GameClub Mikey Hooks (by BeaverTap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Oh recognise that name yes games great hope you get time to hook up :D

2. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    More in it yet sausage fingers and tiredness got the better of me this morning ;)

3. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Those last 4 levels...WOW

4. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    The arrow hit box is pretty large, so it should handle thumb slippage. You can go into Options->Edit Controls and play around with moving the arrow to see if that helps you (you also can see the actual hit box). We don't have any plans to resize the actual arrows themselves.

And thanks for all of the positive comments from everyone!!! This really has been a great release so far. I'd prefer to respond to everyone individually, but I'm falling so far behind with everything that is going on!

Hook on!

5. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Yep.

6. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    After playing around with it some more, I can see the massive hit box. I might have been experiencing a glitch then, since i would stop moving as soon as my thumb left the arrows. I haven't been able to reproduce it yet though

7. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    OK, lemme know if you do reproduce it again, and maybe we can check things out and see what's going on. Thanks!

8. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    What I really like about this game is that it can be played by gaming super heroes like Andyc83 because the time leader boards will provide the high score satisfaction and that it can also be enjoyed by gaming zeroes like me. Levels never get frustratingly difficult so even I can complete it, and the all stars and golden pants make it less dependant on timing but is purely for enjoying the game !

Great game

9. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Yes def a game for all ages and expertise , my 3 year old is hooked ;)

10. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Ok quick problem with UK App Store , canT search And find mikey hooks in uk I had problem finding it myself and friends have too , I only got it through mikey shorts ,devs might want to look into this ! ;)

11. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Yeah it is happening in the US App Store, too. I think all App Stores. Apple has been having some issues since yesterday, and that appears to be one of them. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about it.

You have to use the direct link, or click on the Mikey Shorts app and go to "Related".

12. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Not good had few friends message me not finding it , hope they sort it, it is featured though as editors choice so got a big banner ill direct them that way ;)

13. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    In the Dutch AppStore Miley hooks is editors choice. So no problem finding it :)

14. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Excellent! Thanks for letting us know! Very exciting. :)

15. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Just as awesome as the first Mikey. Can't find the hidden shorts though on the second level :(

16. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Level 2 in the first world?
    it's at 52%

17. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Gracias...

18. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I didn't get a chance to beta test this as thoroughly as the first one, but it's obvious that the Mikes didn't really need my input. Because this game rules. The hooking feels right (love how you can sort of double hook if/when necessary) and the addition of enemies and harmful obstacles makes the overall experience more challenging.

Great job, Mike G. and qpawn! Keep up the good work.

19. Atangerine

Atangerine Active Member

Sep 13, 2012
    MI
    Love the game so far. Raged a few times, but it's worth it when you make a successful run.

One suggestion - could you make a slider in the Edit Controls that makes the buttons/arrows bigger? I keep stopping in midair when I'm jumping from platform to platform.

Also, did you guys make the controls more precise? I remember in Mikey Shorts I could press jump right before I was done sliding (beneath land) and he would jump, but in Mikey Hooks I have to be more precise.

20. Thekoolninja

Thekoolninja Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2013
    #100 Thekoolninja, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014

New And Noteworthy in the App Store