Universal Minecraft: Pocket Edition (by Mojang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011.

1. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I don't think you guys understand, but I'll underline it.

There will be survival, but we are going to have to wait!

How do I know?
    They said that there wil be survival coming soon (and I think someone put the link to the web site).

2. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    First time I ever fell asleep playing a game. zzZ

You can't explain that.

3. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    Yeah thats a great line. There are going to be awesome windows powered tablets in the future as well, but I think I'll use my iPad now, rather than wait. :rolleyes:

I will never buy a game on what it might do in the future, only on what it does right now. And right now, Minecraft PE isn't worth buying, as I have Eden.

Reinstalled Eden on my phone, rather than just my iPad today, built a little house. Then set a charge in the middle, and blew the hell out of it. Great days.

4. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Cool, now I'm playing (and totally loving) Junk Jack and Eden.

Thank you, Official Minecraft thread! :D

5. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Haha me too! It's kinda funny, because I held off buying Eden and Junk Jack because I knew that there was an official Minecraft app on the way. But, now that it's here, I haven't bought this but bought Junk Jack lol.

6. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Its awfully ironic that originally the Junk Jack dev thought Minecraft would steal his games thunder but actually ended up increasing it lmao

7. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Wonder if this is going to be on sale tomorrow due to the official release of minecraft...

8. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    I don't see what's wrong with the jump button... If you simply slide your finger onto the jump button and back onto the directional button you were holding before, you jump without stopping. I find this extremely convenient, and I only use it if auto-jump fails anyways, which it rarely does.

Although, I'd still prefer a analog stick...

9. scorpionxd

scorpionxd Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Controls need to be analog obviously, jump needs to be on the right side. Nuff said

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #170 arta, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
    Looks like IGN Wireless editor Justin isn't too happy with the game.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32786083&postcount=12496

Appspy's review.

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Don't feel too bad, folks - even Notch said Junk Jack was good! (on Twitter)

12. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    What is this mess?

13. Raphie123

Raphie123 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Hope to see survival mode to come out soon, and then maybe I'll consider buying this... For now, I'm hooked on Junk Jack! So much fun!

14. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
  15. electroman12

electroman12 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Though I would include this:

I thought this was some good news: The convention also saw the unveiling of the Xbox Live version of the game and confirmation that there will be a steady stream of updates for the iOS and Android, "pocket", versions of the game.

If you want to read the full version of this article, go to this link: http://kotaku.com/minecon/

My thoughts: Minecraft is one of my favorite games, and the ability to have it in my pocket is incredible! Hopefully the updates come soon. It is very nice to have a confirmation of this, and not just rumors. :)

16. alcola

alcola Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    agent
    xiamen
  17. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    How do these graphics compare with the graphics in Eden - World Builder?
    One of the main negative things I found with Eden were the graphics, and thus I am interested to know.

18. electroman12

electroman12 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Graphics are never a big part of whether or not a game is good, but Eden's graphics were definitely not the best. I have both Minecraft PE and Eden, and after playing PC Minecraft for about a year, I have become so used to those graphics that when I played Eden, the graphics just seemed...well..."wrong." Now, after the release of Minecraft PE, the graphics just seem to welcome me. Minecraft PE's graphics are the same caliber (there are graphics settings too) as the PC version (maybe 1% worse with the water). Everything else about this game is ok, but Notch and Co. Did confirm more updates-which means more fun. Personally, I am one of those loyal Minecraft fanboys, so my opinion could be differend than yours, but I'm just tryin to help! :)

19. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I usually don't mind graphics, but the graphics of Eden, honestly made it a little less fun for me, which for me is weird to say. And so, are you saying that the graphics in Minecraft - Pocket Edition are of better quality than those in Eden?