microphone on ipod touch 2g?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dtlang12, Jan 4, 2009.

1. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    I feel sorry for the topic starter. Anyways iPod Touch 2nd gen does not have a built-in mic.

2. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    hahaha this thread is epic
    but i must say i prefer the technique of soaking it in water for 10 minutes,
    works a charm ;)

3. hankc3923

hankc3923 Member

Jan 4, 2009
    anyone have the apple in ear headphones with mic and remote? how is it?

4. narr

narr Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I have them and they are nice. I am satisfied with the sound-quality, similar to my previous Sennheiser in-ears. The mic is ok for simple notes to yourself but don't expect to record a concert or something with them. :) The remote is easy to use and also very tiny, so it does not get in the way. What I don't like is that both earphone-cables are the same length. I rather have one of them a bit longer so that you can mount it behind your neck... still, I like them a lot.

5. hankc3923

hankc3923 Member

Jan 4, 2009
    i just ended up buying the philips iphone microphone adapter. It works well with the ipod touch 2G and is only 10 dollars.

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    besides VOIP, what's the point? doesn't it also take away a little of the portability?

7. Tessa

Tessa New Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Let the hooker hold your iPod then hit the hooker with a baseball bat approximately 2.25 times. The mic will turn on.

8. jwbrent

jwbrent Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    What someone needs to come out with is a small mic that plugs in the dock connector. There is such a thing for jailbroken touches. I have a Shure MPA and it works very well but i don't like having to deal with the extra cable.

One of the things on my wish list for the next version of the touch is a built in mic...