Universal Micromon (by Pocket Trend)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Ye, you can catch them all without paying a cent BUT the developement rate for wild Micromon is low which means as example a Micromon at DR 10 is at max level stronger than the same Micromon at max level and DR 6.
    The higher the DR, the higher the stats your Micromon will gain with every level up.
    After you beat the first Legion member Slider, You will be able to hack into moduls to hunt wild Micromons (the same which you have encountered before) with an higher DR but you will have to pay 200 diamonds for each run and it is time limited.

Micromons from the Lottery are always at DR 10.

2. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Idk how I feel about this.

On one hand, the game seems ridiculously polished. Animations are beautiful, both in the overworld and during battles. Dialogue is great, much more humorous than anything I've seen from Pokemon.

But I'm starting to feel like combat is a little cheap. You can only heal at shops, which are conveniently located in towns. This would be great but a lot of times you have to go through a lot of areas just to get to a shop, so the temptation to just use items is high. You get money and most of your health restored after a battle, so unless you're trying to level your weaker guys this is usually not a problem.

I'm struggling to see how deep the battle system is. To me it just seems like faster monsters have a huge advantage over others, particularly if they have healing skills. Buffing/debuffing skills feel useless, since they're usually only good enough to add or detract 15% of a skill, last only a short amount of turns, and don't stack. Also many of the supposedly more powerful attacks that have a downside (like a 30% chance of attacking myself instead) have negligible damage increases over the basic attacks, giving me very little reason to use them. And there are no detailed stats that tell me the power of each move and it's accuracy, which bothers me.

As the guy above said, the DR of monsters from the lottery is always 10, and it's nearly impossible to find ultra rare monsters in the game, much less catch them. As a result, I fail to see how online multiplayer for this can avoid being pay to win.

3. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    #103 heringer, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    Not true. With less than 2 hours of gameplay I found a ultra rare monster twice and got one (DR8) with the mid chip in the second try. Also found a super rare 3 times already. Didn't try to get it because the DR was low though.

This is true. Which means the multiplayer is broken as IAP buyers will have a clear advantage. For single player it seems fine though, as you can find wild monsters with fairly high DR (I have a 9 and a 8 that I got in the wild).

4. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I can't stop imagining how much more fun this game would be without all the currencies. We can engage in apologetics all we like, but it won't change the fact that this game isn't as good as it could be due to its monetization model.

5. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    The games amazing, for this quality. It was a single dollar. This is a top tier catch em' all game. Most likely would coast 40$ on a DS or any other mobile console.

I'm absolutely enjoying this and a TON of blood & sweat went into this project. It's completely playable without having to spend money. I'm a few hours in and healing at the fox station isn't a problem. Potions are there when ya need em as well. Need coin? Farm some micromon for a few minutes.

The game is beautiful and extremely polished.

So what, spend a few bucks if your impatient. I've come across 2-3 super / ultra rares so far.

If you want a hardcore team later on for multiplayer & your lazy to farm / catch these monsters. Just support the devs and buy a few eggs. This isn't a 1/10000 change to get a great monster when ya buy an egg. You get an auto dr 10 and there's a huge chance you'll get a super rare like I did.

Beautifully done.

I'll be spending 10-20$ to support you all.

Look forward to more content / updates

6. Rattyfus

Rattyfus Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Going to love this I'm sure. Initial impressions are great. Only one complaint. Visibility of text boxes is TERRIBLE! White on light blue or yellow? REALLY? Can't you do better than that? It's really hurting my eyes. I know devs don't care about a small percentage of us who have an issue with contrast but I do think it wouldn't hurt to give an option for high contrast text boxes in games where there is lots of dialogue. Can't play long sessions otherwise.

Other than that rant, good luck with this quality game. Well worth the wait. I'll award the fifth star if I hear the visibility issue has at least been acknowledged.

7. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Ye, the online Arena is totaly broken.
    - matchmaking is very bad. It's possible someone with an level 5 Micromon get matched with an user which has five level 50's or even worse.
    - 75% the Games I've played, the oppenent disconnected when he was close to death which means no points. A total waste of time.

Godly monsters arent overpowered though.

8. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I've never played Pokemon possibly since I'm and old school gamer from pong and Atari 2600 on and Pokemon must have hit when I unfortunately wasn't able to play games as much. The first monster catching game I played was monster island and I think I paid .99 for it and loved it. I probably didn't get to fast bit I did play it a lot and still have it on my iPhone 5.

This game initially looked and sounded interesting. I like the idea of kickstarter projects. I'm a bit surprised that a game that attempted kickstarter as a source is funding has no comments from the designers since kick starter is so social. For .99 I might buy it for the 1player mode but the game size file seems high and multiplayer does sound pointless with the iap model.

I totally agree that while the iap isn't mandatory making this game a full premium game may have been the better route in the long run. In some ways it would have made online a true and fair mode instead a mode that will likely not be successful.

I'd love to hear from the game designers if they are reading this forum to provide their feedback on many valid comments.

9. AwesomeD

AwesomeD New Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Does this support iCloud Saving?

10. RamazUltra

RamazUltra Active Member

Jul 11, 2014
    I am picking this one up even though I have Pokemon y. I just really want to support these amazing devs.

11. #111 GreedPhantom, Jul 31, 2014
    Micromon (by Pocket Trend)

We all agree they are some issues to fix. Andthe strategic theme in Micromon is not yet as Pokemon. But man, we all wanted a game like this since long time on iOS. If you want more updates on this : buy it and review 5 stars. It's the only way !

12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm enjoying the game, haven't had as much time as I'd like to play though. The IAP is fine by me as it's aesthetic or a shortcut, the devs said you can get everything without buying any IAP so we shall see.

As I said previously I wish they left out the DR system as it's hard to be exited by most micromon that appear due to their DR, I am finding a lot around 8 or so but I won't capture anything unless it's a 10. You don't need eggs to get a 10 you definitely do find them in the wild still.

I do love the story so far though, it's interesting and keeps you happy/going. Can't wait to get to play more.

13. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    How does this compare to monster island which is the only Pokemon kind if game I've ever played?

14. What's that ?

15. #115 GreedPhantom, Jul 31, 2014
    Micromon (by Pocket Trend)

Just did a search. It's Hunter Island not Monster. It's by the same dev it seems. But HI is definitely more like Shin Megami series, Micromon is Pokemon like. Pure.

16. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #116 Brrobotix, Jul 31, 2014
    Maybe you've been luckier than I have. Ultra rares aren't exactly too hard to find anywhere, but of the ones I've found and deemed worthy of catching (5ish) I haven't had any success, using 3 of the medium chips on each try.

Regardless, I've been incredibly lucky with eggs. I rerolled my initial egg until I got the mineral dragon, who's really powerful. I used the silver egg I got for beating the pyromaniac and got the ultra rare fire guy that looks like a rhino mixed with a volcano (diaster?), and then I used the 300 gems from beating the first 2 legion tamers to get a golden egg, which yielded a wizcat, a really powerful wind monster. And all are DR 10.

I think the main thing that irks me about catching versus buying ultra rared is the DR. You're never going to get a DR 10 in the wild. The chances that you find one and actually catch it are incredibly stacked against you. That said, the game is pretty generous with eggs, and I'm sure I'll be able to make a party filled with egg monsters by the time I get to end game.

For multiplayer, it really doesn't make sense to quit midway because you get points even if you lose. I hope they make that clearer in the future. The only game I played I was up against a level 99 flying starter monster, which wiped out my whole team with snipe. I almost was able to take him out with stun moves from diaster, which would have been so satisfying since all my monsters are around level 30. The game needs to heal your team after you lose in the online arena though. I entered a battle and got an instant game over because my team was still dead.

17. JonnyRo1

JonnyRo1 Active Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Sorry about that ; )

18. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Oops... Sorry! That game has no iap.

19. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    I was hoping the multiplayer would be some kind of free to roam room/city where one could meet up other players and battle them.

20. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    That was you? hahaha funny how that works. I'll get a rematch with you after I get my guys up to around level 50.