Universal Minecraft: Pocket Edition (by Mojang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I just.... I just don't get why this game is considered fun. I get the creativity portion of it... that's cool... but... what the hell is this.

2. finefin

finefin Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    programmer, designer
    Berlin
    I can't tell if I'm more excited about the iOS version or the final release that will be available this weekend... !!!!

3. twick

twick Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Boo... creative mode is kind of boring. I love building but the gathering resources and survival aspect is so much more fun. Add Survival mode and I'll be on board :(

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's obviously just a mentality thing. I find the resource gathering by far the most boring part of Minecraft. Standing there for ages hitting blocks but not actually getting anything really interesting out of it just doesn't do it for me... it's when the blocks start being placed in impressive and attractive positions that the game really comes alive.

5. Bawls

Bawls Active Member

Sep 18, 2011
    is it any good?

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    If you have a creative mind, yes. Minecraft can be very fun seeing your world come to life.

7. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Still not available here!

8. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    quite interesting, why if it is all about creativity there is no something like a spectating mode in such games, where you can just fly around and do the stuff you want and then switch to normal mode. i have bought eden but it's just so boring and annoying building some complex constructions, because you always need some ladders or similar stuff.

9. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

The game is 7 dollars. Look at the Android App Store.

10. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    shut up foozelz and go back to your cell.

11. Ariectus

Ariectus Active Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Florida
    Exactly how I feel, I'm always depressed when I start a new server and have to go mining again before I can start making awesome stuff, but survival multiplayer is the only way to play, since creative doesn't have all the goodies like redstone and paintings and doors to share with people. I also love making massive puzzle-like fight spires to get everyone on the server together and have fun lol.

Does anyone know if this pocket edition will have that ladder/door/painting stuff? Also, is it possible to load your minecraft save into this and play your world? I've got a pretty extensive treehouse-fortress-maze-haunted mansion structure going on right now and it'd be great to mess with it or show it to people on the go.

12. sivyan

sivyan Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Germany
    Thanks for saving our day, Captain Obvious!

13. Foozelz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOUR POST IS HILARIOUS
    fo real dawg. You are a true comedian.

14. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    I liked it and thought his post funny. I'd watch his stand-up in a heartbeat.

15. Foozelz

I'm thinking it's going to be hard to play on an iPhone or iPod.

16. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    I was thinking that too especially once they have enemies to kill. Eden is kind of annoying on small screen so I'm sure minecraft will be too, but I'll put up with it being a huge fan and all.

17. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Is it possible to add doors in this? I´m really missing this feature in Eden.

18. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

I played this on my friends Android today and was seriously underwhelmed by the experience. It is extremely difficult to manuever around the world because of the controls and the improperely placed jump button. Does it have reposistionable controls?

19. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Darn I'm going to be 2 dollars short. Wonder when I'm going to get a itunes card. Was really suprised by the file size... 2.9mb

20. Keyeszx

Keyeszx Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Devoid of animals and creepers means it might as well be one of those fake minecraft games. I don't think it's worth the $8 if it isn't the full minecraft experience. I was going to have so much fun when I saw this. Then I saw no creepers or animals. What am I supposed to run from?