GameClub Mikey Shorts (by BeaverTap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 22, 2012.

1. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    I downloaded and played this game for 1 hour, couldnt put it down

Very solid controls, music, and levels

Almost seems impossible to be able to get 3 stars in certain levels, some requiring 20-25 perfect jumps but it's still a very fun and challenging game, id say the best of this week unless someone can suggest another?

2. JJE

JJE Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Artist
    Boston, Massachusetts
    First rate effort all around. Very good controls and wicked fun mechanics. And no IAP. Can't thank you enough.

3. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    We beta tested Mikey Shorts with several kids (which turned out to be amazingly helpful). One of them was a 7-year-old girl (now 8). She had a lot of fun with the game even thought she didn't really play for high scores. :)

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Just hanging out at the top of every leaderboard no big deal :)

Except 1-1, tied for first. Can't crack it.

Anyway come and get me :)

EDIT: Just took 1-1 back.

5. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Oh my goodness this isn't good. I'm officially addicted and I can't put it down. I swear this is the first game where Ive only played the first level for like 30 minutes straight trying to beat peoples' high scores. Great game guys and simply wow. Really is fun for everyone, from casual to hardcore gamers alike :D

6. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Second place with the same score will try to beat it :D

7. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    #67 RaptorF35, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    Just you wait ONE week.

I was asked (and I happily agreed) to hold off at least a week before competing on the Leaderboards since I was a beta tester. So come next Thursday, I'll give you a challenge ;)

Edit: heh heh

Maybe I can play after all Mikeg? (Boardumb = beta tester).

I can't just let Boardumb win it all!

8. Mousey

Mousey Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Please can someone let me know if it's iCade compatible?

9. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    #69 JCman7, Aug 23, 2012
    Beat Jared on two of the levels in 6!!! Woot woot! But man you are good!

Edit: :( nvm you already beat my scores

10. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Mikey Shorts doesn't currently support iCade. But we plan on investigating support for a future update. Will be a good excuse for us to get iCades!

11. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Yep - great game and would be perfect for iCade.

12. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    #72 Janni, Aug 23, 2012
    GOTW stuff... thank you DEVS!

thats why i like to call iOS gaming as the "great return of gameplay" (something i was really missing since the good old C64 days) ;)

13. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    You know it's a great game when you get hand cramps! Ow my hand hurts its funny you press harder thinking it will make you go faster...this game is perfect! Thanks to the devs for making this. I hope Apple features it because it deserves recognition.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Alright, I knew this would be good...I just wasn't expecting it to be this good. It's a rare thing for me to say these days, but this makes me feel a kid again. Putting aside the whole superb speedrun aspect of the game, everything else just lives up to expectations, and hell...surpasses them. Love the exploration, the graphics, the music. Easily one of (if not) the best platformers on iOS.

15. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    I totally agree... This game was built to be played on the go. For me this is the best game this year. Why? Because I've been playing the game non-stop for 5 hours, and yes my hands hurt as well ;) No other game has compelled me to play this long and for that it's the best game this year!

16. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    This game is so fun! I love the replayability (trying to get the shorts and all coins, then trying to get the three stars for each level). The challenge levels are great too. I love how you can just go from one level to the nexf in an endless run, so to speak. So many levels I just simply ran out of time - and some are really neat and fiendish - I just want to try them again.

17. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I don't even know what to say at this point. We are completely blown away by everyone's positive feedback, and happy that you all are enjoying the game so much. Loving the leaderboard battle going on at the moment. Fun stuff to watch! :)

I think it is about time to try and get some sleep. Hopefully we can get Mikey Shorts climbing the charts!

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    How are the controls on iPad?

You didn't play Mos Speedrun?

19. devlin

devlin New Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Exceptional! Literally could not put it down until I three-starred the story mode. The controls, gameplay and level design are superb. And I still have the entire challenge mode ahead of me. Great surprise tonight, thanks Mikes!

20. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    They work really well... if the default feels uncomfortable you can change the layout from the option screens. I found the default to be pretty good.