Mike Tyson Boxing

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Stroffolino, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Rock Software has been doing a full court PR effort, landing coverage on USA Today and other sites. They've announced a 99 cent boxing game featuring a character named "Little Sammy" whose final match is against a tatoo'd Mike Tyson.

http://mashable.com/2010/10/14/mike-tyson-iphone-game/

2. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    This is long overdue but I am very eager to purchase, I used to go through all the boxers and Tyson without getting hit once when I was a kid.

3. elimcfly

elimcfly Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Thatd be awesome! I can feel it coming in the AppStore tonight woah woahhhhah.

4. Stroffolino

Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    I know what you mean. Mike Tyson's PunchOut for NES eclipsed the arcade original in popularity. Many of the things that the designers were forced to do to fit the arcade game onto NES hardware arguably ended up improving the game. For example, because of sprite size limitations the main character ("Little Mac") was made tiny with comical leaping punches - giving him heaps of personality and underdog status.

This (along with Monster Boxing 3d) are definitely on my watch list. I have no idea how good this particular Tyson boxing game will end up being - there are a few screenshots available online, but no video. The following comment doesn't exactly inspire confidence, though:

"Rock Software CEO John Shahidi has worked his own friends and acquaintances into the game — they’re the 10 guys you fight leading up to Tyson. “There’s my high school buddies."

That being said, while this isn't a Nintendo-authorized/licensed game, I'm glad to see Mike Tyson involved. He badly needs the money.

5. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I spit my water out when I read that bit about him using his old high school friends in the game. If they're anything like most of my old high school friends, it'll be like fighting King Hippo 10 times in a row before getting to Iron Mike.

Also, I hope that Mike uses some of his signature lines in the game. I'd repeat some of them here but I'd probably get banned for doing it. The cleanest ones of them are the ones where he uses the word "fornicating."

6. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    I forgot all about the monster boxing 3D, I you sure it's still a go? It's been a long time since there was any news. That game belongs on the forgotten games list.

7. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Awww, I'm the main character!

8. Stroffolino

Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Monster/Beast Boxing 3d looks to be far enough along that I'd be shocked if it didn't get released sometime soon. There's a dedicated web page with videos here:

http://www.goodhustle.com/games/beastboxing/

Wouldn't be the first time a release got delayed many months since it was announced (*cough* Revolt *cough*)

9. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I'm coming for you, man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!