Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It has a few problems on start up but after starting it up and playing it the game is pretty fun

2. jamsie07

jamsie07 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Any chance you could post a pic of the battle field? Like to see how it looks on the iPhone 5 in relation to my thumbs!

3. IcarusFly

IcarusFly Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Music teacher, administrator of a home for abandon
    USA
    #143 IcarusFly, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    I am loving the game. The touch controls work fine for me except for speaking with other characters. I watched Sankus vid and I saw him talking to the soldiers on the side of the nodes. I can't seem to get it to work. I tap everywhere and nothing. In battle there is no problem at all. Even moving to the nodes and opening a chest all work, just no speech bubbles. Anyone else having the same issue?

Oh sorry I missed the previous post. I tried tapping on my character and BOOM there was the dialog box. All better now.

4. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    #144 themostunclean, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    I've been playing for three hours straight on my ipad 2 and have had absolutely no problems. It's funny because whenever there seem to be specific issues with a game (framerate, touch recognition, crashes, etc...) I seem to not have as many problems as other people. I do use a system utility app to free up disc space before starting a new game, especially a biggie like this. Maybe that helps with some of the issues, or maybe I'm just lucky.

I think A LOT of people aren't realizing that you have to tap the node your standing on to interact with the objects/NPC next to you. It's a little counterintuitive but I guarantee its where a lot of the "tap recognition" complaints are coming from.

I'll agree this game is WAY too small on my iphone and should have been in portrait. It doesn't matter if you have the iPhone 5, by the way. The problem is with the height, not the width and the 5 is no taller (in landscape) than any other iPhone. On ipad it's fine though.

5. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Has anyone experience this timestamp issue reported by bigsid?

I don't want to see a game if the campaign cannot track properly the time (and many hours) I will be spending in it.

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I just played 20 minutes before going to work on iPad (3 gen) and 20 minutes on iPhone (4s).
    Maybe it's really to early to say but tbh I was blown away and I really feared the worst.
    Looks and plays fantastically on iPad, just like I remember my 360 version (I'll do a direct comparison tonight).
    Sprites and cutscenes are crystal clear, backgrounds are as good as I remember (maybe there is some more compression there but really...seems to play a cartoon).
    As hard as I tried, I didn't had any tapping or selection problems.
    On the contrary...I swipe down to 'get' a unit and just tap where I want it to be.
    It's simple and fast....faster than using the XBOX360 pad.
    On iPhone it's tiny, but it plays well (I hadn't any problem, played 1 encounter on each device...but...fat fingers beware).
    It's maybe not as glorious as it is playing on iPad, but I'm really glad they went the Universal route...will surely come handy for my multiplayer on the go.
    iCloud sync worked like a charm.
    I'll report later after some solid hours of gaming but so far I dare to say I'm still incredoulus.
    My most wanted game, for which I waited so long, is turning out to be ported fantastically and has many features I didn't even dare to hope for.
    Seems too good to be true but I'm not complaing....I hope this first impression holds later when I'll play some more hours.

Oh...and yes!
    I too was fooled by the dialogue decision...you have to tap on YOUR CHARACTER spot, not on the dialogue spot.
    As soon as I realized it, I had no problems.

7. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    So are these IAP just like Plague Incs? You don't need to buy them, only if you want the unlock fast.

8. squabs

squabs Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Heh this game is great! Played on touch4 no performance probs, my finger is too big obscuring the graphics, so I tried using a stylus, and it works really well!

9. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    So I was fooling around during a battle, some how I turned on the character strength numbers over every unit. Anyone one know how to turn them off? The options menu was only for music and sounds :/

10. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Yup after 12 hours mine synced with GC and the I had 111:37 played.

11. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Trippel-tap anywhere.

12. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Yikes! That is bad.

Anyone else with the time bug?

Also, is the XP point given per battle FIXED as long as you win, so there is no difference in XP or reward given if you played good or just barely survived?

13. Dragonhead

Dragonhead Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Lead Programmer
    Norway
    Pretty good game, I'm enjoying it a lot!

Although I'd still like more games in the old Might & Magic 6-8 style by New World Computing, which are some of my favorite RPGs of all time, but looks like that will never happen... :/

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
  15. TheOctagonTheory

TheOctagonTheory Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    semi-retired
    Tokyo, Japan
    This game displays help/hint messages while loading and then doesn't give you time enough to read the damn things. I hate games that do that.

16. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
  17. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I get what you are talking about but belive me....BE GLAD of loading times.
    I stopped playing on 360 because of that (you could read a whole book while the game loaded screens).
    They could add a NEXT button to solve that in case they are reading this forum.

18. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    My Internet was playing up and this kept crashing on load, just before the uplay thing would be due to appear, I'm guessing that means that an Internet connection is always required to play this, ie no good for those of us with wifi models in commute? Got Internet back on and the game loaded fine, could someone else confirm?

If this is the case, PLEASE get rid of that requirement.

19. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Hmmmm....I just played the game in airplane mode (iPhone 4S) so maybe the problem is not that.
    I even exited the game to main menu, selected campaign and selected one of the saves (I had 2) and continued playing...
    As always it's not a brilliant idea to play on multiple devices without internet because it will mess the sync for sure (sporadic problems wouldn't matter tough).
    If I play one hour on iPhone in airplane mode and then open my iPad, I won't find that save...but I know I'm stating the obvious.

BTW....I didn't used (nor required to use) UPlay at all.
    Maybe it's that?

20. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Actually, you're probably right Pitta. I had an existing Uplay account from PS3 and PC so logged in the first time I played, I would have thought the software would have had the sense to figure you're offline and bypass.

Oh well, as good a reason as any to log out I guess. Thanks for trying it.