Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. moeTi

moeTi Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    colorblind mode

I'd really like to test this out, but often I can't play match-threes because I can't see the difference between green and yellow.
    Is this going to be a problem here, or do the units also differ in shape or something?

I'd really like to see a color blind mode more often. Puzzle Quest was really great in that aspect, but Zuma was unplayable for me (even though Popcap managed to add colorblind mode to Peggle...)

2. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Too bad to hear about the iPhone landscape issues; thanks to everyone who tested it out, though.

iOs gaming is one of the few things that can actually make me feel bad about saving money, when it happens in circumstances like this. Maybe I'll just cross something else off of my watch list, instead.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Zuma on iOS (which I presume you weren't talking about) does have colorblind mode, and it works spectacularly. If you haven't checked it out, don't hesitate. :)

As for this, err...I dunno, I've been able to manage just fine, but if I've learnt anything from Luxor, there'll probably be a point where my colorblindness will come into play.

4. moeTi

moeTi Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Yeah I played Zuma on PC until my gf started to laugh at me because I did everything wrong :eek:

In this game it seems to be a problem on DS/PC/Xbox/PS3, so I don't really have hope they changed it for iOS :(

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Nothing to be embarrassed about. :) Yeah, I know the feeling...I felt like the biggest tool buying all the iOS Luxor games only to find I couldn't play a single one of them. So thankful PopCap were awesome enough to have a colorblind mode in Zuma's Revenge.

6. moeTi

moeTi Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    It's also not that hard to achieve, a small unique symbol or something would be enough...

7. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Played a short way into this game. Not bad. Never played it before, and haven't gotten far on this so the depth remains to be seen.
    I'm playing it on an iphone and I don't have too much of a problem with the selections, but I can see people with wide fingers struggling on the iphone for sure.

Also, it's already been mentioned, there are tips displayed during the load screen, but they may as well not be because it loads so fast they're gone in half a second.

Decent game so far.

And for the colourblind crowd, I'm thinking they may struggle. The characters, from memory, between say blue or green or orange, aren't different shaped, but I'm gonna guess the further you get into it, the more different units (and therefore shapes), you can choose (that's a guess), which should help, but the game is definitely colour reliant.

8. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    Damn, this is shaking my resolve not to take the risk; my fingers are pretty slender.

Eh, I'll take the dive. And I'll put up some iPhone impressions as soon as I can, for people who're still on the fence.

9. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Glad to hear everyone else is enjoying it. I really love the game, the iCloud issue is the major thing holding me back at the moment. I don't want to risk having to start from scratch if the bug is fixed- it says I've played for 364 hours!

10. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It's not bad. I been playing it and got the pixey or fairy but no further problems after crashing on start up for first time

11. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    I played the DS version up to the final battle (which was devilishly hard so I gave up).
    Is there any difference between the DS game and this version, except the graphics?

12. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    So I have a glitch. I'm not to far in but on anwen'a story. When I enter battle, it shows me having demon units, not the elves. Also in victory, shows the same but instead of Anwen, it shows the Demon character, can't recall his name, the guy you play in the demon portion. It doesn't seem to affect gameplay, but could see it being very confusing.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Fantastic game and well worth the $13 asking price including the IAP. Plays really well on my ipad3, cant wait to play this on the ipad mini when i get mine next week.

So far this is my GotW. I dont know why some are having problems with taps and swipes as mine are VERY responsive.

I love how the game is a mix of strategy and puzzle. Not the type of puzzle like match 3's... But the type of puzzle that you have to figure out how to use your limited moves per turn to maximize your benefits using whatever is on the field, and it is also a devilish puzzle to maintain positioning of units after an attack or defense to prep for combos, which reminds me of Chess, where you have to plan each and every move.

Just handed my 5-stars as well... Easily deserved 5-stars.

14. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    So I played one quick battle on my iPhone, and it wasn't too bad. You have to make sure to use your forefingers rather than your thumbs, and be deliberate when you make a move to make sure you don't wind up wasting a move point by dragging someone into the wrong spot.

But since this game is focused a lot more on strategy over speed, the need for careful control isn't that big of a hurdle, since you can take your time. I'm looking forward to getting to the point where I don't suck, because the AI rolled me over easily but I can see how much fun this game will get once I have a better idea of how it works.

15. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    It's easier then ChronosGear that's for sure

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... this is more of a think-more than a match-more, which is perfect for me as it let's me keep this and Puzzle Saga on my ithings as they are both different from each other.

17. qwertjx

qwertjx Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Anyone tried the online yet? How's it?

18. bobehm

bobehm Active Member

Dec 6, 2012
    An undo button, like chronosgear has, would be nice. Otherwise, this is everything I'd hoped for in a port. Playing on iPhone 5.

19. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    What level should I be to face the first bounty hunters request?

20. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    So it's not a full game unless you pay the $7.99 IAP? The bosses you can't earn by playing the game normally?