Universal Mikey Boots (by BeaverTap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 3, 2014.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Question: Is the scoring 1-3 stars based only on time? How do the coins factor into it? Anything for gathering all coins?

2. MBowman

MBowman Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Always love to see more quality Platformers come out?

3. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    Stars are based only on time. You can collect all the coins to get a little icon on the level select button for each level. Same with the hidden Golden Shorts.

You also get an achievement for 100% coins in all levels and for finding all the shorts. :)

4. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Thriiiiiiilled!!!

5. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks qp! Sounds great!

6. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
  7. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Should have named it Mikey Flaps, the guy even flaps his arms.

8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Bought! I'm tempted to play for a couple hours but I have to work in the morning. I'm gonna try it now and hopefully my phone and I will go to sleep at a responsible time.

Love your games you guys. Also love having you on the podcast, Mike. Mike G, have you considered making a guest appearance on the show sometime? That would be a nice surprise! Good luck with your newest release!

- Mike

9. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Hey hey, another Mike! Don't let the game suck you in and keep you up all night. :) Thanks for the support!

Good question about making a guest appearance on the podcast. I guess I'd be willing if they wanted to do some kind of BeaverTap Games bit. But I'm kind of your typical quiet guy, so you'd probably just hear lots of silence from me. :D

10. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    ThisX100! MM should start his own podcast. I laugh so much it makes my stomach hurt sometimes. Thanks for that.

11. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    #51 laszlo_kovacs, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    Ditto'ing the whole speed-running in the previous games came down to vertical sections & 'cornering' (other than figuring out the quickest of branching paths sometimes in the first game..but after that, that was the only key).

Happy this is here, Threes & Wayward Souls have been the only real attention-getters for me this year..til now!

P.S. I hate andyc83

12. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    First impressions I'm slightly disappointed it's not as fun as the first two but maybe as I continue to play I will enjoy it more. I'm missing the fast paced nature of running.

13. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    How is it not as fun as the first two?

14. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Another homerun!!!

15. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    All I have to say is that this game is polished!

Such a smooth and pretty game. =]

16. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #56 nightc1, Sep 4, 2014
    Overall I agree. I think it comes down to the formula being dumbed down so much that its kind of easy. There's little chance of error during the horizontal sections. Sure they throw everything possible at you but the coins show a default safe path. So making it through seems fairly easy. Eeking out better times ultimately is just one to three sections of variety (just talking first 12 levels) ... the rest of the level is pretty easy so it's hard to even lose time in those sections. Atleast for an old pro it is. I'm 1st or 2nd on most of the first 12 levels (with a tester or something often the only person above me, which is obvious from GC as the scores are more than a day old) and some of them are just a couple of tries. I'm sure the scores won't hold since I'm about to goto sleep. But I don't foresee the competition being as much fun.

Still this is a 5 star game. I reviewed it on the AppStore and happily rate it here as well. So it's not as great as hooks or shorts... It's still a solid game and well worth my two bucks.

17. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    #57 Hambo12, Sep 4, 2014
    We want a mikey RPG !!!! Like a side scrolling platformer RPG like illusia or turn based like child of light haha.

18. mattreeder

mattreeder Member

Jun 17, 2013
    So much excite!!!!!! :)

19. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    woke up, downloaded - tried with logitech and then steel series, followed by touch. Touch controls are perfect. Absolute perfection - again - like welcoming back an old friend.

20. Ariectus

Ariectus Active Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Florida
    I made a playlist of my gameplay of the last few levels if any of you guys are interested, each vid is only about 30-40 seconds long, I BEAT KEPA, haha. On some, Not too hard of an accomplishment on the first night it's out though, but still =P

They were definitely tricky, especially bonus 4

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoQsVs0L01aYD3SAQIBfzYPBYH6nSHNs1