Universal Miika (by Noxus)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Cagey75

Cagey75 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2014
    I was getting a little worried when I breezed through the first few levels, as the game doesn't tell you you're basically doing the tutorial in the first 3-4 at least. Then I hit one that took me 5 minutes to get right, and already have a few that I need to return to and 3 star! I can tell it's going to get very tricky indeed.

Clever puzzler, great looking, and after a few levels you get a good feel for the controls and it's very satisfying when you 3 star a tricky level smoothly :) well worth $2 I say.

2. noxus

noxus Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Oct 5, 2014
    Noxus Ltd
    London, United Kingdom
    Gamingvideo's video only shows the first couple of levels. Its abit of shame to post the later levels are it will spoil it for people who have not completed it up to then.

Thanks for the support, we actually cant wait to start making some new worlds and puzzles for future releases. But for now, enjoy ;)

3. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Ok. I guess I'm in the minority here, because I prefer quality over quantity. I rank Monument Vallley near the very top of games of the year, and I thought the time I spent with it was reasonable.
    I'd much rather have a game with no filler entertain me for an hour with none of that time spent grinding or doing meaningless tasks, than spend 20 hours with a game that only had 4 hours of interesting content.

So...my question to those who've played this...how's the actual gameplay? Does it feel like MV? Are the levels designed well?

4. I should have a full review up soon, but here's the first five levels if you want to see what gameplay looks like. It does get more complicated, and I like the whole idea of it, but do wish it was longer.

YouTube: video

5. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Thing which annoys me a bit is its possible to make seemingly viable path on first levels but its still not the right one. Hope its not the case with later levels.

6. #27 AppUnwrapper, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    I'm having that issue on the last level. If/when I figure it out, I'll work on my review.

Edit: Completed the game. You kind of just have to accept that there's only one solution (as far as I know) for each level.

7. Cagey75

Sep 2, 2014
    Of course! I meant in game itself though, it doesn't say 'tutorial' you just go right into it. I like that, as the game flows better. You kind of realise you're getting an introduction on the first few levels anyway. :)

8. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
  9. mintyray

mintyray Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    One word: ilomilo.

10. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Hmm, is this game worth as much as a bagel with cream cheese?

11. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    YES. you have to see the graphics man the graphics! Of course it's will never beat the original monument valley but I love the graphics here lol

12. Cagey75

Sep 2, 2014
    I don't think it's that much like MV - in that one you controlled the character as well as the buildings - the artwork was very different, and was more 2D - this is full 3D as you can view from all angles. MV wasn't the first of it's type either, Fez was long before.

13. noxus

noxus Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Oct 5, 2014
    Noxus Ltd
    London, United Kingdom
    We in the process of submitting an update with some more improvements to gameplay and help menus. Android and Blackberry are coming real real soon :D:D

14. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    First thing I thought when I saw the screens as well.

15. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    OMG, I just looked it up and it's almost identical!

16. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Ilomilo looks awesome and super cute! Thanks for the heads up. The games do look similar, but Miika seems to be a more stripped down version.