit of an issue to successfully trying the game. As an aside, which version do y'all make more on this or the premium? I'd prefer to buy the latter since it costs more and y'all make good games, but I'd still like to try it. Without being able to craft anything, I can't judge the replay value.

16. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    IPad mini 2 ios 8.1.2 has the same scaling problem too.

17. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Exactly same here. iPad mini 2, 8.1.2

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    found the issue an we will be submitting a fix shortly!

19. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    You are amazing!