Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. jamarohn

jamarohn Active Member

May 18, 2012
    Same here. Been enjoying it quite a bit. What's the issue you're experiencing?

2. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I keep having it get caught at iCloud synching.

3. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I read ubisoft mobile comments about not playing the game with the iPhone plugged into the wall, not let it do iCloud saving... This game looks great but is a total mess.

In my opinion ubisoft should be ASHAMED of themselves for not getting this game fixed. It's actually pretty SAD to think how other snaller developers are so pro-active with getting their game out and working with updates as necessary while a larger developer like ubisoft lets their game just not even work!

I bought it for .99 in early December and am not complaining based on price but why even sell the game and put it on sale when the game doesn't work?

I am unsure if the issue is iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 plus or if this is a different problem? But sure seems WRONG to sell a game on sale when you know many people have the iPhone 6 or 6+ as it is a big seller since launch and not fix the major issues that this game has etc...

Hoping larger developers learn from the smaller developers by communicating with your clients (gamers) and not just put something out and never find the problems and solve the issues.

4. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    Have they fixed the bugs and flaws?

5. nenastya

nenastya Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Female
    Russia
    I don't have any issues on my Ipad mini 1st gen. But I have a question: how to restore purchases in this game? There is no 'RESTORE PURCHASES' button.

6. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I just bought this as it went on sale. I didn't realize how buggy it was until I got stuck in the first chapter. Nothing was where it was supposed to be and I could not progress because the battles were very unbalanced and my character was unable to advance because it could not win any battles. Unfortunately I deleted it, which was too bad because I really liked playing it during the parts that worked. Unless Im just a bad player. I tried to find some walkthroughs but couldn't find anything that was really helpful. If anyone has some ideas Im still open to reinstalling it.

7. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    This is why I don't like to buy games from from big traditional market publishers like EA and Ubi.

Even when they're doing well, there's a chance that they will neglect or even up and abandon a title.

I paid $4.99 for this game btw.

8. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    #568 CoreyFox, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    I bought the game a couple days ago (dollar or two), but there was no background music, just sfx.. Ipad mini 2 with latest OS... The last game update was over 2 years ago.. Deleted the game and got a refund..

9. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I had bought it as well on launch day and I had bought the dlc that unlocks all the characters from the start because I had already completed on PC and xbox 360 and it's a long game. I didn't want to play it again and I would like to play it with my friends with all the characters in multiplayer.
    The save system has problems and it was more compatible with ios 7. From what I remember if you will upgrade your ios version, then you cannot play it at all. No support either. It's like they developed it for ios, maybe the sales numbers were disappointing and they abandoned it.
    Sad..
    It's a fantastic game and I am hoping it will get a sequel but if you cannot play it properly, then it doesn't matter how good it is. It's a broken game..

10. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I agree I had bought this game day one as well and absolutely loved it. I played until it got broken a while back. This game had so much depth and promise and strategy. I do wish they'd make a sequel and also I wish someone would make a puzzle quest 3 (;

11. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I think there's a bug very early on where you can get utterly stuck if you do things in a certain sequence, but once you got past that everything was gravy. Love this game, and I hate all these irritating puzzle bobble rip-offs. The sound bug must be the same thing that's afflicted NFS: Most Wanted and the like. I wonder if there's a single fix for all these games; they should pool their resources. I do think Apple should get more of the scorn than the game companies. It's not entirely their fault that Apple doesn't try to account for potentially screwing up games every time they update.

12. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I actually found a cure for my issue. I went and google'd my problem, and found a post somewhere by someone who had the same problem. He said to double tap your character standing on the stone, not the object you are trying to open. I re-downloaded the game (and it had actually saved my previous game, miraculously) and tried this. Everything then started to work properly and I was able to advance in the game.

13. Pug

Pug Active Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Actually came here in hope of news of a successor: this game is one of my all time favorite (iPhone!)-Games.

Was kind of shocked by the negative vibe in here. Well - Ubisoft certainly deserves nothing else.
    But still - even though there are rough edges (subs totally wrong, long loading times, no decent explanation of "tricks" like the swipe to move, etc.) this game is so awesome I keep reinstalling it after just a couple of weeks.
    I've finished it about 5 times by now. All on iPhone. And now I'm
    Gonna reinstall it.

Greetings. Pug

14. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    For your interest:
    I just installed it in iPad Pro (9.7) with ios 10.2. The game starts and plays but plays awful. First of all it has no music at all!!! ??? I checked the volume slider but no changes. It has only the ambience, e.g. the sound of wind and not the great music..
    Secondly and more important is that the graphics are messed up. The units are downgraded and pixelated not like clear HD graphics. It seems that the resolution has been changed and the pixels are hurt to see.. Sad, we have retina display and the same resolution all these years except ipad pro 12.9 and for whatever reason it changed. This seems horrible. No support at all either. The support actually ended on 16 of July 2013.. Deleted..
    :(

15. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Bummer. Phenomenal game. Needs a sequel.

16. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Started playing this again, probably for the last time, as I'm sure it won't get updated to 64bit. :(
    Such a good game...

17. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    They need a sequel!

I know! I love this game, and there is literally not even an imitation game copying these mechanics out there...well..there IS one...by Mobirix...but its just too much of a disappointment to enjoy.
    I actually just got done playing through this again about 2 weeks ago. I originally played it on the Nintendo DS a looooong time ago...which was its original platform. The mobile version is much updated in comparison...as far as graphics go, but its such a classic...I just can't believe they never made a sequel...or that the core mechanics were never emulated in any other games...it boggles my mind, especially because it was a popular game, and even ended up on xbox arcade and I think also PS 3's store. I would be all OVER another game like this...as I'm sure many others would be.

18. flamerunner07

flamerunner07 Member

Jul 5, 2017
    Excited to play his, this has been recommended by some of my friends. Hope its worth it.:cool:

19. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Actually, there is one, but I'm not positive it is coming to iOS, since it is only in soft launch on Android. It's called Legend of Solgard. It's developed by King, which has another game using some, but not as many of the mechanics. That one is called Stellar: Galaxy Commander, and IS in soft launch on iOS.

20. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Game’s just removed? Or actually region-locked? I can’t even find it among my purchased items, where it was days ago...