Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Mine was near 8 hours. I tried to save and the game said my file was corrupt and deleted it. I tried saving again and my file was gone so I picked an empty slot and tried saving again.

I didn't lose any progress but my time stamp was reset and I got a hell of a scare

2. uaq

uaq Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I'm having more trouble now. Trying to delete units from battle is proving to be really frustrating. 90% it works fine, you hold your finger down on the unit until the circle fills and then you tap the red delete button. Sometimes this just doesn't work. I'm beginning to think that maybe there's a weird condition that I am unaware of where you can't delete units in a battle, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Omfg! No I didn't!
    And I bet not many did.
    Gonna try this later when I can. Thanks!

4. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

No - the red x is to cancel the delete. Just tap again directly on the unit to confirm delete.

5. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    There's a bug where sometimes the tap and hold action stops working. I posted a page or two back that in the campaign you can pause then resume to fix it.

6. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Yup I've experienced that bug as well. On top of the iCloud sync bug and the time stamp bug.

This is such a terrible port. But I keep coming back here because I am HOOKED on this game.

7. battlebotscott

battlebotscott New Member

Jan 25, 2013
    The same thing happened to me, but I got the corrupt save file message after I hit the exit button. I lost all my progress.

The game is so good I'm risking loosing my data again by starting a new game before an update comes out. I can't help myself. :(

8. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Anyone else having trouble with the touch screen? I'm playing on the iPhone and when i highlight an unit and drag it, often in time, it is the wrong unit. Is there a way to click and drop or something, i just feel the control is quiet annoying.

9. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Just one with the bad time counters in the campaign showing hundreds of hours. Does anyone actually have the time counters working normally? Or are they ALL bad?

10. Omn1c1d3

Omn1c1d3 Member

Oct 14, 2012
    I'm stuck on sync to iCloud. What do I do?

11. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Is this true? I came in to check how the game played on an iPhone 5 because it seemed like it would be tiny, and I saw a few complaints saying just that, but if you can zoom in that would help a lot.

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    It is true.
    You can zoom in but it's not a progressive zoom that we're used to.
    It will zoom you in on only your half, or only the opponents half. Helps a bit, but you'll still have to come back out to get your bearings against the opponent. Still helps.

Also, to the guy that said when deleting units, you DON'T press the red minus sign that appears, rather the unit itself, that's not true. IT IS the red minus that you need to press.

13. uaq

uaq Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Excellent. I can't count how many battles were most likely lost on this bug.

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I've lost track of the number of games I've downloaded with major day 1 bugs:
    this (iCloud - can't play at all)
    Joe Danger (iPad 4th gen bug, I still can't complete the game due to another bug)
    Hundreds (iCloud bug, leaderboards still not working)
    Infestor (achievement glitches, glitches which kill you for no reason)

Can someone remind me why I bother buying any iOS games when they first come out?

15. X-Spitfire

X-Spitfire Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Another slightly annoying thing is when you want to check stats of your units (outside of the battle and in the multiplayer menu as well). Everytime you tap the unit to see the details you HAVE TO equip it. You can't simply tap the other one to see its properties.

16. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    In combat I have somehow managed to invoke a mode where I have a grid over the battlefield and numbers on each unit. It's virtually impossible to see the units under the numbers in this mode so I would like to switch this off again...

But I have no idea how I managed to get into it and no matter what I try now, I can't figure out how to turn it off... anyone?!

Jamie.

17. Ubi_Irina

Ubi_Irina Member

Jan 8, 2013
    #277 Ubi_Irina, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    Hello Heroes,

We, at Ubisoft, are following this thread and checking the reported issues. First of all, we’re deeply sorry and sad to read some of you are encountering issues. We’ll do our best to make sure the major ones are fixed as soon as possible. Here are some answers to your comments:

- Talking to NPC: As some of you noticed, you have to touch the node under your hero to talk to NPCs. We noticed this issue some time ago and we’ll fix it in a future update, to provide you the best game experience. Meanwhile, you’ll have to touch the node. Sorry about that!

- Battles on iPhone / iPod: There are lots of (tiny) assets displayed on the screen. That's why we implemented a zoom feature during battles (as mentioned by Dubl:M sooner in this thread). You just need to use the pinch-in / pinch-out zoom feature to increase your accuracy, preventing you from doing mistakes.

- Landscape / Portrait: Well, you’re right… and wrong at the same time! :) This topic has been a hot one on our side for a long time, but we decided to go for landscape for 2 main reasons. The first one is a development reason. All assets, all screens, created for the HD versions, are in landscape mode, meaning we would have to rework all assets, review all screens to make them fit in portrait. The second one is an usability reason. Going for portrait wouldn’t have improved the usability as assets wouldn’t be bigger. Indeed, iPhone/iPod screens are not wide enough to display the whole UI… meaning assets would still be really tiny.

- Syncing iCloud: This bug has been reported during our tests… and we thought it was fixed. Unfortunately, it seems we fixed most cases, but not all of them. We’ll try to reproduce on our end, finding 100% repro steps and fix it as soon as possible. If by any chance, some of you find how to easily reproduce it, do not hesitate to provide us the steps! It would be greatly appreciated. Meanwhile, in order to keep enjoying the game, you can disable iCloud, or at least turn off Documents & Data (please note that iOS says that disabling it will delete all files stored on iCloud for your device) or play in airplane mode (but that’s not really convenient…).

- Install Size: We all agree that the game is huge! 2GB is quite some space on your devices, but we didn’t have the choice, as we wanted to offer you guys a game experience close (or even similar) to the one you could experience on HD versions (Steam, PS3 and Xbox 360). So we decided to go for great assets resolution (Retina one, I can assure you!), but we also had to integrate all other resolutions for lower end devices (such as iPhone 3GS and iPad 1). Moreover, don’t forget that the game content is also HUGE! You have 5 full campaigns (for more than 20 hours of gameplay), with unique backgrounds for each of them, a lot of units / creatures. So basically, you’ll ask us: Why is it written 508MB in the App Store? Well that’s pretty simple. The game archive is well compressed, in order to decrease the amount of data you’ll need to download. After downloading them, the game archive is unzipped to provide a good game experience, with short loading times.

Don’t forget to keep submitting your feedback and continuing to help us improving the game.
    We love hearing from you!

18. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    the Red Minus button it to deselect the unit.... to delete it you press the unit...

Nice to know you guys are listening and responding :D

And as for the issue with the NPC... Yeah, I am one that believed that in order to talk to an NPC, i had to tap it.. I tapped furiously for 5 minutes before realizing i could try tapping the node too

19. X-Spitfire

X-Spitfire Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Just do the triple tap.

20. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    It's good to know that there is a zoom feature, but it could be highlighted to the player in game, rather than needing to search internet forums for it, which most users won't do.

For the iCloud issue, I played on my 4S until I went through the portal and was asked to save. I then continued on iPad 3rd gen for about an hour then did a manual save from the menu immediatey after a battle and stopped. Next morning, I couldn't play at all on iPhone. Turning off iCloud and losing other data isn't an option for me, and airplane mode won't get me back that hour of lost play, so guess I'm waiting for a fix.

About the file size, the game is well compressed for download as you note. Could installed space be reduced by only unpacking assets required on that device (i.e. leave the retina iPad assets zipped up on iPhone)? Just a thought.