Universal Mighty DOOM (by Alpha Dog / Bethesda)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 21, 2023.

1. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Absolutely loving this one, is it an archero reskin, mostly but run n gun and glory kills of Doom make this special and if I'm not wrong you're pickups throughout runs are based on weapon loadouts as well giving a little bit less love to the rng gods then most

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Are these the specials you were recommending, @Boardumb? I’m considering the 1,500 gem pack since I want to unlock the Slayer on my own (if that’s possible).
    4FF40DA9-7EB4-499D-A419-F685A36F459C.jpeg CB4D6C18-9289-4900-918C-5A2E2D43A41A.jpeg

3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    No, there was a different starter pack that was like 3 of each color loot box, some gems, and something else. Coins or XP or something. Maybe was just a soft launch thing? Or they might bring out some new deals whenever the next season starts.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  4. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah that is a$1.99 IAP. That's the only thing I've bought thus far. You can't earn Classic Slayer as it stands...only the gold guy, for 1.2k crystals. Tempted to buy Crimson at $5 but not crazy about his low health buff talent.

5. Anotherkellydown

I ended up buying the Crimson Pack since you can’t earn him with in-game money.
    3847450D-B71A-4F68-B075-A818D3EFCEAC.jpeg

Attached Files:

Boardumb likes this.
  6. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah same. With the 30 days of crystals, not bad.

7. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Gameplay is fine but energy in 2023??? Incredibly slow progression to force people into spending? Mighty Doom is a cash grab with obscene P2W system.

You can buy both Doom and Doom eternal cheaper on various sales than two bundles here.

Also the graphics are trash.

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  8. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Well, the new season started today with season pass going for 8€, which I’m considering despite the rewards being not that tempting. Actually, this is just a reskin of latest Lara Croft game under Netflix subscription. Might be of Archero as well as mentioned above, but I’ve never played that one. The only and the biggest difference is in Lara Croft you can get much more rewards just from playing, and by rewards I mean weapons and gear. Which in comparison to Mighty Doom is fairly obvious advantage. You can fuse those and get higher rarity stuff relatively easily. When I stopped playing Lara Croft most of my stuff was epic or legendary (and I’ve given up really soon). In Mighty Doom the only way to get weapons and gear is with chests (and some events, but it’s barely worth mentioning). So the progression is significantly slower. But it has Glory kills, which is still fun to perform. I just wish it was balanced better, reward-wise. So, yeah.

Alex DeLargest and decript like this.
  9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Wish there was a button which selects all the best gear. Haven’t a clue what I’m doing with the weapons. I just upgrade them !

boyght the season pass. Haven’t played this sort of game before so enjoying it

10. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    If you Do not like a weapon you can equip another instead then recycle the old weapon to level one which gets you all the mats/$ back. You can use the money to level the other weapon and can do this as much as you want.

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    How do you do that ? Recycle it all back as I’ve spent a ton on one of my weapons and maxed it out

cheers

Edit - ahhh I getcha. Of course the recycle icon !! Oops !! Thanks

what’s the best weapon in your view ?

12. Anotherkellydown

I’ve been using the chain gun ever since I got the rare drop (blue) and it’s been amazing. Got it to level 30 now.

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    My favorite is Plasma rifle. Rarity-wise, I got green one only (uncommon), but it’s level 33. As a secondary weapon I’ve been using super shotgun pretty much exclusively. In combination with gear that takes benefits from using secondary weapon often it’s a blast going through hordes of enemies. Currently in stage 8 - Hell on Earth, getting my ass kicked. Mostly due to lack of good gear - not even a single rare one in my inventory. Just common and uncommon stuff, which is quite sad because I might get bored replaying same stages before getting some decent equipment. Progression is painfully slow. But than again, there are glory kills which still keeps me entertained.

psj3809 and Anotherkellydown like this.
  14. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I'm getting "unable to connect to server" errors on both Ipad and my Android device. Any ideas?

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I’m on level 6 doom base but can’t even get halfway through it so lots of grinding. I’m level 32 so doing okay

As for the monthly mission I’m on number 18 so doing okay

I’ve got a rare rocket launcher as my secondary weapon but the rest are just uncommon. Still unsure what main weapon to use. Shotgun isn’t bad but too slow for me. Might go back to a plasma rifle but want a better one as mines maxed out at level 20

all my armour and boots etc are all uncommon

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Saying that I just used some crystals to get a weapon box. Got an uncommon shotgun. Allowed me to fuse and it’s now rare so I should keep with that now

17. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    I use:
    1st slot Heavy rifle
    2nd slot rocket launcher or super shotgun
    3rd slot BFG 9000

18. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Despite crazy slow cooldown, BFG is my favorite ultimate. You can use it like 2-3 times max during the run, but it’s always worth it and quite impressive to look at.

adamphetamine likes this.
  19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I use:

1st plasma rifle
    2nd rocket launcher
    3rd BFG 9000

I’m happy with 1 and 2, but I’d like something more effective than the BFG 9000 (takes too long to recharge). Any suggestions?

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    When you’re playing what’s the orange bar at the top represent ? Can’t work it out. Sometimes it’s filled in other times partially