Universal Miitomo (by Nintendo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Mar 31, 2016.

1. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    you need to confirm the activate mail for your account you registered to continue

2. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I try and keep my Twitter followers down to a minimum. I'll pass on this.

3. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I am really enjoying it, but we need a way to add friends easier.

4. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    This thing is such a weird thing. The point is to enhance or increase social interactions, right? And you do that by adding your friends. OK. So none of my real-life friends have or care about the app. So I can't enhance relationships I already have. And sorry if this comes off as insulting, but I don't care about what any of the random people on the Add Me threads like to eat, haha. I don't know you, so I don't care.

So this is a fun thing, I guess, if you have lots of friends who are on it. But we're also only going to become friends if we already are on Twitter/Facebook, which is a much quicker and easier way to just talk to people.

So then all that's left is dressing up in costumes and taking photos. If that was a web app with a better UI I'd do it once or twice, but I can't imagine it is going to hold my interest for too long.

This is a weird app.

5. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    This might just become more popular and replace what's app, u can't do anything on what's app and this is the future of chatting!

6. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Still not working for me. I've no potential friends showing in my feed despite having several that meet the requirement on my Twitter account and having refreshed my Twitter data frequently.

My Mii is slowly going mad with the solitude pacing around his cell....

7. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    They need to make a "Friend Code" option. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't use Twitter or FB.

8. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012
    Ditto to hoping they create a friend code system.

Seems like a well built app though, hopefully it's the humble beginnings of a larger game hub.

9. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I agree. It's a weird, dumb, sanitized kiddie thing. I messed around with it for a few minutes and tossed it. Hey kids, doing real stuff with real friends is better. Try it.

10. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Just doing it to get free stuff. 10 points away from getting the Zelda themed Picross for my N3DSXL.

11. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I don't own any Nintendo consoles. This app seems worthless to me. I can't even save my account to a cloud service. If I delete the app, I will lose my account. Bye bye miitomo.

12. Mischief61

Mischief61 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    It is absolutely impossible to land your Mittmoto on the second platform from the top in the first Miitmoto Drop game. ###

13. Mischief61

Mischief61 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Well put.

14. JudasKain

JudasKain Active Member

Nov 11, 2015
    This app was clearly made with the intention of collecting user data for nintendo's own marketing purposes. They will also have the option to sell said data.

15. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Yeah if you or a family member don't have either a Wii U or a 3DS then there is really no point to having this app. On that note, I got the Zelda themed Picross for my N3DSXL this morning. Pretty neat game and it's even in 3D.

16. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    I don't know, it's been kind of fun to connect with total strangers behind a Mii guise. I don't care what their favorite food is, but its been cool discovering that there ARE a few contacts who share some of my unusual tastes or sense of humor. Not looking for friends, but this has been a fun diversion.

17. bxsonic

bxsonic Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Indie Dev
    I do enjoy making miifotos (especially during boring meetings. Heh). It's a fun distraction. Some of the miifotos I've seen are hilarious

18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Isn't it supposed to be a way for Nintendo to make money on you decorating your mii and surroundings and you gaining Nintendo points, whatever those are? I don't care to buy Nintendo hardware anymore, so there's no point for me to get their software if it's based around integrating the two, especially if like you say all my real friends don't have the app, then this app isn't going to help me get to know them better. But for those people who have a lot of Nintendo gear and friends who use it, then I guess it might be fun.

19. KevinT

KevinT New Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Student
    chicago
    ALso downloaded
    Opened up crashed
    What...nintendo game and crashed on iPhone...but the restarting my iPhone did the trick

But playing the game is fun...the social feature of the game is fun that lasts even after you meet friend in real life...kudos to Nintendo...

20. paulxl

paulxl Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 31, 2014
    #80 paulxl, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    That's not true. If you want cloud saving, you can have it using a my Nintendo account. They have made a serious effort to make that clear. It seems it wasn't enough. Btw. That my Nintendo account is completely separated from the account you use to play online and access the eshop on Nintendo consoles.