Universal Minecraft: Pocket Edition (by Mojang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    This is the first time I have ever made this remark and I say this with some remorse;

This is NOT worth the $7.99 USD asking price.

Eden is pretty similar and has the architecture only mode like this official Minecraft game, but its far less expensive.

I wanted Minecraft for the monsters and animals and the like, not just for a building mode.

*cringe*

I am prepared to be hated :(

2. Surfheart

Surfheart Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Australia
    Buyers remorse on this one :(

$8 for just creation, that's a ripoff. I'm fine without the survival mode, I knew that before I bought it, but no crafting? that's a huge blow.

3. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I'm fine with $8. In my opinion, it should be $12. They will add survival soon. Because they are for the android version.

4. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Yes, they will add more content. But they never said survival. But I'd wait for more content even if they did promise it.

5. theLorax

theLorax Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Why should it be $12? I bought the full version for $10.

6. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    No crafting??? WTF...

I am totally addicted to Junk Jack right now, and I was looking forward to playing it and Minecraft also...but no creeps? No crafting?? I don't get it. How long could it possibly hold your attention if it's just building..?

7. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I hate to be one of those people...but...

Get Junk Jack. It's SO much fun, and extremely well thought out.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/junk-jack/id436555490?mt=8

To be clear, I'm not saying get it instead of Minecraft pocket. I just think Junk Jack is a really fantastic holdover until Minecraft for iOS is, er, more full-featured... :/

8. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Yes, they said survival on the Android market description.

9. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Honestly, I think Eden is better for building.
    I won't be getting this.

The game is overrated too...I didn't find it to be that fun. (Mac version)

10. IDABRO

IDABRO Active Member

Nov 4, 2011
    #90 IDABRO, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
    If this game is exactly like creative mode on the PC, I'm sold. For one, I love Eden, but I only love Eden because it looks like Minecraft. Now I can actually play a legit version of Minecraft! The second reason I'm buying this is because I saw some Gameplay of this and it clearly says "Alpha version 0.1" or something. That means updates are soon to come, like multiplayer creative mode. I know that survival mode and crafting are fun, but for only $8 (which is really cheap) I am fine with the promise of multiplayer for creative mode on different servers. The only request I make for that is a chatbox and mod tools. I will be OBSESSED with this game!

11. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I'll get it but I'll probably stick to playing Crafted for the time being.

12. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Because I bought NBA jam and many other games for $13, and I ended up deleting them.

13. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

If you are thinking that a new update will not add a survival mode, you are wrong.
    What else can they update other than more blocks?

You can't add mobs/animals without crafting.

14. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    They could add redstone and stuff.

15. Ariectus

Ariectus Active Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Florida
    I think most people will be happy if they just include all the items/crafting. I would hate to try and take on some zombies/creepers with touch controls, although I'm sure its doable, especially with some armor.

If they make sure to add doors, redstone, paintings, switches and all the other items then this will be one of the best mobile games ever, especially if they add the ability to port in your save file from the desktop versions.

The ability to port in saves and have all the items would also be awesome so you can play adventure maps people create, and would be such a blast with the local multiplayer.

16. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    glad i jumped in here to read some reviews before splashing some cash on this. sounds like a really rushed job to get this out and make a bit of coin.

no crafting is pretty pointless, thats despite the fact i kinda would enjoy free roam building without hassle. that should be an optional feature not standard.

bad strategy to release without some more mc type features, the appstore reviews will pan it for being 'incomplete' and just tarnish a superb franchise.

17. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Yeah, they definitely rushed it to add some more press/eyes towards minecon/release of minecraft 1.0

18. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I think I too may wait. Stick with Junk Jack for the time being. I'm tired of buyers remorse.

Maybe the lack of some things will turn people onto JJ

19. scorpionxd

scorpionxd Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Its called Minecraft Pocket Edition for a reason...and it wasn't rushed...They could of ported this 1 year ago, exact same thing, iphone 4...but they didn't...

20. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    You can add so many things in Junk Jack. Doors, chests, find biomes, mobs, loads.

For the platform, Junk Jack does it all for me and then some. It was exactly the kind of game I was hoping for, so as much as I THOUGHT I wanted Minecraft, now I have what I believe is better!

So for this kind of money I would rather spend more play the actual Minecraft, not what appears a watered down, let's at least get it to the platform before the hype wears off game. Maybe this would be good on the iPad, it just seems so small on a small screen honestly.