Universal Micromon (by Pocket Trend)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 30, 2014.

1. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    It's a monster catching game. Cheating to get rarer monsters kinda defeats the purpose, IMO. It's a nice tip for some people though.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I heard that the game auto saves whenever you do an egg I guess it's not the same for the spin then?

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #43 JCho133, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    I think everyone's "this looks amazing" statements could easily be changed to "this looks like pokemon" statements, if you know what I mean

And Echoen, you've only played pokemon yellow?!

4. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Might be just for this one cause it's part of the tutorial for the spin. The jackpot changes though when you reload.

JCho, yeah just yellow lol feels like forever since I played that

5. g0omba

g0omba Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Sure IAP aren't "mandatory" to complete the game but like Adventure Time: Card Wars you'll be forced to drop days in to the game. Oh well, I'll keep my buck and sanity from the awful grind-fest.

6. g0omba

g0omba Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    I agree 100% friend!

7. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    That's kinda like saying that every platforming game is kinda like Mario. Monster RPGs are their own sub genre now.

That said I see some monster island things here too, like the time based battle system and the wheels you spin occasionally to get monsters. This just seems more polished. I loved monster island, so I'm definitely instability this

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Wow such an opinion? From someone that hasn't even played it? Clearly you were never interested anyway. The game isn't a grind I've heard from people that play the game Micromob level up much faster than in Pokemon which is sad for me, but I'm sure it'll balance well to be less grindy.

I've only played Pokemon red/blue so it actually looks nothing like Pokemon to me! Although I do love how they made all the Micromon look really good, many of these games can get gameplay down then ruin it with IAP and monsters you just don't care about nor like.

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    For 69p I'd be mad not to pick this up and atleast give it a try. Roll on midnight. :D

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    It's a different because there's an obvious king in this genre (pokemon) whereas you cannot declare a king of platformers without starting a fight. While Mario is definitely the grandfather, many people will argue against him being the king.

Anyhoo, I was saying it in more of a joking way, and a positive way, because having a good game that is like pokemon on iOS is only positive

11. g0omba

g0omba Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    You're right, I'm not interested because developers have to nickel and dime us. You want a solid experience? Pick up Pikemon on the DS/3DS. That or Monster Hunter for iPhone. Good games can get away with charging more upfront and not needing to add IAPs. Good riddance.

12. phoenix155

phoenix155 Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Wow...I haven't played Pokemon in YEARS, not since I was a kid, but I gotta day, the production value on this title is pretty darned amazing. Wow. Impressive.

13. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #53 Nekku, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    It's a great game, even with all the IAP straight in ya face. I say this because the gambling and shop icons are always displayed at the top of the screen which make it look like an f2p game.
    However, I'm a couple of hours in now and didn't feel IAP was necessary at some point.
    Monsters indeed level up kinda fast imo, but it's not a bad thing at all cuz it makes it feel less of a grind. As soon as your monsters gaining new skills, the game becomes serious fun. You can only equip 4 active and one passive skill at the same time so decide on which skilks to equip is just awesome. Making a more tanky one with defensive skills like evade or armor up? Or a healer with healing abilities? Or full dps with double scratch and enemies defense down? Or maybe an all-rounder? Hella fun!
    Long time ago since I'd played Pokemon the last time but I remember you had to forget a skill if your Pokémon was already maxed out and wanted to learn a new skill, right? This definitely isn't the case here. You can always choose your skills out of all the ones you have unlocked.

Someone asked if evolved forms of monsters also counts for the 139 mentioned ones. Yes, 139 Monsters including evolved ones. So this makes somewhat like, dunno, 70 base monsters or even less? Not sure cuz I didn't count it yet.

14. Louis Ace

Louis Ace Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    It would be cool if additional monsters were added in updates, or even paid expansions.

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I do want a Nintendo I'd love to play Pokemon or Mario again but we are talking iOS here. It seems like it'll be the best of it's kind on iOS but only time will tell.

I don't think people will feel nickle n dimed either after the extremely cheap purchase all things are optional and not needed. Vanity items and items that speed things along are there for the lazy.

Purchased this but 5 hours until I can download, also purchased 80 days by Inkle. Anyone have any further insight into the micromon for first choice? I like the water, air and earth/mineral. The fire evolved looks pretty good too I think.

16. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    What he said...

17. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    That is great news! Really glad my jaded expectations were misplaced. Thanks for the details; very helpful.

18. Taxt2180

Taxt2180 Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Insta buy for me.

MC5 and Micromon the same week. Gonna be busy for a while as far as iphone games go.

19. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Fair enough, I can respect that. I've been itching to play the newer pokemon games (after Ruby/Saphire/Emerald) but I have an older iPad that can't run nds4ios, and I can't really justify getting a 3DS just for pokemon. Hopefully this will do a good job at scratching that pokemon-esque itch.

20. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Wow. This sounds really deep, much better than I expected. Given that I've already seen how pretty the game is, this looks great. So excited for 11!

Btw you mentioned healers. Are there a lot of double battles? Any triple battles? Or can you heal party monsters that are not currently in the battle?