Universal Minecraft: Pocket Edition (by Mojang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Ariectus

Ariectus Active Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Florida
    How did you get the multiplayer to work? I just put it on my iPhone 4 5.0.1 and iPad 1 and they're both on the same wifi network but when I searched for a game from one, then the other, then both at the same time, they just didn't find anything at all. I did it from within a world I'd been building in, in a newly created world I hadn't moved in yet, and the main menu, but no luck.

2. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I don't see a price drop coming up anytime soon honestly.
    Android received a free version, and maybe we can expect the same.

I think we should all be patient in terms of the updates of survival and such. Minecon has been on the team's mind for a month or so now, and once it is over and done with, we should expect updates beginning to roll in.

3. wahkiz

wahkiz Active Member

Oct 26, 2008
    :D my first creation in minecraft PE.

[​IMG]

Try to spot the interesting stuffs in this picture !

4. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Woah you guys chill out. This is Minecraft in it's earliest alpha stages, the title is even alpha! I only see the price increasing in the future, just like the computer version. I'm just going to buy it cheap now and reap the benefits of the updates. Mojang has said that they plan to bring it up to par with the PC version of the game now that PE is out for all of the platforms.

5. Ariectus

Ariectus Active Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Florida
    Whatttt, how did you get doors? Or did you just photoshop in a pocket edition ui

6. Xapped

Xapped Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    #126 Xapped, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
    Just bought it, how do I disable view bobbing?

By the way, the controls are HORRIBLE. Give me a analog stick, not a d-pad that causes me to place blocks if my finger slips off the button.

Note 2: It is too slow to destroy blocks. I don't want to spend a whole minute destroying a house or something I made.

Note 3: I suggest you don't buy it, because the controls are extremely horrible. EDEN is better.

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

8. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    It doesn't look that bad from that video.....

9. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I was in a game and my brother just joined me through the same network. Both have ios 5.

Obvious photoshop is obvious.

10. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    So basically you have all blocks and can just create whatever the hell you want? If its like that then I'll definitely buy!! That sounds amazing

11. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    You dont have any doors at your disposal as it seems, which sucks. The video shows that it does at least feature more different block styles than Eden though.

12. BlindingLights

BlindingLights Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2011
  13. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I think they rushed it for MineCon.

14. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    I don't see why all the hate on the controls. I find they work pretty well but I find the jump button almost impossible to use. I like how the delete button hold works but I Would like it a little faster to engage. Game is great for what it is. It's easy to build and fun. It is very watered down like we all have said but that will change in updates. The game needs alot more blocks as well. Still fun though.

15. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    $6.99? I'll wait for a sale.

16. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011

:rolleyes:

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You know that if you approach a 1 block high step you'll jump automatically right? You don't really need to use the jump button much, if ever.

18. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    What's the "seed" section when you start a new game? They say to leave it blank for a random seed, no sure what that mean. Also why is everyone saying it's 8 dollars? I paid 7$, here in Canada.

19. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Let's say you put in MrSpud for the seed, you'll get a world with mountains and whatnot, like every other world. If you like that seed, you can put in MrSpud to create the same world.

20. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Yup. The auto-jump is pretty good here (much better than SteinKraft's floaty auto-jump) and if the jump button was flat out gone, I wouldn't miss it. I wish they could move it to the other bottom corner.

At first I hated how items switched positions as you chose them, but then I realized that no matter what block you have selected, you can jump into the menu and quickly tap three items and DING! you've replaced your active inventory.

Doors would be a great addition, and I can't wait until you can place water (which doesn't animate, but "flows" like it did in the old days...)

A pleasant surprise is half blocks and stairs, that work correctly (i.e. you can walk up them) which I don't think any other Minecraft clone on iOS has.

Can't wait to multiplay with this.