Universal Midnight Star Renegade (By Industrial Toys)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'll list the stats. Its pretty insane. Is the added fire damage /2 as well, adjusting for elemental weaknesses/resistances? It has fire damage as well.

2. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    1 grenade plus 2 burst shots = dead zone one boss in about 0.25 seconds. :)

3. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I guess it's up to the RNG-I've gotten 2 or three, including my best pair of boots. They are awesome. They let you junp over walls in roofless environments.

4. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    If it helps, you can change the tap offset in the options. The default is to shoot above where you place your finger. I changed it to direct-so my bullets go exactly where I touch. There is at least one more option,

5. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ok-here are the stats on the grenade I'm currently. Using:

Legendary Barrier Grenade-260 (not 300+ as I had thought):
    +2423 damage
    +1632 fire damage
    +682 explosion radius
    +19 children
    7sec cooldown effect type explosion

From the stats in the box in the corner-
    4054/4500 damage
    Explosion radius 682/1000
    Cooldown 6/3

Anyone know how that ranks as a special?

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I crafted my first (completely random) legendary the other day, and it was a grenade as well. Here are the stats to compare to yours:

280 Legendary RMS Grenade
    Trigger Type: Cluster Grenade

5s Cooldown
    +689 Explosion Radius
    +2,640 Damage
    +1,637 Electricity Damage
    +17 Children
    Effect Type: Explosion

DAMAGE: 4276/4500
    EXPLOSION RADIUS: 689/1000
    COOLDOWN: 5/3

I also got my first legendary from a normal crate tonight (giving me two legendaries total).

AND IT WAS JUMP BOOTS FINALLY! Yessss

7. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Congrats! I got mine pretty early. Luck of the draw, I guess.

I played through the weekly challenge again and netted over 1000 coins, much to my surprise. As of now, sans a nefing update, this game is the -good-kind of free to play. You CAN legitimately earn stuff by playing, without hitting a hidden paywall.

8. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I thought of something that would GREATLY reduce frustration in this game: There should be a minimap in the corner of the screen to show where enemies are. I know there are already indicators on the left and right of the screen, and they are helpful, but a map would help a lot more. It really sucks getting in the heat of the battle with enemies pouring in from all sides, you're fully zoomed in trying to shoot the "hottest" targets, jumping around like a madman, and not being able to avoid damage at all. It just gets confusing trying to keep track of where enemies are.

Also, I've been going back and trying to 3 star earlier levels. On Mission Ramscoop (#29) one of the goals is to complete the level in under 30 seconds... is that even possible? I've come nowhere close.

Still really, really loving this game though. One of my favorite to come along in months.

9. CinnamonSouls

CinnamonSouls New Member

Aug 13, 2016

Ramscoop also gave me some trouble. Took me quite a few tries to get it but eventually it triggers. I think the best strategy is rocket auto weapons + cluster grenade. The rocket autos should be able to take care of the first groups of enemies, then the cluster grenades should be able to take care of the swarmers pretty well. It helps to have special cooldown on kills somewhere on your weapon, with the swarmers it pretty much means you'll be able to reuse the grenade immediately.

On the plus side, the level can net 400+ bits per playthrough, so it's great grinding.