GameClub Mikey Hooks (by BeaverTap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    #101 Retro Nug, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    I love it just like the first game! Had to purchase the bonus menu too. I also really dig the music in World 4.

2. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    What's the deal with the race scores? I feel as though I put up a decent run on the first race but don't come even close to the 100K mark. How are these scores possible?

3. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Thanks, Guise!

The controls should be the same as Mikey Shorts, but with the addition of hooking. We were so happy with the controls in Mikey Shorts that we didn't feel they needed any tweaking.

Thanks for the support!

The race scores are cumulative across all 12 race levels. Are you saying that you just played Race 1? If so, then you need to play the rest of the race levels to get past the 100k. :)

4. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Well that would explain that. Bit of a derp moment there. Thanks for the quick reply!

5. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Think we need to start a race high score table for individual levels ! Anyone interested :)

6. MrJayden

MrJayden Active Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Singapore
    Where's the Golden Shorts in 3-3? Been finding it for half an hour to no avail :(

7. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    at 38%

8. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    I can setup a quick bootstrap site with a table. Everyone will need to submit proof somehow though.

9. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Just started playing this game (only a few levels in) and didn't know there were golden shorts to find. Are they found in each level?

10. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Yes in every level in Story mode

11. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Just got this up, hopefully it will work. Let me know if there are any problems or anything that should be added.

http://hookscores.tk/

12. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    On mikey shorts we just started a new thread, and posted screen shots on forum as proof :)

13. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Ah the glory days (minutes) of discovering the level 4-3 shortcut only to have my score quickly shattered.

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I totally loved Mikey Shorts, but I'm having some trouble really getting locked into a good place control wise with Mikey Hooks. Whatever the case my hands feel more worn out by this game than the last one. Granted my times aren't super bad or anything, but honestly the difference in runs usually comes down to the little Z falls and S jumps where you fall and have to quickly zigzag left and right and then slide under something and then jump up and jump up left then up right. Everything else in the game is buttery smooth but those spots. I've tried moving the controls around, but 95% of time speed running is spent restarting the level because of these little Z & S turns. The rest it's because I pressed a button, or thought I hit the right place, and nothing happened which killed the whole speed run.

I'm not passing judgement yet. Just throwing some feedback down.

Bugs? Sometimes the ghost data has weird animation glitches. It keeps up to where it's supposed to be but the animation is just random glitches or something and it just kind of jumps around as if the ghost is being shocked to death.

I do have one small REQUEST...

I've tried the ghost, the dashed line, ... and I'd like to use one but they are both soooo distracting. Would it be possible to offer up a lighter version of the ghost. I'm talking barely visible on the screen. The ghost as it is just gets in the way too much IMO, but if it was more transparent then I think it would be easier to ignore it during the twitch jumping moments.

Just to throw a few stats up there, I've played through the first 5 levels (only aiming to perfect the first 3) and the first two races and already have collected 6044 coins, broken 944 gates and played 1hr 45min (though honestly it feels like a lot more than that). So I've done quite a bit despite having accomplished so little. On the first 4 levels I'm either 1st or 2nd amongst my friends... and am 19/22/16 on the global leaderboards for the first 3 levels).

15. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    @nightc1 it took you 1hour 45 minutes to get 3 Stars in the first 7 level?

Some of my stats:
    Playtime: 1hour 58minutes
    Gates Broken: 856
    83 Stars earned
    Collected coins: 14.600
    Finished the first 3 worlds all with 3 stars.

16. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'm not going for stars, I'm going clearing levels and then not moving on till I at least beat most of my friends high scores. I figure that way the game will last a little longer. I could probably 3 star the entire game in an hour if I wanted. :p

17. rainbowllama

rainbowllama Member

May 9, 2013
    I went in with low expectations and it worked great game, hell FANTASTIC GAIM

18. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate that. I hope you can find a control setup that suits you better. The control scheme really hasn't changed from Mikey Shorts, but you aren't the first to mention that. So I'm not sure yet what is going on. We'll keep an eye out.

And thanks for the ghost report. We've had a couple of those, so I have that glitchy ghost to fix on my todo list.

And as far as a more transparent ghost/line, we can also add that to our list and see if we can't come up with something -- maybe even making the ghost more transparent by default.

Thanks!

19. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #119 nightc1, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    In the mean time, I'm using the line. It's not as nice as the ghost, but it for the most part isn't obtrusive.

Nicely I've Top 10'd Globally 1-4 & 2-1... and top 25'd 1-1, 1-2 & 1-3. Looks like Andy is done dominating race mode and is now digging into the regular levels too so I guess I'll have to settle for #2 amongst my GC friends.

20. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Maybe just a transparency slider option for the ghost?