Universal Miitomo (by Nintendo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Mar 31, 2016.

1. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Don't give this game a bad review because you messed up your phone. It isn't Nintendo's fault, it is yours.

2. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    In the drop down prize game, I received candy. Anyone know what that does? #

3. Digibear

Digibear Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Yes, each action you can perform to gain coins is limited per day. You'll get daily login bonuses worth far more.

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Yes it's a daily event .5 coins each for the first three questions each day.
    Also changing your clothes once a day earns u coins.
    Linking Twitter and Facebook gets you 100 points each. Points are different than coins .
    The new my Nintendo rewards program is now available for more info and earning rewards for that program

5. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #25 Jayg2015, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    edit

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This is why developers love jailbreakers. ;)

7. Carvool

Carvool Member

Dec 14, 2012
    That's the problem. I'm NOT jailbroken. I updated my phone to the latest version since I used to be.

It's almost like Nintendo is putting me in a position where I have to jailbreak AGAIN to boot this thing up.

8. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    HAS ANYONE
    Been able to get a friend through Twitter?

If so what did u do after linking Twitter

9. Carvool

Carvool Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Actually, it's theirs. They went out of their way to block me. I understand the idea of blocking people who may be able to hack your app, but people who actually have an actual jailbroken setup currently have a way to get around it.

Besides, negative feedback is how large companies determine what needs to be done. There's no hard feelings, but if they get enough people complaining about it they'll probably fix it.

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Unfortunately there's no good way for developers to detect whether someone jailbroke so they can have the dankest weed theme on their springboard this side of the Mississippi or if they're going to pirate or otherwise hack your game. Considering piracy rates and how much trouble developers have with cheaters... It's hard to fault them for these kind of policies.

11. Robot:String

Robot:String Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice start for Nintendo.
    The app behaves as expected. The experience is very Wii U-like.
    Nintendo network integration is really good.
    The only thing is those aspects not fully explained (like you have to follow each other on Twitter to be friends).
    I hope to see more mobile apps to complement their games.
    I like it. :)

12. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Don't like the implementation of gaining "friends". It'd be a heck of a lot easier if you could just enter an ID number or something. I don't use Twitter and the people I know on Facebook would never use this app. For now I have my wife as a friend and I'm sure my daughter will want to get the app when she gets out of school. So I'll be limited to 2 friends.

13. NickyNichols

NickyNichols Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    This is so exciting, I'm 34, I have it connected to Facebook and Twitter and I have zero friends. Being old sucks.

14. twispby

twispby Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Who's the cool guy who made a Twitter account for this game?!

Yeah.... Add me @twispby

15. jamesmcadams82

jamesmcadams82 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Crashes on startup on my iPhone 6+, iOS 9.3, not jailbroken.

I have jailbroken this device in the distant past, but I used DFU to set it up as a new phone. Sad times.

16. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    My Miitomo is naked and I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep it that way. I'll be bad for my fashion rating, but wowza.

17. Digibear

Digibear Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Added a few of you but still can't seem to add friends on the game. Weird. Can you add me?

18. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    After following you on Twitter, I refreshed and it let me send you an invite on miitomo. It's awaiting your approval #

19. Spore Productions

Spore Productions Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2013
    Game Developer
    Toronto
    First impressions

The crashes might not have to do with jailbreak so much as memory space. On launch it does this data download thing and at 100% it would crash and reboot my device (ipad mini first gen). I had about 830mb of free space. After 3 attempts to run the app past the data loading part without a crash/reboot, I cleared some space to just over 1 gb of free space and then the app worked beyond the data loading stage.

First impressions: It's got that Nintendo charm and polish I would expect from them. It's very "Wii" feeling.

The level of Mii customization is impressive (right down to speech and personality parameters!)

I didn't do too much beyond this other than answer two questions and got some coins, a Mario hat and some tickets. I'll be linking my Nintendo account and Facebook later.

Whoever said there's infinite possibility here is right. If Nintendo gets some good ROI with this, they may see iOS as a more viable platform for original content as well as a second screen experience.

20. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    They must love Android equally by your logic