Universal Minecraft: Pocket Edition (by Mojang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011.

1. bgiese5000

bgiese5000 Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Yep. Same problem with mine

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Anyone try the 0.11.1 update?

Still crashing? :confused:

3. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    I'd like to know if anyone has successfully joined an iOS game via wifi from an android tablet. My son and I played a lot together -- he on an old kindle and I on my iPad -- and now he can't see any worlds I'm in, either new or old. He's 5 years old, and buying him an iPad isn't happening...any other suggestions?

4. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    Yes still crashing. There is a thread on the support but they don't answer

5. AL3X83

AL3X83 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #705 AL3X83, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    My friend and I have no issues connecting to each other and we're both running minecraft pe v0.11.1. I have tested this on LAN and externally over the Internet, both work fine for me with no issues or crashes. I have also tested changing my name several times and also changing my skin several times with no issues or crashes. I'm currently on a iPhone 6 running iOS 8.2 and my friend is on a Samsung Galaxy tab 4 running KitKat 4.4.2 to answer your question about joining a game using a android tablet. You stated your son has a kindle though and as far as I remember kindles run on a fork of android operating system and not an actual android operating system as these devices are produced by Amazon not Google and I can not test this issue on these devices so I do not know if there is an actual difference regarding your question with these devices. All I can think of to suggest to you at this point is to reboot both your devices, (turn off completely then turn it back on). Then make sure you changed your name from the default name Stevie and make sure both players names are different. If both players never changed their name under the options in minecraft pe and both ppl still have the default name Stevie it could cause problems like a invalid name error or a crash.

6. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Thank you Al3x, tried all of that, still no luck.

7. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I've never played minecraft and am thinking about getting the iOS version. I'm trying to understand if I can download other minecraft user created worlds? If so I'll likely get this since that seems cool. If not I'm not so sure since I'm not sure if I'll have the time to create all the worlds etc...

8. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    You can join other people's worlds if they are on your local network. I believe there's another app that lets you join others over the Internet. But you can't download other people's worlds.

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #709 drelbs, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    There's Ultimate Multiplayer for Minecraft and Plug Pocket Edition that will allow you to connect to other people's worlds online.

EDIT: You don't keep a copy of the world if you are playing on someone's server.

http://mcpeuniverse.com/ has lots of maps you can download and put in the app yourself if you want.

10. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Sorry for my dumb newbie questions. So if own the game and DL a map to the game It will be in my game. If it is being played on a different server it is not on my game but being played online.

11. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Still waiting on the apple update which is taking forever!! I have already played the update on my Amazon fire tv the update came Saturday. Keep in mind I have never played it on PC or console and I have to say this update changes everything. I only thought I had played minecraft until now! This update is so awesome but I would rather play it on mobile so here's to hoping it comes today since todays the day it's supposed to go through. More new stuff than I expected.

12. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Have they added the option to use the crafting grid in the pocket edition or is it still only autobuild from a list?

13. LethalX08

LethalX08 Active Member

Apr 16, 2015
    United Kingdom
    0.12.1 is out !

14. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Hello guys first time Minecraft player here. Bought the game today because the update seemed to really bring a lot of cool stuff to the game including controller support. I'm using the mad catz C.T.R.L.i, so I was wondering why I can't move forward and look around at the same time? I'm just wondering if this is a minecraft specific thing or is it my controller or a bug in the update? I know the updates been out all of a few hours but any help or info would be awesome.
    -thanks

15. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    With the new update in creative, all the weather effects cut through all my buildings, so it looks like it's raining and snowing inside. Anybody else have this issue?

16. DeathScythe

DeathScythe Member

Aug 10, 2015
    It's a minor bug I guess, am having the same problem.

Tip tho move first then look around, if you try to look then move it won't turn will moving.

17. riChchestMat

riChchestMat Well-Known Member

Also getting very dodgy turning controls on the right stick with a Steelseries Straus

18. JJE

JJE Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Artist
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Played about four hours last night
    Some things feel a bit off
    Climbing up blocks is significantly slower while going down blocks is unchanged
    Mobs do not appear to be dropping basic items when killed. Eg: rotten flesh and feathers from zombies, arrows and bones from skeletons.
    Anyone else notice this?

19. GMDbluetoad

GMDbluetoad Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Hey guys, I play minecraft too, I'm just stopping by to say hi, I'm a big fan if the Geometry Dash (By RobTopGames) forum, I just really enjoy minecraft and want to wish you all good luck in your blocky world! :D

20. Dueler

Dueler Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2012
    13.0 Update is live on AU AppStore.