Universal Micromon (by Pocket Trend)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Quix

Quix Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Gotta catch m all

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... i bet that's a zero with a dot in it. :D

3. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Only things Im missing is a sort function for my monster box and an indicator in-fight which tells me if I already catched the Micromon which Im fighting.

Oh and more Micromons please! :D

4. RamazUltra

RamazUltra Active Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Wait what Lmao I know you're just loving the game and excited and all but Pokemon shits on this game like seriously?

5. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    It's a pretty decent equally mobile alternative if you have no plans of buying nintendo products or emulating. A buck for the entry price.

6. RamazUltra

RamazUltra Active Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Yes exactly.

7. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    This looks like an IAP grind fest.

Can someone give me an unbiased, honest opinion on whether this is worth my time.

(I have gba4ios, so remember that I have access to the actual real Pokemon. I don't need a bad imitation.)

8. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Man this sucks! Ppl disconnecting when they are close to death and mostly you dont get any points then. -.-

9. As a fan Of Pokemon and many RPG. Read my quick preview below (i can't review it, i need to go further)

- first price riduculous, nice start.
    - so, it's definitely a Pokemon like : same battle system, pokedex like, items like, evolution, team rocket like (but here it's badass trust me) types like (minerals = rock or maybe ground, i don't know yet)
    - but the thing, it's not only a Pokemon like. Ready ?
    Digimon like : definetely. Graphics, plot, story, mood and monster are Digimon like in a damn right way. So nice to see a game like that.
    Shin Megami Tensei like : so, you have your skill ( attacks in Pokemon) but also passive skill (each monsters have his personal passive skil, and not only one per monsters but many, you can change them, like Shin Megami Tensei :) Also, each Micromon (oh man sound good to say :) have a rank (even it's the same Micromon)

WARNING : it´s more "farming" than Pokemon and more rewarding. So, careful if you don't like Pokemon for this, it's worst here.

So far, characters are cool, and as already said, there is nice Digimon vibe.
    So it's not perfect at all, but you can except updates who can change everything. Like a trade system will be awesome (for moment only online battle)
    Also, music are great. And it's more difficult to catch than Pokemon.

So let's end with the big bad points so far i seen in my first run :

- Stamina for running in the map. That's a big joke... Seriously i hope they'll erase this quickly.

- The lottery. I don't know yet, but i really hope we don't need this to have exclusiv Micromon, because if it's the case, then that sucks... it's not with the current in-game money but with diamonds (real money i think because as i said, i need to play further)
    - need a d-pad.

But besides that, this game is awesome. Without any doubts, that's a truly new iOS (and original) experience. So fresh. Pokemon like yes, but also new in it's own way.

My review soon.

(If you have a 3DS and Pokemon, don't buy it, if you have a Vita, buy it, if you have none of those, buy it because emu sucks :p)

10. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

Great game for me (although it has a tendency to crash at certain times :( ) but that shouldn't discourage you guys from getting the game :D

11. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    #91 heringer, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    The game is great but I feel it's a big mistake using dual currencies. The in your face currencies and try your luck makes the game looks like freemium and a lot of people will raise eyebrowns. In my opinion they should have gone with free or $5 with no IAP. With iOS these days you have to quickly make a stance about what your product really are, and to the consumer not following Touch Arcade it will be hard to know if the game is fair and has no paywall.

Multiplayer eventually will be pointless for people not using IAP because kids with money will have DR10 only monsters.

Stamina was a bad decision too. It looks very ugly and I don't see the point of it.

I also wonder how long is the game. Hopefully it's at least 10 hours long.

12. kobwad

kobwad Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Is there any way to transfer save file to another device?

13. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well this is looking awesome from what I've played, sadly I don't like the way you can buy the best monsters with real money as that has just ruined any chance of me trying the online multiplayer part but 69p for the single player game is a steal anyway.

14. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Found a super rare in the woods! Darn, used 2 mid chips and couldn't catch it :(

15. Don't give up ;)

16. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Yes you can, at least for the cave spin. Figuring it would be the only time I would ever have that many gems, I respun 4 times before I got my ultra rare.

17. JonnyRo1

JonnyRo1 Active Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Just a heads up, the game gives you silver eggs, golden eggs, and jewels as rewards for completing missions later in the game.

18. THAT is a good news. Thanks man. No need to pay again to have all the Micromons then.

19. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Seriously--for presentation. I have most of the Nintendo Pokemons through Y, and like the graphics and animation on this much more, particularly during battles.

As the game itself goes, dropping to only a few elements seriously impacts depth, but if you were to take Pokemon's guts and wrap it in this presentation, I'd be pretty thrilled.

20. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    But are there unlimited missions for those?