Mind Wave?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by CloneWars, Dec 20, 2008.

1. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008

Thanks for the links.
    There is now an app (called AmbiScience) that does the isochronic tones now (it is suppose to work together with the provided audio tracks).

iTunes link:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300108404&mt=8

They also have a lite version:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300109041&mt=8

I am very curious as to the effect of this and whether or not isochronic tones actually work. In the sense that it works like Binaural beats? I have the mind Wave app but it isn't as effective as I hoped it be. Maybe I'll try it again but since most of the time I don't want to be wearing headphones its usefulness is not so great for me.

2. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    binaural HAS to be listened to with headphones.

can be some crazy stuff....I didn't like it.

3. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Yeah the headphones get really annoying, esp. when your sleeping. Grrr...

4. jwbrent

jwbrent Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    I bought Attractor and like it better than Entrainment. There are presets for your favorite programs as well as the ability to record affirmations. The user interface is much cleaner as well.

I went ahead and downloaded AmbiScience and will let everyone know how that one is...

5. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    I did the same thing (ambiscience)
    Well after at least playing with it for several hours I have found that it does do its job. I am not sure how effective it really is (was using the focus and relax ones) since I was having a lot of interruptions during the night... Been studying all night non stop pretty much. Feeling energized.

The other things:

-Audio tracks: Very nice. Crystal clear and perfectly looped, every single track.
    -Interface: Fast, looks better than average, works well.
    -2.2 compatibility: Keeps playing during sleep.

Overall it's a keeper for me~

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ok, some of these post belong in the L.Ron Hubbard Scientology spiritual experiences file, but seriously I'm working toward my Toucharcade gold badge so could we take this to another forum. Oh wait... What was your high score, that's good Mr. Cayce.

7. jwbrent

jwbrent Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    Well, as I'm writing this, I'm listening to "A Visit to Olympus Mons" and have the Relax setting turned on. Great ambient music with high quality sound. The app is elegant and simple and since it focuses on isochronic tones rather than binaural beats like Attractor, this one is a keeper. Highly recommended if you like ambient music.

8. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    I just downloaded Mind Wave 2 so I thought I'd post some impressions.

I was dead tired last night and I used the sleep soundtrack. When I woke up 2 hrs later to pee, I didnt have any head pain like I did when I went to sleep. I also fell asleep faster. After my whiz, I was thinking constantly like I do before I sleep and I noticed the sleep track kept breaking up my thoughts, like it didnt want me to think, which was actually kinda refreshing. When I woke up today I wasnt as tired as usual. I didnt sleep through the whole night though. Just till my usual of like 4am, when I wake up to pee, then sleep again till 6.

Right now I am listening to the one that relieves anxiety. I feel less anxious, I havent thought about what was making me anxious, and idk if its the beats or just listening to music. Idk really, but I think its working. I may try the energy one soon. (or maybe I should learn a normal sleep cycle, lol, idk...)