Universal Mindustry (by Anton Kramskoi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by achilles1984, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Impossible levels happen?

Situation just now: start with no silicon. Wave incoming. Need to set up graphite and sand miners, build a silicon furnace, to get turrets going.

First wave arrives when I have 0 turrets. 3 tanks, destroy everything i build.

I can’t see how this was winnable. Even building berwhatsit walls, I can’t repair them as fast as 3 tanks can destroy them.

2. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    And repeat. I can’t build anything more than this, which is defenceless. Perhaps my thumb is triggering the first wave at the same point each time?! I don’t think so. Frustrating. Would benefit from a “surrender” button because there’s no point pushing on once this begins.
    E8E61D89-199C-4FA2-84F3-0504E7BDCCCA.jpeg

3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Shit, this game is brutal. No hesitation about wiping out an hour of solid building. Back to go, do not collect £200.

On the bright side, remnants of my last attempt will be there.

sebgo likes this.
  4. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Which level are you on? I see your screenshot is from the new planet. How much have you played? Have you played any of the original planet?

Also, this might be old news to you but do you know that you can plan building whilst paused? When you unpause the drone places the queued items.

It does get very hard but not in the early days.

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Yeah, most of my early game was new planet. I’ve now switched back bc I could find zero guides and could not work how to eg use the tank upgrader.

My uncompletable problem was incompetence, I assume I was hitting the identical play button for “next wave” about 3mm diagonally below the identical play button for pause, on one of the multiple pause / unpause cycles in early game.

sebgo likes this.
  6. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Ok GOTY this is incredible.

Up to Outgrowth, which took three attempts, problems with my unit building approach.

Just superb. The constant difficulty level / curve is superbly engineered. I have been a big fan of early pyratite mixers then walking turrets forward, part of the reason I was failing on outgrowth. Reading up the many online strategy guides has been informative.

Stunning game, unbelievable depth. Suspect this is the most hours I’ve put into anything this year.

sebgo and Son of Anarchy like this.