Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    What Fangbone said.

2. Llamaentity

Llamaentity Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Just chiming in to what the others said because I know some of this game's devs post here.

My friends and I have long wanted this game but haven't bought it because it still appears to be very buggy after all these updates. I still follow the game though so if it someday runs properly, we will definitely buy this game

3. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    I only played through the first 20 minutes or so, but it's working fine for me on iOS 6.1.2 on an iPhone 5. No artifacts or character weirdness, or any misbehavior I saw.

Guessing this was their primary test platform for iPhone, so if you're on similar HW/OS, it might be safe to give it a shot. Obviously, based on other replies, your mileage may vary.

4. Reluctant Sloth

Jan 30, 2013
    I'm waiting for the bugs to go bye bye as well. Looks fantastic - hope it's fixed soon.

5. Dubl:M

Dubl:M Member

Jan 25, 2013
    I got lucky. Deleted the unplayable(updated) version. Then sync'd with iTunes that still had the older version associated with it. I now have a playable copy on my iphone again!
    Mind you, I have to start campaign from scratch.
    Hope this helps those that sync'd to iTunes after their initial purchase of M&M:CoH but haven't done so since.

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #466 y2kmp3, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    My experience with this new update has been horrific...

The sync is completely broken. The saves are now INCOMPATIBLE between devices if the devices are on different iOS versions. I have a device on 5.1.1 and another device on 6.1.2. If I sync between them, the game crashes whenever I try to load a previous save. The saved game only works if the sync'd device is running on the same iOS version.

This is completely unbelievable. Graphical glitches are annoying but not game breaking. This type of bug, on the other hand, completely breaks the game. If I did not have the foresight to keep the game on both devices before the sync, I would have lost the entire game save.

Update: I then tried to start a new game on a 5.1.1 device. The same bug occurs. The save crashes the game when sync to a 6.1.2 device. This means the sync device is completely restricted to a single iOS, making the feature completely unusable since you cannot upgrade your device to a new firmware without losing your entire game.

7. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    > Graphical glitches are annoying but not game breaking?

Are you sure, see attached screenshot.:)

Attached Files:

8. john360

john360 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I still prefer the classic might & magic, this game ruined it.

9. Dams

Dams Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Don't tease

10. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I have since procured another device running the same iOS version as my own to test the syncing and restore.

THE SYNC IS BROKEN!!!!!

The sync'd saves crash the second device, even if it is using the same iOS version.

As such, the only way the saves can be restored is to the SAME device. If this is the case, what is the point of the sync feature?

I absolutely cannot believe how horribly broken this game is. This is not a new game but a port, and the development team can't even get the most basic feature of a port to function properly.

11. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    What I can't understand is the stellar reviews from review sites. Did they play the same game?? Got paid?? Played 5 mins and assumed the rest was fantastic since it's a port?
    This "game" is a joke, and Ubisoft obviously has no idea how to fix it considering the length of time since initial release and nothing being fixed but in fact being made worse.
    Great job Ubisoft. You all deserve a raise for the level of incompetence you've shown and continue to show

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, if you delete the game and reinstall it, single-device iCloud syncing is very useful indeed.

Ubisoft doesn't (and shouldn't) have a great reputation in the App Store, but blame for the problems with this game should be blamed on the developer, TAG Games. Anyone who purchase AstroRanch is not surprised by the way this port turned out.

That said, I haven't lost a save on my iPhone 5 since the update, which I see as a huge improvement. Why didn't Ubisoft issue an emergency patch that removed iCloud syncing until the problem could be ironed out, I have no idea. Save-game corruption is about the worst problem an RPG can have; the fact that a fix took over a month is mindbogglingly incompetent.

As to the issue with the positive reviews, it has nothing to do with payoffs. Several review sites mentioned these same problems. Others most likely played through the campaign in a few long sessions, which likely minimized the chances of running into major issues.

13. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Will there be a new update soon?

14. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    There was an update, is it playable yet?

15. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    I have the same question. Could anybody post a list of game-breaking bugs after update?

16. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    what were the game breaking bugs? been playing single mode only but this game is good on my iphone 5

17. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Game Impressions

Not a lot of love for this game on this thread which is understandable given the issues people seem to be having but I wanted to add my experience to the mix.

I haven't had any problems except a random crash or two (and the time played issue). Played all the way through on two devices (iphone 4s with latest ios update and ipad mini with 6.1) I loved it! One of my favorite games by far on an idevice. I can count on one hand the number of mobile games I have played to completion and this is one of them. Gameplay has a ton of strategy, animation/ graphics are top notch, hours of playtime...I thought it was great. Never had any syncing issues ,which after reading through this thread makes me feel pretty lucky, and I was switching between the ipad and iphone pretty frequently. Hope this helps!

*I haven't updated to the latest version yet (the one that came out today 3/12/13).

18. vesp67

vesp67 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    I updated to the new version that was released and so far so good. I haven't encountered any bugs yet. It not crashing and the invisibility problem was fixed

19. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    #479 Joltrabbit, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    Sounds positive but afraid to say I'm waiting for more feedback. I use a 4S if anyone else has updated their copy.

20. otawong

otawong Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Like many other people on here I've had this game on my watch list for sometime now and I'm wondering what the playability is like after the recent updates. Planning on playing on my iPad(4th gen) if anyone has iPad play feedback in particular.

Loved this game on the DS and I really want to give it another go. Sadly this game seems like it launched fairly broken and doesn't seem all that much better now. Still, I continue to hope.