Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Glad to hear the issues are being worked on! Will the time played bug be fixable?

No the red button is to delete the unit. It's supposed to mimic deleting items from the multitasking bar on your iphone/iPad.

2. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Well, i never press the minus sign, yet i always delete the units when touching them... and im on my ipad, i think it's big enough to know what I'm touching

So i will say this... i might be wrong about the minus sign deselecting units since it seems to do it randomly... but touching the unit DEFINITELY deletes it

3. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    What about the time played bug?

4. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    There are a lot more bugs than try have even noted there.... Will be interesting how well they fix them all.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

Played this last night after the kiddo's went to bed and wow I am hooked! I stayed up a lot later than normal just because I wanted to get 1 more fight in or do one more quest lol

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Did that to me too.

7. Tetrs

Tetrs New Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Online multiplayer moves should be recorded, if you call for reinforcements and dont like them, just quit the game and return so you can redo your moves, and if you are the first to play in the game, you can quit and return as much as you wish until you like the initial draw. For me, this is game breaking for online multiplayer.

Sorry for bad english

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    We are 3 then.
    I think I've almost completed the first region....so good, so good!!!!

I LOVE the animations....oh! Those skeletons...and those huge griffons!!!!

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #289 Cilo, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    It's definitely the minus sign on iphone 5. I couldn't tell you how it works on iPad.

It's a shame this main thread is more of a bug/ui discussion, hopefully someone might start another to talk about strats, unit combos, fusion/link help.

10. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Ubi_Irina,

Please also investigate the timer bug. The campaign time is showing some strange large number of hours the game has been played, even though the game has just started.

11. Ubi_Irina

Ubi_Irina Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Hello y2kmp3 and others,

We're currently investigating the "timer bug" issues.
    I'll keep you posted.

12. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    You're right. Tapping and holding causes the wiggle and tapping the unit again deletes it.

You're NOT supposed to be tapping the red icon. It is there only as a visual indicator of you completing the tap and hold action needed to delete. The reason tapping the red icon deletes randomly is because it is hovering over the hitbox of the unit in front if it, so the game is confused as to which unit is being tapped.

You'll also notice overlap issues when fighting the Academy units. Activated units stand on glowing discs that encroach the next lanes, the game will then flip between them putting one on top of the other. Academy walls also have this issue as the seem in between them jumps left to right.

The red icon has priority and always stay on top visually but there's a conflict on tapping so the game is switching between the two functions. Could be fixed by disabling the unit in front of the unit to be deleted allowing you a larger area to tap and successfully delete your unit.

13. Senza

Senza Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I too was annoyed with this. After a little trial and error I found that if you tap and HOLD on a unit you can move your finger around to each unit and see the stats!

I wish the tutorial in this game did a better job of letting you know how to navigate the UI. It seems a lot is left to the user to figure out (pinch to zoom during battles, triple tap number stats etc). It's very possible all this is explained during the loading screens but honestly the game loads so fast I don't have time to read them! Def not complaining though!

Great game btw. Really enjoying what I've played so far!

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Gotta say that despite the issues brought up, I really love this game. It is a bit difficult on the smaller screen of an iPhone. But the game is fun enough that the occasional mistake I make is worth it.

15. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    I have both a iPad and a iphone5 ... Although I love gaming on my iPad most of my day consists of having my phone in hand and therefore gaming more with my phone....I feel like I love this game on the iPad but WANT to love it more on my phone BUT being this a visual character based game I feel that on the phone it needs to be more zoomed in or at least give us a option to?....even if the standard screen images were even just a tiny bit upscaled to be seen better..does anyone agree? Can the devs handle this if so? Thank you for a great game !

16. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    I didn't know this. That is a pretty significant issue. Well, I only tried multiplayer once and it isn't the main draw of this game. Still, I doubt I'll bother to play it if this is the case.

17. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Not sure if this has been mentioned as its not a big deal but on the victory screen, the fortification (arm) and attack (sword) icons for the regular units should be reversed.

Game is amazing! Spent a considerable amount of time in the grotto just fighting random battles and leveling up my units.

18. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Urgently need an update!
    The action is too small on the iPhone 5!
    Why not incorporate better touch controls, or vistual pad and buttons for greater vey? A Zoom battles better and that is adjustable to taste. You might also want a camera that focuses on the moments of action on the battlefield!
    A very bad port .... Hopefully Ubisoft to put the batteries!

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I did try this on the 4S and it played pretty poorly due to the very small touch-boxes.

This would definitely be a problem, more so for those with huge hands.

Would have been perfect if it was ipad-only, but hey, im just glad it is on the ipad.

20. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    That's weird because I've played 4 hours at this point on the iphone and tapping the red icon never fails, not once. So not sure what to make of that.