Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Dubl:M

Dubl:M Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Playing on iphone4, v6.1
    Only issue I experienced pre-update was clock problem. Its now unplayable with inability to see any units, illustrated by the screen shot I've posted recently in this thread.

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #442 New England Gamer, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    This is what I am referring to -- twisting the problem around. I understand what NEEDS to happen for iCloud to sync and having enough space etc, but there needs to be a better way to phrase it Ubi so that you don't sound condescending. If you are the PR person you really should work on that.

Edit: (besides I did all that and have plenty of memory; so what now? happens on two different devices)

3. Ubi_Irina

Ubi_Irina Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Thank you for details

Thank you, the dev team is now working on it and trying to reproduce the same bug. Sorry not to be able to help you straight away. I will get back as soon as I have more details on this "invisibility" bug.

@ALL: generally speaking, if you're experiencing visual or textures issues, we also strongly suggest updating the OS of your device for an optimal experience.

4. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Was going to re-download but apparently it's a buggy mess and I definitely regret giving them my money for such a lack of care and the robotic communication we get here. Might check it out on my PC or DS but I was really thinking it'd be awesome on my iPad and was interested in the online multiplayer. (More issues lol)

5. Zithal

Zithal Active Member

Aug 19, 2010
    This game is an embarrassment. The developers should be extremely ashamed of taking a game that has been awesome on all other platforms and destroying it on this one.

Do we have any recourse to ask for refunds on defective software?

6. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    ...I know this is a standard, catch-all kind of line, but really, there was rarely a situation when anyone could point out what "optimal" would be, or really update iOS versions to fix this kind of specific things. In fact, the opposite has happened more often than not, where games being developed end up crashing in the latest iOS versions and are patched afterwards.

So, please, don't throw this out there unless you really have something to back it up like "there is a known problem with iOS vX.XX, so if you update to a later version, that would be fixed". Otherwise, that advice is not only a waste of time, but also quite uninformed and showing that there's not only much of a clue of what's going on, but also that there's no real interest in trying to fix the existing proble, rather diverting the attention to "hey, there's this very slim chance your problem is not caused by us. Try this."

And yes, in the rare case that fixes it, it will always seem it happened by luck, and not because the company actually had an idea of what was going on.

Regards,

Paulo

7. Ubi_Irina

Ubi_Irina Member

Jan 8, 2013
    #447 Ubi_Irina, Feb 28, 2013
    Details needed

Sorry if my any of my answers seemed "robotic". It was not meant to sound this way:(.

So, this app is optimized for iPhone 5 while it is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Actually devs are working on bugs you have been reporting since yesterday ("invisibility" for instance) that is why I asked earlier what was your device and OS version you have been playing on. This information will help devs to reproduce the bug and to fix it.
    I will make sure to keep you updated about further fixes.

8. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Gosh, updated and now i got the ghost characters too...Please fix it!!:confused:

9. Ubi_Irina

Ubi_Irina Member

Jan 8, 2013
    What is your device and OS version please? I will transfer this information to the dev team

10. Endeauvirr

Endeauvirr Active Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Really glad that someone taking care for this game. Im waiting for those bugs fixed and im buying the game :)

11. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Did you even read my issue? I updated fine but when I start the game, it says syncing to iCloud and never progresses. Seriously, your answers just makes it seem you have no clue and that I can expect for this game never to work. If you can't even read a sentence right and try and blame the error on me is sad.

12. blackiepang

blackiepang Active Member

Nov 25, 2011
    #452 blackiepang, Feb 28, 2013
    posted in wrong thread please delete

13. blackiepang

blackiepang Active Member

Nov 25, 2011
    #453 blackiepang, Feb 28, 2013
    posted in wrong thread please delete

14. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks for the reply, and by all means, I was also not trying to be overly dismissive.

I appreciate that you're trying to fix these issues with the developers - thanks for the prompt follow up.

15. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ugh gameplay time still not fixed for me on my iPhone 5 or iPad 3.

16. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Waited for the updates and bug fixes, and now it's just unplayable! I can understand adding things on later and they don't work correctly, but this game shouldn't have been released yet with this many fatal bugs in just the campaign mode. Most of the time, it crashes on launch, before you get to even try to load the game. That's just nuts.

iPod 4gen not hacked in any way!

17. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    iPhone 4, OS 6.0.1.
    After updated, invisible characters on maps, black blocks in actual game battle screen. Totally broken, please fix it ASAP. Thx.

18. ripp1980

ripp1980 New Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #458 ripp1980, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    Ruńning on 3GS 16 GB IOS 6.1.2 (10B146), reporting invisible chars after update to 1.20 as well.
    I'm disappointed because i love the game.

19. Caipa

Caipa Active Member

Feb 24, 2009
    The game is so filled with bugs that even the uplay menu is broken as shown in the image. Also whenever I open the app it shows a popup button without any text on it, weird.

It is now my third attempt to play the game. This time I reinstalled it completely. Let's see how it goes.

Attached Files:

20. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I keep going back and forth on this game. I'd really like to give it a try yet it seems the developers can't get the game to run properly. I'm guessing that there are many others out there sitting on the fence waiting for the developers to finally get it right. Maybe next update they'll nail it and we can give it a whirl. Get it together now