Universal Micromon (by Pocket Trend)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 30, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Does anything else on the 3ds interest you? I'm actually picking up a 3DS XL this weekend, mostly for monster hunter, pokemon, and super smash bros. But also steamworld dig, shovel knight, and if Binding of Isaac Rebirth makes it over.

Whoops, derailed. My bad

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Still nearly 3 hours until I can play. I hate that I have unlimited data and still can't download anything over 100mb.

3. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Well when you put it like that...

Actually I was thinking about getting a Wii U for a lot of that. I don't like to double dip with mobile devices, and I feel that mario kart/smash bros are at their best when you're playing with a bunch of friends on the same screen. It will be a big jump from my PS3, but at least I'll get to experience a lot of the Wii games I missed like metroid and zelda (I never had game cube, so I'm looking forward to this a lot).

Back on topic, is there any kind of wiki for this yet? It would be cool to have somewhere to go to plan out which monsters I'd want for my endgame party, but given that it seems like they level pretty fast it might not really matter.

4. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    The ultimate first world problem. Sorry I had to :D

Just be happy that they raised the limit. it used to be worse (20mb I think?)

5. Rattyfus

Rattyfus Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    It's out in the UK. Downloading now.

6. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
  7. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Holy crap, apparently the evil organization in the game, called Black Root, is self-aware in that they understand they're in a game. That's awesome.

8. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    It was 20. Then 50. Now 100.

Making things even more annoying is iOS updates can't even be downloaded at all without wifi, even when it's under that limit! :rolleyes:

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The limit for downloads has steadily increased.

Also anyone wanting the best Micromon take note of DR it's 1-10 te higher the better. 10 is the best obviously and it means your level 100 DR 10 will have much better stats than your level 100 DR1

I wish they left the DR system out but hopefully tell be ok. I'm OCD and need DR10 on anything I capture. I don't suppose it matters a whole lot unless your going to end game pvp

10. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Downloading now!! So excited.

The best / top monster - catch game by far on the ios. I havent played but have been following it forever. My friends are loving it ^^

11. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    As someone who has been watching this game progress 3 years ago, hopefully this will meet my expectations. Was glad to hear after the failed kickstarter that the devs would give this game a go.

12. Anteros

Anteros Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    How does this compare to dragon island blue and there other title monster hunter?

13. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Really Folks! I feel like i've waited forever for the release of Micromon! :'D This is the best PKM (Classics) like game for iOS ever!! and it's super awesome!!

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Review team finally stopped mooning... *giggle*

15. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Copyright 2814? XD

Attached Files:

16. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Are all the starter retrievable in the game or is it like Pokemon almost impossible unless you trade? Also does anyone know the final evolution for all the starters? Would be nice to know which one would look at their final stage.

17. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    You cannot cheat and quit after you spin for another chance. The game auto saves as soon as you spin to stop you from doing that.

I got work in the AM but I'm LOVING the game. Also got an ultra rare 5 star on my cave spin ^^

Wow, so much fun.

18. Zockeromi

Zockeromi Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Yes, i love this game. But i really would like to have the option to fix the d-pad and change its opacity.

19. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Well, this is just excellent. Game Freaks should be ashamed Pokemon doesn't look this good.

A few comments:

I'd like the option for more aggressive auto saves--after capture, or after fight, whatever works. I never remember to save (manual save is a bit rare nowadays), and the game just crashed to home screen and took a bunch of progress.

I'd like to be able to see how many items I already have in the shop view.

The levels seem off when comparing performance of player Micromon to enemy ones. I'm winning battles well above my level pretty consistently.

The jump in enemy levels when I entered Ninea (or whatever the southern area is called) was startling. It was like going from Lv 3 to Lv 8+ instantly. I did skip some grass, but thought I captured in each zone.

But like I said, fantastic. It's rare I feel a clone is a serious advancement on the original, but at least in terms of presentation this is superior.