Universal Midnight Star Renegade (By Industrial Toys)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 11, 2016.

1. steakbacon

steakbacon Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Los Angeles County
    That's cool GreySkull - the daily event changes every day. In fact I think it just rolled over to: Take No Damage

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Oh-I've only played 2-good to know.

3. MistaBoz

MistaBoz Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Sorry Greyskull... I'm number 1 #

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I feel like I'm playing this game wrong.

No matter what I do, I'm constantly being shot. It doesn't really matter at this point since I have enough health to cover it, but it seems like there should be a way to not get hit all the time. No matter what position I run to, I'm surrounded on all sides. I touch the red indicator for the most present threat and try to dodge back and forth/run somewhere new while they shoot me, but by the time they are dead there is already at least one other guy hitting me from somewhere else. I'm finding it literally impossible to not get hit every few seconds by a flood of enemies on all sides.

I'm still progressing nicely since I have enough health (and even got the No Damage star once or twice because of my shields I guess?), but it still seems like there should be a way to avoid being hit so much.

It feels like weird game design to be constantly peppered by enemies so I'm assuming I am just doing something wrong. What are the tactics I'm supposed to use to not be shot so much?

5. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    #45 FuriousThumbs, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    Does the game automatically name you based on your Game Center name?

Also how are your phone batteries coping with this game?

6. steakbacon

steakbacon Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Los Angeles County
    Avoiding enemy fire does require a lot of dodge/running - do you have jump boots? Those help a lot!

It should pick up your gamecenter name when you start. Also you can set your name in the options screen.

7. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    I'm liking this more and more. The bite sized missions are great (shorter than the last game's missions) and the item drops almost always improve your overall gear score. Well done, Devs. Just need that iPad Air resolution bug (if it is a bug) fixed!

8. steakbacon

steakbacon Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Los Angeles County
    Thanks Sparty! We can definitely tweak the resolution setting on Air1 - it's a performance trade off we will test out next week. Thanks again!

9. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    I don't think I do. Do they randomly come in a crate or whatever? Also how do you use them?

10. steakbacon

steakbacon Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Los Angeles County
    Some of the boots you get have a Jump movement type - let's you go vertical! Have a look at your boot loot - all you do is equip them and then you'll see the results in level when you swipe to move :)

11. MistaBoz

MistaBoz Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Jump boots take this game... Off the rails # They are a must have item #

12. FuriousThumbs

Jun 5, 2016
    #52 FuriousThumbs, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Why does my rifle only fire single shot now?

The game is amazing, the controls take time getting used to but the graphics and overall experience is great. The design and loot reminds me of Destiny on consoles.

I notice in the options you can change the shooting controls, what do the other options do?

13. MistaBoz

MistaBoz Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    The grip changes the firing style. You have burst, semi automatic, automatic and spread. In the customization screen you can change as necessary. Some grips work for specific milestones.

14. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    2nd place in today's daily with 3 hours to go.

Anyway-question. I just got a 300+ rated pimped the hell out cluster grenade. Is the damage listed in the stats per "child" (for each cluster that flies out) or for per grenade? If it's the first-with 19 clusters per grenade...oh shiii...

I need to know-because I'm loving my sticky grenade. Great for killing a cluster of enemies that spawn at the same time by sticking the bomb onto one of them.

15. steakbacon

steakbacon Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Los Angeles County
    Hey Greyskull - each child in the cluster with do listed_damage/2. But let me say a 300+ cluster grenade is boss!!!

16. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    The more I play this the more I'm loving it. There's so much content here, and it's super fun going back for earlier missed stars when you are way stronger. Multiplayer is really great too. The monetization seems a lot more generous than the first game as well.

Any chance we could get "true" multiplayer in the future? There would probably have to be specially designed stages with separate movement points for each team (or even each player) so people wouldn't run into each other constantly, but I think it could work.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you I'm loving this after my (minor) criticism earlier. Keep up the great work!

(Just unlocked the fifth area and still haven't found the jump boots yet... I keep getting barrier boots over and over. Hopefully soon!)

17. FuriousThumbs

Jun 5, 2016
    The game design and gameplay is incredible but I have deleted it after 3 days of solid play as the controls are what prevent me from getting better results. I do not like the fact that I do not have full control over where I can move and sometimes I found myself getting stuck because I wasn't able to go forward.

I also don't like tapping on things to get kills, it blocks the screen to much and can make getting headshots hard.

18. steakbacon

steakbacon Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Los Angeles County
    Happy to hear that @sweetdiss! We've thought a lot about synch multiplayer too. No decisions yet, but could be cool. Hope you get your jump boots soon!

19. steakbacon

steakbacon Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Los Angeles County
    Sorry to lose you FuriousThumbs - thanks for trying out our game.

20. FuriousThumbs

Jun 5, 2016
    Thanks, I might reinstall at a later date. It's a shame because it's probably one of the best fps games I have played in iOS but I just can't get the controls to work.

I had quite a few epics and a legendary too #