Minecraft

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Electric_Shaman, Sep 20, 2010.

1. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Well torches in your world will be replaced with lanterns.

2. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    #22 MystikSun, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
    YES! Fellow TA Minecrafters xD

I've been playing since October or December of last year. I must say, it's an awesome game. Survival multiplayer is fun too, but as of now you can't PvP, die, or kill animals/monsters (mobs).

In the Halloween update, there's gonna be a LOT of new content, so stay tuned for that :D Also, it's only in the alpha right now.

Right now in Alpha, it's about $14. When it get to beta (REALLY SOON) it will be $25, and when it gets to the final stage it will be the full price of $30.

3. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    #23 starjimstar, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
    Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.

[​IMG]

And it's worth every penny. But the 99ยข iPhone port is way too expensive. :rolleyes:

Note: I was only teasing. There is no iPhone port, actually. :(

4. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Oh, if only there was one :p Oh wait, there can't be, those graphics are too intensive for the iPhone!

I kinda play Minecraft here and there, never heard about it until Seananners played it and all of a sudden tons were playing. I actually set mine to Peaceful because I'm a wuss and rather build stuff, hehe.

5. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    Finished my massive bridge last night, hehe. I'm not to excited for the halloween update, torchers burn out, thats gonna ruin my caves I've been searching through. Sure, lanterns replace them, but they'll probably use iron, and then I'll have to find where my old torches were :/

6. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    For me I think it depends on how long the torches are going to last. If it's anything less than a day it'll be a pain, but at least you can relight them with flint. Plus the addition of a watch will let you keep an eye on when your torches are going to go out, once you know how long they last.

7. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
  8. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    You guys introduced me to this game, thanks!

I'm gonna go play it now...

9. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    #29 Electric_Shaman, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  10. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    Actually, there will be an iPhone/iPod/Android port. In an interview, Notch says that he's going to work on it once minecraft hits beta stage.

11. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Link?

12. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49256

"What's probably going to happen is that once the game is out of beta and the first couple of point releases have been done, I'll make a smaller game or two (quite probably an Android or iPhone game), then work on the Levers and Dungeons expansion." -Notch

Go down to "Notch's answers to an email (Aug 28, 2009)" heading.

13. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    The Halloween Update is live. Get it while it's hot. :D

[​IMG]

14. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Oh gawd, I gotta buy the game so I can update. Still have it free from the free period.

15. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

I really don't see the big attraction to Mincraft. Anyone care to tell me why people like it?

16. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Well, it's pretty open ended. The basic gameplay is to survive. You mine, you craft. But it's deadly addictive, you can make huge monuments if you want, or explore in caves or even above-ground. There's a lot to do, I recommend it! :D

17. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    possibly the same reason I spent many hours modding Morrowind using the TES: Construction Set years ago, or why I enjoy recording music now. Because it is fun to build things. :)

I am very interested in Minecraft - ever since I saw a Bioshock level remake in it. Very interesting premise for a game.

18. GCC

GCC Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Im guessing you havent played it.

When all my friends saw me playing this they all thought. "What a stupid game" or "I dont get it. Whats the point?" but when they started playing it they all came up to me an said "WHY DID YOU SHOW ME MINECRAFT IM SO ADDICTED TO IT NOW"

19. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Pretty much this. You have to play it for yourself to understand if you'll like it or not.

Just make sure you have a minecraft wiki open too or something, crafting and getting started for the first time is really confusing.

20. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009