Universal Micromon (by Pocket Trend)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    All kinds of IAP you can imagine.
    - Currency (In-game currency as well as premium currency)
    - Eggs for playing the Slot Machine (separated into two kinds of eggs. Silver for normal rates and Gold Eggs for higher rated Monsters)
    - Gold Chips are used to catch monsters, were Gold Chips giving a 100% chance as far as I know
    - Pets (also Vanity I guess)
    - Vehicle (I guess to travel faster)

The Devs were saying IAP isn't necessary to complete the game 100% though.

2. Darklord1011

Darklord1011 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Doesn't sound good.

3. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Not sure if digimon or pokemon ;)

4. ReddestDream

ReddestDream Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Student
    NC, USA
    Ah, I figured as much . . . A game like this is far too easily monitized . . .

Oh, well . . . :(

I guess my dream of a pay-once/limited-IAP Pokemon-style game remains unfulfilled . . .

They say this, but it's never really true, especially when the game is only $0.99 . . .

5. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    The price will probably be raised to 2,99 so the 0,99 is a steal! The IAP is only for those who are impatient :) full game for an one time payment.

6. Louis Ace

Louis Ace Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    I don't understand why people automatically give up on a game when it has OPTIONAL In-App Purchases. I agree with you, and I'm not going to let OPTIONAL In-App Purchases ruin my experience with this game. It looks great.

7. terrence92

Nov 12, 2013
    Yup people need to understand this or they are missing out!

8. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Instabought. I expected the IAP from the price tag but I was not expecting the install size. *didn't read thread app info*

692MB installed

9. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I just did the free try on the slot machine and got the last monster, hah. Guess my luck is gone for the rest of the year.

10. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Because those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it...

In other words, most developers who make games like this that say IAPs are optional are lying. This is doubly true when fanboys chime in and say things like "you only need them if you are impatient." Yes, I am an impatient gamer. I don't like to wait for artificial timers designed to squeeze me for more money.

All that being said, it's only a buck so I'll give it a try. I just couldn't resist taking the usual bait from The usual F2P crowd.

11. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    I can see where this thread is going...

Looking forward to more gameplay impressions. I was never much of a Pokemon fan, but this looks fun and charming

12. terrence92

Nov 12, 2013
    Before you speak you should know what you are talking about, there are no timers :) have a great day nevertheless!

13. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #33 Zeillusion, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    9 more hours! It's a shame they didn't reach their kick start goal. I know some things had to be left out because of budget. If the game is successful will those updates be added to the game?

(Iap) is acceptable in this case. The developers spent a ton of their own money on this project since they didn't reach their goal. They say it isn't needed, I'll trust the devs considering they worked their butts off to make this dream a reality.

14. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    this looks cool, the file size is huge so I have to make some room for this. Hope to see some impressions before it hits the german appstore.

15. Louis Ace

Louis Ace Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    #35 Louis Ace, Jul 30, 2014
    From the install size this game seems to have a large scale. Hopefully it will be just as good as the old GBA Pokemon games.

16. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #36 Echoen, Jul 30, 2014
    I only ever played Pokemon Yellow but this takes me back and adds to that old school experience I had. Everything is so finely detailed and animated, it's no wonder the file size is huge. The turn-based battles play out like FFX's complete with the portraits to show the coming turns. Mobs drop health and stamina globes when defeated. It does feel like a complete Pokemon experience so far; 139 to collect so says the in game database. I caught a super rare Micromon early on too, which is actually available in the premium shop if you want to blow 100 diamonds (worth $0.99).

[​IMG]

Finely polished, it's pretty easy to recommend at $1 but the 692MB may be trouble for others. Can't judge the IAP yet this early.

17. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I can't believe this is finally coming out. Almost thought the developers gave up on it. More than willing to throw the developers a dollar and more. Thanks moga!

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice... If the IAP is only an alternative way to get more rare micromons, then i'd say that's pretty fair. Pay2Cheat is totally acceptable to me, as long as it doesnt significantly affect leaderboards if any, and as long as everything else is still attainable in-game without IAPs.

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Can't wait to get this game and I suppose the file size can be expected with all of the data and graphics in the game so it won't put me off at all. The devs have said the .99 is an intro price and will likely rise to 2.99/3.99 I belive.

Also just to reiterate the IAP's are optional and the game can be 100% completed without any. Things like getting micromon easier and vanity items ect nothing you need. But as I always say a dev would be stupid not to put the option in because some people love throwing money away.

At this price though I'll likely buy the bike as the app is so cheap and to support the dev, as they did say if the game does well it'll get more love through updates.

20. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #40 Echoen, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    Tip: CAVE SPIN. Save just before entering the cave for the first quest. You'll get a free spin at the lucky wheel for an ultra rare micromon. If you don't get one, just force quit the app and load your save to try again!

Edit: this is the ONLY egg spin you can force quit to try again! Any other spins will automatically save your game after rolling!

[​IMG]