Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Ya after reading reviews on the AppStore and everything here I think I'll wait till they update it. If they even do update it. Which I really hope they do.

2. hydrodj

hydrodj Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    Not crashed once in many hours play on iPhone 5

3. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I was having a lot of fun until Nadia's chapter. IMO, it's so tedious and unbalanced; your units do paltry damage even if they make their way to the end-zone.

4. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Only the musket holding ones (don't recall there name). They are meant to be wall damages. If you don't like that, then switch them out. She is actually has some of the more interesting and tactual units.

5. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Any update on the door, Ubisoft!?

6. ArPak

ArPak Member

Jun 20, 2010
    iPhone 5 user here... The game is great but it always crashes during the boss fights. Im on the 2nd playable char. in the campaign and this is the 2nd time I've had crashes during the boss fights. First boss took me 4 fights to finish. Really hope a fix comes out for these crashes

7. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    So, a small question here: does this have local, offline multiplayer - as in pass and play?

Is it any good?

Cheers,
    Paulo

8. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Yes, the game has pass & play. I haven't played multiplayer much, mostly really enjoying the main campaign still, but it seems decent.

9. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks for the replies. That's one thing to consider then.

Still going through Puzzle Quest 1 HD though, but this will be next in line :)

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Really love this game. Combat is a blast, just wish there were ways to grind to level up. Even the side quests can be pretty brutal in difficulty.

11. coccodrillo

coccodrillo Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Played now until World 2 and the game never crashed on my iPad 3, playing now for 129 hours and 50 minutes ;)

12. Stustaff

Stustaff Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    There are plenty of fights which you can replay even after wining and random battles all good for grinding.

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I'm on the 3rd campaign with an iPad 3 and no crashes during the game itself... Now attempting to play online battles crashes me every time, I can't even accept invites :(

14. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    So I think I've noticed an immensely frustrating bug, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

Sometimes during the campaign, I start rounds with only two move points instead of three. I haven't done anything to spend a move point, and the game just randomly docks me one. It's especially rage-inducing when I'm carefully planning out a sequence of moves that uses up three move points per round, and suddenly I get hit with a random two.

This happen to anyone else, or am I just really unlucky?

15. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Is it when you're starting a match? Generally there's a penalty for getting initiative if you are fighting against someone at a lower level. If you attack someone with a higher level they get the first round penalty.

16. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    If i remember correctly, some of the side quests are MUCH harder than the main quest. There should never be a need to grind in this game, generally speaking, unless you are trying to level a specific unit before a boss fight or something.

If a side quest is too hard, you might simply leave it for later.

17. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I noticed it when I started a match, but the odd thing was that I played the same quest fight twice and I got the penalty the first time, but not the second.

I think you're right about it being a level-related handicap, though. It's never happened in a side-quest or boss fight, as best as I can remember.

Thanks for the reply!

18. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    I finished the campaign yesterday,unlocked all speacial units,defeated all the puzzle fights,finished all sidequests and completed all the artifacts in one play through...But it seems the four bosses are still locked on multiplayer mode,so is there a way to get them with-out IAP??I was led to believe you can unlock everything with-out paying anything by one of Irina's statements on the upcoming thread..

Anyway I must say though that this is one of the best strategy games I've played..For my opinion by playing on the Ipad,a very good port(I have to agree with pocket gamer's review)..Comparing this vs. square's port of FFT:War of lions for the Ipad,well it was miles apart if you ask me..

19. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    dev - if you're listening. I hope you guys make a sequel this game. I finished this game a few years back on the DS... and yet i still find it really fun and refreshing on the ipad.

20. KiwiRed

KiwiRed Active Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Christchurch, NZ
    Game Impressions

Gave it a try and... Well, I have this little foible when it comes to a game's UI. I don't give a darn how pretty it is, I don't enjoy waiting for all the pretty animations to finish before I can do anything. Call me impatient. But attack, wait, wait, wait, defend, wait, wait, wait... Maybe the gameplay is fun, I got tired of waiting and deleted it. (Yes, I'm that petty - and wish I could get a refund.)