Universal Micromon (by MOGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Oct 11, 2016.

1. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    So I have followed micromon for a while. I think what happen here was they just did a resubmit to prevent it from being pullled to lack of updates. Apple does have the deadlines coming for apps to make sure they are working, and/or been updated in the last X amount of time or it will be pulled.

For a while there was a twitter account by the name of "micromon update". It was active/view able till about July when it was taken down. I can't find it anymore. The twitter account was saying a sequel was being made, and a possible update. It is very very possible this was a false account, but it could have an element of truth.

2. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I threw down on the original, hearing that a sequel might come really gets me excited. This was one of the best Pokémon like games when it came to the App Store. Top quality animation, story, sound and controls. It's not a freemium - upgrade - collect thousands of items and spend thousands $. It's a beautiful game inspired by the classic Pokémon.

Edit: was mainly just curious why the re - release. The game deserves the attention though. As it was swept under the rug when released.

3. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    #23 Zaraf, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    Seems an odd thing to do just because of a lack of update. They could modify almost nothing and submit it as "bug fixes" if they really needed an update.

Defender Chronicles hasn't been updated since 2010 and its sequel since 2012. Why haven't they been taken down?

4. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Why would I want to buy this game AGAIN what a scam making those who own the one by pocket trend buy it again this has to be a joke or a fake! I own the first one what's the difference ?

5. monetarydread

monetarydread Member

Sep 26, 2012
    This feels a little like a scam to me. I purchased the game a year ago and now if I want to play it again I have to pay for it? How is this not theft? Bad form MOGA, I hope this fails so developers stop pulling this kind of bullshit in the future.

6. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Okay , right maybe you feel you been done over but it's 79p that's nothing, you can't get coffee for that anymore wish people stop moaning

7. rockhount

rockhount Active Member

Jun 27, 2013
    I also bought the game thus I'd need to buy it again

The point is: it's completely not about the price or the economical damage I suffered.

The problem is that this kind of practice invites shady devs to scam you as a paying Player and in fact: Even if it was 0.01€ I'd payed, I would still have the right to redownload my, even outdated, game.

Apple and the Devs need to find a solution here to ensure previous customers still get their game they legally aquired.

8. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    I think people making it bigger isssue Than actually is

9. Robbie150

Robbie150 New Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Dude this game would get more updated than the old one and I feel that is kinda rude that you want this game to fail which isn't right (in my opinion) they made a good awesome Pokémon clone like game and notice that the old one was 1.5 and this new one is 1.6 so there's probably some bug fixes

10. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Thank you finally someone agrees with me and that guy Robbie150

11. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Why is ppl buying this again when you can download it from purchased?

12. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    #32 Robbie1350, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    There's a difference like Robbie150 said the old one is 1.5 and this new one is 1.6 and that this one would get updated more and it's not like it's $4.99 and also that I noticed is that the old one need like iOS 6 something and this one you need iOS 8

13. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I just meant people are acting like they lost their precious game forever even they didnt

14. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Oh sorry about that

15. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I downloaded and played through the tutorial and the first couple of missions. It's definitely not a fake. I don't know why the original release was removed from the AppStore but it could be something as simple as they are self publishing now. That would explain the publisher name change.

16. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    The original one was removed by Apple since the old one was never updated within Apple new rule now well that's what it said online

17. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Cool, thanks for the info. Where did you read that? I've been scouring the internet for two days and haven't been able to find anything.

18. Robbie1350

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    It said in on google but can't find it anymore but when I tapped on it it showed nothing about micromon so I'm not sure whoever wrote that was right it's either Apple removed it since it never gotten updated or the developers removed it so they can have a clean fresh on this new one where it will get more updates and get our update 2.0 that we've been waiting for a long time with additional bug fixes

19. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I think it's possible what some are saying here about the Dev which is MOGA possibly parting ways with their publisher Pocket Trend and now there probably self publishing themselves and want to start fresh and hopefully do it better this time by giving the game proper service and attention

20. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    OK, I had my eye on Micromon for ages but never bought it. There's so much great original stuff, I wasn't sure about what is essentially a knock-off.

What I really want to know is, if say Pokemon Emerald is a 10/10, what is Micromon?