GameClub Mikey Hooks (by BeaverTap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 7, 2013.

1. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    When you say the 50 disguise achievement, are you talking about the "Quick Change Artist" achievement (randomize 50 times)?

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Yep - randomise 50 times.

3. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    OK, and I'm sure you pressed it 50 times. :)

I'm not sure what is going on yet. Currently, the only way this might happen would be with iCloud in the mix. So I wanted to ask you a couple of questions so that I'm clear on this:

1.) Is iCloud enabled on your device(s)?

2.) Do you remember seeing a "Cloud files detected" alert message on any of your devices? And did you press Yes or No to use the files?

3.) Do you see that the 50 randoms achievement is locally unlocked on any of your other devices?

4.) Is that your very last achievement? IOW, are all other achievements unlocked locally?

Thanks! And sorry about this bug.

4. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Damn! My fault entirely. I actually hadn't pressed the randomise fifty times. I'd been randomising them myself. My son must have randomised 50 times on my iPad when he was playing to unlock the game centre achievement. I used to be quite clever when I was younger. Sorry, Mike. Great game though.

5. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    No worries, I'm glad you figured it out! I like problems like this that don't require any work on my part. :)

6. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    What a tool I am. I spent a good hour yesterday changing hats and faces and eyes and even hooks in the end when the randomise button was right in front of my eyes. Bootiful.

7. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Maybe we could add a new achievement if we detect a player selects a bunch of disguises within a certain period of time:

"Congratulations, you tried to manually randomize Mikey's disguises. Try the random button next time!"

:)

8. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I'll get my coat now.

9. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Just wanted to come back and say a big THANKS for adding in the transparency slider for the ghost. When I made the suggestion of a more transparent ghost, I was pretty positive it would make a big difference to me and in reality it does. I can now play with the ghost on and not feel like it's in the way of improving a time. No more line for me :D

Any idea when more race levels may be added? No rush, just that will help revitalize my desire to play the game more.

10. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Glad that the ghost transparency is working out for you! I'm guessing a lot of people will like having that. Also fixed the nasty ghost jitter, so hopefully that is gone for good.

No idea about more race levels at this point. We definitely plan on adding more race levels and disguises, but we're looking at adding something new so an update somewhat hinges on that...

11. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Cool. Whatever y'all add will be awesome.

I noticed too that the coin collecting during a restart was implemented. Nice. Now I can go back and race for times and collect coins to get those other disguises.

12. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Yes, that got added too! :) Hopefully speedrunners will now have an easier time collecting coins to buy all of the disguises. Other than the ghost transparency slider and coins at retry, we just fixed a few minor bugs.

13. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The new #1 score looks a little suspicious. What does everyone else think?

14. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    It could be real if something in the update allowed for slightly better times and others haven't found it yet as they haven't been playing. Looking over the top scores all seem to have been set before the update and the new #1 was set after the update.

15. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Thanks for pointing that out. We'll check it out, and keep an eye on it.

I did make a change to deal with the off-by-one point rounding error in the code that was pointed out earlier in this thread. However, that should only account for 1 point per level. I wouldn't expect that big of a jump in score.

Also wanted to mention that our ratings and reviews got reset in the App Store after the update, so it would be great if you all could rate the latest version of MH! That would be greatly appreciated! :)

16. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Can't find the shorts for level 3-3. Any tips?

17. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    From page 11 of the thread (just to post the source)

18. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Thanks a lot. #

19. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    So just to clarify: what does the iap in the game unlock? I have very little money to get games with these days so really measure my options when checking them out and I notice this one not only has a certain price tag, but that is not all the game. I know if I dish out for this game, I will want to grab the iap too. Thanks for your help. I really liked the first game, but I am not one of those people who will play a level over and over again to get 1/100th of a second faster or a tiny bit higher on the leaderboards - though with my ocd, I will play over and over to get all the hats, etc. ;)

20. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    The IAP unlocks the entire Bonus Menu, which includes:
    • Coin Doubler: Coins are worth double.
    • Coin Magnet: Nearby coins get vacuumed to Mikey.
    • Extra Hearts: Mikey's max hearts will be 6 instead of 3.
    • Retro Mode: Old school retro level graphics.

Not necessary for high scores, but the IAP will help you get disguises in half the time. The magnet also helps to collect all the coins in each level for that achievement. The hearts might help if you're having any trouble with later levels or want to search for the Golden Shorts without worrying as much about Mikey's health. The retro graphics are cool if you're into that sorta thing. :)