iPad Mines In Space

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ITrocks, Nov 16, 2008.

1. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
  2. BananaBob

BananaBob New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Nice one. Been looking for a decent version of Minesweeper for ages. The other modes are ace as well. This is a totally wicked version and damn, I love the music........!

3. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I kind of like it too. :)

4. HigeFive

HigeFive Active Member

Nov 29, 2008
  5. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    By far the best minesweeper app in the app store

6. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Yesterday Mines from Noah Witherspoon (sp?) arrived at the store. It'S a classic Minsweeper game, it's free and it's one of the best Miniessweeper-clones on the Appstore (previously available on jailbroken devices). The interface is great. It just feels right. The graphic speed/framerate has no problems (most other "classic" Minesweeper games have severe problems drawing the screen). I waited months for that :).

Of course it does not have the eye-candy of Mines in Space, but it launches fast, feels right on the iPhone and it's free ;).

7. HigeFive

HigeFive Active Member

Nov 29, 2008
    #7 HigeFive, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
    Xmas Special

We've just dropped the price of Mines in Space for the holiday, grab it while it's on discount!

Mines in Space - App Store

Update coming very soon with 'Flag Lock Mode' included.....

And if you liked the game support us in the best game port for the iPhone 2008!
    http://bestappever.com/c/gprt

8. Whitecloak

Whitecloak Active Member

Nov 4, 2008
    I never played Minesweeper in my life.

I was curious so I picked this game up a week ago or so.

Absolutely fantastic, almost made it to expert mode.

Massively addicting, stable never crashes, achievements to earn, different play variations... This game is staying on my iphone for a loooong time!

9. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Hey, wow... Quite coincedentally, I was thinking about this game this very evening, wondering whether to buy it or not. Good thing thing I didn't buy it then. I decided to hold out for a price drop! :)
    What was its price before? (in Pounds)

Also coincedentally, watching your YouTube video, the one thing I thought the game needed was some kind of "flag lock mode".

Have you been reading my mind or something? ;-)

10. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    The price before was £1.79 now £1.19 / $2.99 now $1.99.

11. neptune

neptune Member

Nov 4, 2008
    I got this on the day it came out and still play it every day The achievements give goals to always work towards and the new play modes are even better than the classic mode, especially imposter. I do wish it didn't suck so much battery life though, it seems to take more power than games like Fieldrunners.

12. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Thanks for the info. I did have a look on www.appshopper.com for the price-change when the price drop was announced here, but when I checked the site the info hadn't filtered through yet at that time...

13. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Great game

I only just got around to playing Mines in Space. It's been "sitting" in a mountain of apps I've purchased and never used. It's a great game. I thought that no-one could do anything really exciting with a minesweeper game. I couldn't have been more wrong. The asthetics of the game are excellent. There is more than one type of game. These are different variations of the minesweeper genre. My favourite is the Imposter game where you have a revealed board with all the numbers already on it. They show how many asteroids there are on the adjacent tiles. Hidden on the board are some imposters. They are the aliens who are disguised as asteroids. You have to determine which asteroids are the imposters. All within a time limit. There is an achievments based system where you earn XP and this unlocks different levels of the games and special "awards". This is a very polished all round game. Heaps of fun and I highly recommend it.

14. Kyoshin

Kyoshin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Student
    Belgium, Maasmechelen
    lol didn't know the app, I've just installed and couple of minutes playing and I still like it ! xD This one is a recommender if you like minesweeper.

15. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    This one is a MUST BUY for minesweeper fans.

Not only does it include several puzzles but also trophies awards for players who can accomplished a certain target.

I had bought several paid minesweeper game, iMineSweeper and they can't beat this game. Beautiful graphics and futuristic BGM and sound effect really does make this game look GREAT. :D

16. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Mines in Space lite version

I noticed that there is now a free lite version available.

AppShopper.com link: Click here
    App Store link: Click here

17. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I've been keeping a close eye on this game ever since it came out, but didn't want to buy it because I knew I wasn't good at the classic computer minnesweeper so I hesitated to buy this, but I keep getting tempted by the polished screens which are really nice to look at. Now that there is so much feedback from alot of people here it gave me that little nudge to get me to buy this game so I'll be picking it up now and I'll post my thougts later.

18. kyllin

kyllin Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Pause Screen

I like the game alot, but I think the playfield should be turned off or hidden better during pause so I can't cheat the timer. Great game though. Later.

19. HigeFive

HigeFive Active Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Update with this added coming to an iPhone near you soon...

20. HigeFive

HigeFive Active Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Update and Price Drop

The update is now live:

A new icon
    Pause screen game fade
    Improve your Classic game times as now you don't need to place flags

We've also gone a little crazy and drop the price by 70% for a limited time! It's now only $0.99 (59p)

If you've got any suggestions for the next update drop us a email on: minesinspace@higefive.com