Universal Minecraft: Story Mode (by Telltale Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hellscaretaker, Oct 15, 2015.

1. stolenlogic

stolenlogic Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    I want to give it a go but I'm broke as hell right now.

2. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I think it's $5 up front, $15 later ($20)

3. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    May I say that the logo is incredible bad

4. qman316

qman316 Member

Dec 8, 2012
    I just finished the first episode and here's my two cents: if you like the gameplay style of TT games and you know and enjoy the Minecraft universe this should be quite enjoyable for you. Typical with TT games you don't have a lot of freedom of movement, and I question the "illusion" of some of the choices impacting the story. With Minecraft being a sandbox some people might expect more freedom. The story is interesting and the characters and voice acting are excellent.
    Someone mentioned longevity and being concerned that the game would still work on the platform by the time episode 5 comes out... Seriously? I would not waste too much time worrying about that... If an iOS update breaks this game between now and then and TT doesn't fix it, I think we have much bigger problems...
    Anyhow, the bottom line is that the production value of the game is top notch, just be aware of the type of "game" this is. Some might say it's not much of a game but an interactive choose-your-own-adventure story. I happen to enjoy this style of game occasionally and love Minecraft, so for me it was an excellent way to spend $5 and two hours of time. I'll definitely play through it again and I'm certain my 4 year old would like to watch it while I AirPlay it to the big screen!

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    In the description it acts like it's compatible w tons of devices but it's not I got this for my daughter and put it on her old phone and installed fine but then when she played it no video just the audio so prolly wasted my money since its not my style of game but I do love the real minecraft.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I tried it a little this morning, and my feelings are mixed. I really love the story, the voice acting, and the look of the game. Howeever, I was very disappointed that when I had control of my Jesse character that I couldn't switch to first-person view or actually build or destroy things. I was hoping that they would allow for some level of freedom in moving and collecting things to at least give us the perception that we're playing Minecraft. But actually, so far, it's another TellTale game with a Minecraft skin and story on it. Very well-produced skin and story, but nowhere near the freedom I was hoping for. At least the story is fun so far!

7. Airpegy

Airpegy Member

Jul 11, 2015
    I just bought minecraft story mode
    I tought it would be like an rpg actions

Its just a story ive just throw 26$ in garbage why did i bought the next episodes ....

8. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Bleh. Iap... Would have bought it if there wasn't.

9. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Uhhh....this is "IAP" in its absolute most necessary and fundamental form. It's for future episodes of the game. Unless you were expecting 5 full, multi-hour episodes of a well produced game that took a lot of people a lot of time to make for 5 bucks.

10. Specter-X

Specter-X Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Absolutely agree. Telltale game production is superb. It takes alot of time to do the storyline, scripting and how your decisions from episode 1 would affect episode 5. I love them but I usually wait till around episode 3 is out before I buy so I wouldn't have to wait too long :)

11. Emerdanalan

Emerdanalan New Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 22, 2015
    Just finished this. The last telltale game I played was walking dead season 2. I love minecraft so I gave this a go. This game is definitely geared towards younger minecraft audience. It plays out like a Saturday morning cartoon. Overall, it wasn't that enjoyable to me. Also, the iPad version isn't full screen, as expected because of how they frame scenes. However, what makes it annoying is that there is an additional boarder that covers up the screen during scenes where you are not in control. This takes up even more screen real estate and distracted from my immersion. I found this unnecessary and very annoying.

12. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Anyone else having trouble connecting to their server? Whenever I turn Cloud Saving on, it takes forever to talk to their servers, and I just end up getting a message that says it can't connect and that I end up having to just play with my local save. I've got MCSM selected under my iCloud settings, I'm signed into my TT account, so it should work. But it just doesn't.

Attached Files:

13. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    I was getting that error last night trying to set up an account / cloud save, etc. After hearing about how it looks on iPad, I'm just going to play it on my iPhone instead I think. Would be nice to have a cloud save though in case I have a big lag between Episodes 1, and 2-5 (if I buy those down the road).

14. infinityking

infinityking Well-Known Member

May 2, 2015
    Isit 'pay per episode' or u get the whole story just by paying once?

15. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Pay-per-episode.

16. infinityking

infinityking Well-Known Member

May 2, 2015
    Boooooooo, thanks though

17. ForTheEmperor

ForTheEmperor Active Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Both my 7yo and I are big MCPE fans and have now have finished this first chapter. I agree it's definitely geared toward a younger audience, but that's the age of MC players do its kinda a no brainier. The story seems interesting and they really nailed the visuals, it feels a lot like your in the MC game at times. It's great to be able to share stories with my kids too, I love the Game of thrones and Walking Dead, but their just too much for young kids. I feel it's almost to the point where I'd be happy to wait for all episodes to BF out for things like this before I play, but there was no stopping the 7yo.

18. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=273202][​IMG][/thread] [thread=273258][​IMG][/thread] [thread=273257][​IMG][/thread] [thread=273195][​IMG][/thread] [thread=273197][​IMG][/thread] [thread=273242][​IMG][/thread] [thread=273200][​IMG][/thread]

Minecraft: Story Mode

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

Oct 15, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

19. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Anyone else craft anything other than a sword? The game let me craft a lever so I wonder if I would be able to use it sometimr in the game.

20. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Episode 2 is now available within the game.