GameClub Mikey Shorts (by BeaverTap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 22, 2012.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    No effin way.!!!!!!

=oO

2. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Fantastic guys!

Mike, I'd love to be able to join your testing group if you can fit another one in. Wish you guys all the best :)

3. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    We will keep you in mind. Not sure what all we'll be doing for beta this time around.

4. GWX

GWX New Member

Feb 18, 2013
    #784 GWX, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    I downloaded the lite version of the game to see what the fuss was about, and I enjoyed it more than I expected! However, wasn't it supposed to have Joypad support? Joypad's Console didn't detect it :(

5. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    We're glad you enjoyed the game! Seems like a lot of folks weren't too sure about the game until they tried it out. :)

And Joypad is supported, so it should work. But I installed the lite version, and I think I may have experienced the same behavior. Try quitting the level, and going back out to the main (title) menu. That fixed it for me. Then I updated to the latest Joypad app version (1.8.0), and when I started the lite and console it all worked right way as expected.

Let me know!

6. You know I had a question about joypad with hdmi tv. I don't believe any of the menu options like next level are mapped to the iphone joypad buttons right? Can this be implemented so we can completely play through joypad and not go back and forth with the ipad?

7. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    You're right - no menu buttons are mapped in joypad. Probably wouldn't be too hard to do, just a bunch of tedious work. But I haven't looked into yet so I'm not sure how well doing that plays with cocos2d menus.

Guess I should look into it at some point to gauge how much work is necessary. I'll add to my TODO list. :)

8. Yeah, I know, everytime I pop my head in here, always demanding something or another. Thanks for the transparency bar and for supporting the homeless!

9. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Hi mike & mike any update on when mikey 2 will be released ?
    Or should I stop being lazy and read back through this thread :confused::D

10. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Don't think he's said yet.

Maxed out all the points on FN already eh? :p

11. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Mikey Hooks will be released as soon as it is done. :) Yes, we are being vague at the moment. But we made a lot of great progress just this past week trying to get the game ready to show at the TA party at GDC tonight! The other Mike is currently waiting in a huge line trying to get in. Still lots to do, but the game is coming together really well!

12. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Getting bored with FN not many people playing think all the different version stuff has spoiled it and looking forward to Mikey hook now :)

13. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Good to hear mike ill keep checking back as need new game ASAP and what better then Mikey2 (hook ) :D

14. BeaverTap Games

BeaverTap Games Developer

Apr 5, 2012
    iOS Game Developer
    United States
    Mikey SALE!

Thanks for supporting BeaverTap Games! We're happy to announce our very first sale! Help us spread the word! :)

Some really nice things are being said in these threads:
    [thread=211237]Mikey Shorts Price Drop Thread[/thread]
    [thread=211256]Mikey Hooks Price Drop Thread[/thread]

[​IMG]

15. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Think I'll buy Mikey Hooks, I never even heard of these games before today...

16. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Thanks for the support, and I hope you enjoy the games. :)

17. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    These games are a lot of fun. I beat Mikey Shorts in a couple days, but it was exciting and enjoyable. Defintely worth 99 cents, even better as free.

I started Mikey Hooks today. Its looking to be just as fun, and a little more challenging! BRING IT ON! :)

18. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    So did you get your achievements issue worked out? I see you edited your post but I still got the original via email. I was gonna point you to our Options->Data-->Refresh button. Hopefully you got it working.

And have fun with Mikey Hooks. Thanks!

19. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Game Impressions

Wildly late to the party here...

*Begin Confession*

When this thread started, I saw "speed run" and thought, there will be absolutely nothing here for me. I don't DO timed well, and I certainly do not do "speed runs." Period. Downloaded the game after it went free (sorry, but I honestly did not think I would enjoy it in the slightest...:eek:), and subsequently deleted it shortly after because I needed space for something else, and that was about it.

*End Confession*

Flash forward a day or two. Someone said something in some thread that got me thinking. I guess I should at least try the game, right?

OMG. I am a convert.

This has to be, without a doubt, one of the purest, sweetest, funnest, funniest, coolest... OMG. It just OOZES syrupy goodness.

The controls are PERFECT, which quite frankly serves to make a speed run fan out of an avowed non-speed run fan, simply because you aren't fighting the game, and genuinely feel like you could actually get better if you, well, get better.

The sounds are RIDICULOUSLY perfect. Whimsical and beautiful. Just freaking perfect. Perfect.

The costumes are so FREAKING fun and hilariously creative. Every time a new one pops up for purchase I smile, if not actually laugh out loud.

I love the fact that I can enjoy the game completely WITHOUT speed running, and then test my newfound memory and navigational ability to attempt speed runs when I choose. Freaking BRILLIANT. It's like having 3 complete games in one app.

I am awed, I am shamed... I am a newly converted MS fan, and I will be gifting this to a buddy to assuage my guilt, post-haste.

Well FREAKING done, you guys, and cheers!

DBC

20. Glad to hear you like it. This has to be one of the best platformers on iOS. And the best speed runner.