Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Really? Well I have only been using my iPad so maybe it's just an issue of the iPad not doing it correctly?

2. Senza

Senza Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Hey all - I've found a workaround for the iCloud sync issues. I can now switch back and forth between my iPhone and iPad immediately.

Here is what i did:
    On the device with the most recent gameplay - Obviously save your game and then exit current game through menu.

On the device you want the save synced to - Double tap home and kill the currently running "Clash" game. Restart the game. NOW HERE'S THE IMPORTANT PART!!! - DON'T TOUCH THE SCREEN! Let the Ubisoft, CAPY, and taggames logos play through. I found that whenever I tap the screen to bypass the starting logos and quickly get into game I get stuck on the "Syncing iCloud" screen. If you let it run through you should get the screen that says "There was a conflict when syncing your save from iCloud..blah blah" Tap "Use Cloud" twice..I don't know why twice :confused: The game should load normally!

I've synced back and forth numerous times doing this. Let me know if this works for you guys as well!

3. ttocs

ttocs Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Sr. Data Analyst
    Baltimore, MD
    Wow, that worked! Thanks man!

4. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Brilliant! Worked for me as well! Thanks so much for this - should clue in the devs too as to perhaps what's going wrong here.

5. Senza

Senza Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Awesome! Glad it's working for you guys! Yes, hopefully this turns out to be a quick fix for the devs.

6. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Question to those in the know. I've never payed Might and Magic and, on my iDevices, prefer more casual games in large part due to time constraints (dad, job, after school/work activities).

Will this game work for me or is the learning curve and/or play pace likely too slow? I rarely get a solid hour to play anything.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think the pace is a little slow especially that the game allows for highly strategic "moves" (think chess). But you can grind a bit later on and you can overpower enemies without much strategy to a certain extent.

Overall though, i think it isnt for anyone who cant spend time playing it.

There's a somewhat similar game that has a faster pacing which you may find more suited to your gametime... It's totally different, but has the same match-3 to attack concept. Puzzle Saga.

8. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I really enjoy the game so far but the semi unresponsive controls are hurting it for me. Also looking for MP buddies I'm RichRuzz on GC

9. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Hooray! Somebody get that man a drink!

I didn't need to go back to my previous device and exit from the menu after saving. Just keeping my hands away from the loading screens was enough.

10. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    #310 badmanj, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    Deleted

11. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    The pace isn't fast, but most of the battles are pretty short. The battle system is easy to get started, but there are some nuances too if you really want to plan and strategize. Since it is turn-based, there's no reason you can't stop in the middle of a fight if you need to and pick it up later.

12. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    This is one of the best games out there.

13. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I've found that if I'm properly challenging myself (seeking out ambush, taking bounties that are 2-3 levels above me) that battles can last 15+ minutes. The solo campaign can take 15-20 hours. I've been playing for at least 5 and I'm only in the third section. I'd definitely recommend this if you find yourself with some extra time on your hands.

Compared to a lot of ios games that's anything but short. I think of "casual" on ios as a game you can play for 5 minute chunks, doesn't require much thought, and can usually be played with one hand/finger. Burrito Bison is a perfect example of what a casual ios game is. This game definitely doesn't fall into that category.

The person who recommended Puzzle Saga was right. If you want casual that may be what you'd want to go for.

14. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Try chronoSGear its what this game is but a little tougher.

15. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    There a fix for the stuck on syncing from the cloud bug?

16. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I sank ~15 hours into the PC version and I'm only at the 4th character. Granted, I did a good chuck of the side battles and basically every random battle I encountered. There's a TON of gameplay here but it's really not casual. The battles take time, especially as you progress with each character.

And, to add, zooming in on the iPhone makes it SO much more playable!

17. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Yes, just let the intro logos play all the way through. The 'conflict' message will pop up after them.

18. vesp67

vesp67 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Loving this game!

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Agreed.

20. whereswally

whereswally Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm fighting Azexes, but half way to the fight the game always quit by itself, anybody having this problem?