Universal Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It is a full game without the iap. It is the same game that was released on ds, pc, xbla, and psn. The bosses were added later as optional multiplayer content. In those versions you could not unlock them in single player.

If you truly don't see this as a full game in the case they are not unlocked in the single player, would be foolish as it is a long 15-25 hour single player and a great capability for online play.

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I went on the extra mile and tried to screw the system playin on iPad, turning off router, resuming on iPhone, causing network problems.
    After a while the game detected the problems and warned me the iCloud and local versions were not in sync and asked me which one to use.

WORKED LIKE A CHARM.

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Here it's fine...I checked and in all 3 saves it states the hour correctly (8 minuts in, 1 hour and 1 hour and 58 minutes).

4. so does anyone know whether this version addresses the colourblind issue? I bought the original DS game and couldn't even complete the first training mission as I couldn't distinguish between my units :(

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Enjoying the game so far, but the touch controls are a little rough. I don't have big hands and have had several mistakes of moving people where I didn't want them to go. Maybe some more practice will help.

And not sure if this is a 3GS problem, but found that if I minimize the game, my entire phone locks up for about a minute.

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Now...after 2 more solid hours with the game I can say: it's OUTSTANDING.
    Honestly...it's MORE than I hoped it would have been.
    I never dared to hope for Universal, iCloud, async multiplayer...and I really feared for a compromised port from the HD version.
    I was REALLY REALLY skeptical at first, expecially after hearing about port quirks from previews.
    Well...it must be a different version for sure because as hard as I tried, I had no problems whatsoever.
    Nothing, nada, zero.
    On the contrary...a bit like my emotions with Bastion...I have now this gorgeous world in my hands, with this incredibly compelling and strategic gameplay to master.
    I absolutely had no tapping problems....I hear many have problems getting rid of a unit.
    I feel it absolutely natural...it is EXACTELY when you delete an app from your springboard, just you have to press a bit more (you have a cool flashing circle that fills itself...when it's filled you simply tap the red minus).
    I swipe for every other interactions (both on the main map and in the gameplay screen).
    If I MUST find a quirk I can say that sometimes the subtitles (in Italian) use words longer than the squared box that should contain them (happened 2 times...I wish I could select the English ones to check) and some menus backgrounds are dithered (really strange...they could have used a solid brown for the menus).
    When you exit to the main menu a big ADs appear...you will probably never see this.
    Ok...other than that it is a freaking fantastic port of a freaking fantastic game.
    This is valid if from the second world onward the game doesn't transforms itself in utter crap...but I strongly find it hard to belive :p

BTW...I went the extra mile and checked the 360 version...they are identical BAR two important things:
    1) iPad loading is MUCH faster (you can't even read the hints)
    2) Tapping is sooooooooooooooooooo much better than pad on this game.

iCloud works LIKE A CHARM.
    It even detected I had network problems when I opened the game on my iPhone and asked me which saves I want to use (local or iCloud, which were not in sync because of the network problems).

This game, like others in the past (Bastion come to mind) is how you treat iOS world like a triple A console (with the right games...not absurd adaptation of first person shooters that on iOS are crap imho).

Now back to playing...must put to use those cool Elite Units I just unlocked.

EDIT: I forgot to say...I do not know if it's a promotional thing...but the price is a real STEAL....before arguing about iAPs please inform yourself better...there is even an official statement about them by Ubisoft itself on this very forum (upcoming thread).

7. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Maaaan ... This game was so hard on the DS :p
    I need this.

8. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    OK Pitta you convinced me, will download tonight when I get home!

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Like chess, i wouldnt want an undo button. Maybe for singleplayer, yeah, but not for multiplayer... Which i havent tested yet.

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    :)
    I was talking about the port, I already knew the game is fantastic, but I love these kind of games.
    IMHO, since Puzzle Quest, it's the best RPG/Puzzle/strategic blend out there...and I'm sooooooo glad I can finally play it on my iPad.

BTW:I'm not ignoring our BotB game...must clean some other things before accepting...have faith!

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Drag and drop works like a charm for me as the lanes they are going to be moved into is highlighted.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Yeah me too.
    I find the controls absolutely spot on and very natural.
    WAAAAAY faster than using the XBOX pad.
    This game screamed for touch controls.

13. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Yeah Puzzle Quest was one of my favorite iOS games a few years back in spite of the flawed port. This match three RPG has me intrigued.

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    To be fair gameplay is very different...but I think you will like it :)

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Don't have a problem with the touch system in general and like that it highlights where it's supposed to go, but the lanes are just small on an iPhone. And again, maybe just on the 3GS, at times moving lanes is a bit unresponsive and others too quick to respond.

I'll try a hard reset to see if it helps.

But I do love the game overall.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So... icloud works fine on this right?

Im getting my ipad mini next week so im not sure if i should just wait for the new ithing or go ballistic on the ipad3 now.

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Did a hard reset and everything is much better now. Controls are responsive and no more freezing when the app is minimized.

Now I need time to dig into this more!

18. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Yup, it does work. I think a few of us are having issues with it but you might be fine.

19. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Does anyone not have sound besides voice over though the speakers? iPhone 5 and 4s have the same issue.

20. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    What device you were playing on?