Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Impressions

Impressions Member

Mar 21, 2012
    They really need to fix the bugs in this game. I just lost hours of progress after my save file gets corrupted and had to create a new one. Even though I was able to make another save to keep my campaign progress, all my unlocked artifacts and characters from earlier chapters are wiped from my online play. The game itself is good but this port just makes me feel like the devs didn't bother with QC.

2. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    double tap outside the battle screen

3. ArPak

ArPak Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before but when I was fighting the first boss as Elves I had the game crashed on my 3 times... Was pretty frustrating seeing as all 3 times I almost finished the fight... 4th time I finally killed him with no crashes...

This is on iPhone 5 btw..

4. bruab

bruab Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Same thing happened to me on an iPad Mini, until I rebooted.

This game is teh awesome. I played for about 10 hours yesterday. They keep adding new wrinkles to the mix. Then you beat the boss and move on to the next area, and you have to start all over again with new pieces. I love it!

5. HadToDoItToEm

HadToDoItToEm Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Melbourne, FL
    Its actually triple tap to toggle the battle grid.

6. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    I think I'm going to have to delete this I never do this but the 1.9 gig file is way too big for me to have to keep wishing for a zoom option on my iPhone5....and the crashes make it even worse ,three-star rate with Hope for update

Great game ...in need of a Great update

7. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You can zoom into your side of the field during battle.

Really wish higher resolution sprites were used in battle though considering they're on the phone already. It looks like crap once you zoom in.

8. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    #348 Trev1, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    Really? I was told we can't, I tried double tappin but no go...how do you.
    My apologies devs

Edit...just tried to fire up the app at work after hearing this news and I've been "syncing to icloud" for like 6 min...
    :(

REDIT- so I finally Got fed up and decided to go into my settings and erase all of my cloud saves from this game and decided to start over ....when I did I found that was very easy to zoom with just a pinch thanks for the tip can't believe I didn't realize that....DOOH

9. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I'm hoping the crashing will get fixed quickly, it really takes away from a good game.

10. bizzy511

bizzy511 Active Member

Mar 30, 2012
    I'm really enjoying this game so far. Are there any other games like this on the iphone? The closest game i've played like this i think is called puzzle saga, but I feel like this game is a little more strategic.

11. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Game is very good but fuzzy assets outside of battles is a bit disappointing.

12. TheOctagonTheory

TheOctagonTheory Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    semi-retired
    Tokyo, Japan
    Try Ravenmark. spades of strategy. But a warning...it's not cute and childish like Clash of Heroes: https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/ravenmark-soe-episodic/id570612110?l=en&mt=8

13. bizzy511

bizzy511 Active Member

Mar 30, 2012
    thanks for the recommendation, but before i download it, is the battle gameplay like clash of heroes? the match 3 type formula, or is it more like final fantasy tactics gameplay?

thanks

14. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    ChronoSgear is very similar in gameplay and has a pretty good storyline. I don't think it is as polished as this one, but for the price I think it's worth a look if you are looking for the same type gameplay.

15. soulhacker

soulhacker New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    I first successfully complete iPad 3 / iPhone 5 sync once, and play on iPad for a while. When I again try to sync to iPhone, it freeze on the start iCloud syncing screen. Then I use iExplorer to manually copy the iCloud save file to my iPhone, it works and can be loaded and let me continue to play, BUT all play time became 100+ hours(the time even longer than all time since I bought and downloaded the game!). Maybe not a exact issue reproduction guide but the time stamp problem may lead to some clue. Good luck!

16. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009

All you have to do is let all the load screens load up then iCloud sync works fine.

17. MacinJosh

MacinJosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    If I tap to bypass logos, I insta-crash at iCloud sync. If I don't tap, I'll get tot the game select screen but crash as soon as I select something. Friggin frustrating...

18. Impressions

Impressions Member

Mar 21, 2012
    I just tried out the MP part of the game and I must say I've never regretted buying a game this much. EVERY game where I start a match and wait for others to join, the units I chose when creating the match is completely different than the ones available during the match.

Coupled with all the other issues with this game I must say this is the worst piece of crap I've ever bought.

19. bizzy511

bizzy511 Active Member

Mar 30, 2012
    THANKS! its a fun game, exactly what i was looking for.

20. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Bleh, black screen out of nowhere.